It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird News Story (very strange)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
First, perhaps she wanted to disappear and now is ready to reveal herself.

Second, perhaps they found remains

Third, perhaps they have a confession of a serial killer but no remains and are looking.

Just my thoughts

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Okay, so this is pretty bizarre. Apparently the family of a college student, Kristin Smart, who disappeared back in 1996, has been told to be prepared for the "unexpected". WTH????

The family of Kristin Smart, the California college student who vanished 23 years ago after attending a party near her school, was reportedly told by federal agents to be prepared for news and to secure a family spokesperson.

Denise Smart, the woman's mother, told the Stockton Record that she was contacted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and was told to "be ready."

"This is really going to be something you don't expect. We want to give you the support you need," she said she was told.

FBI tells family of Kristin Smart to be "prepared"

The other piece of information that might prove very telling here is which division of the FBI contacted Kristin's Smart family? Behavioural Studies Unit (BSU) or what was called the BAU (for all of you "Criminal Minds" types).

If you know who's running the investigation, then you have a glimpse into what direction the FBI is leaning...

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Some have brought up the possibility of the FBI wanting to see if anyone in the family gets nervous and checks out the body.

Why then would they suggest that it might be a good idea to get away for a while?

soulwaxer

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This is such tantalizing news, it’s killing me!

Found this news article I thought was interesting enough to share:

A *retired FBI Agent with the Los Angeles office weighed in on the notification and what it could mean for investigators and the family. "It does sound like they have found something with relatively definite information, whether it be good or bad, and the family certainly has a right to know. It sounds like that may have been exactly what the FBI was doing," said Tom Parker, a retired FBI Assistant Special Agent in Charge of the Los Angeles office. "It sounds like something extremely significant has happened or has been discovered, which would lead me to believe that they are right there on the edge of some kind of resolution."

*Tom Parker is a retired Assistant Special Agent in Charge out of the Los Angeles office and is not an official spokesperson or representative of the FBI.

www.ksby.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Yes, that is bizarre. My first thought and hope was that she was found alive but the "spokesman" part of the story made me think otherwise. Personally, I'd be beyond pissed if my daughter had been missing all those years and they had information about her that they weren't telling me. No way that would fly with me, unless....I already knew what happened to her.

Maybe they released the news this way to see if a family member squirms? Very weird way to release new news on the case none the less.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 35Foxtrot

I never kept up with it outside of blurbs on the news. So that there actually was an earring at one point is amazing coincidence considering I just thought of a small item as a clue while typing.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Personally, I'd be beyond pissed if my daughter had been missing all those years and they had information about her that they weren't telling me.

OMG ! The continuous torment of wondering about the well being of a loved one who has disappeared ? I can’t imagine what this poor family went through.

I’d be beyond pissed off if they had information they weren’t sharing with me. I’d be livid and probably want to sue.. but apparently alphabet agencies can pretty much do what they want when ‘solving’ cases.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

"It's probably imminently going to break I would say within a month," the mother told the paper. "Something's going to happen."

Are you kidding me? A Month?

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
a reply to: mtnshredder

Personally, I'd be beyond pissed if my daughter had been missing all those years and they had information about her that they weren't telling me.

OMG ! The continuous torment of wondering about the well being of a loved one who has disappeared ? I can’t imagine what this poor family went through.

I’d be beyond pissed off if they had information they weren’t sharing with me. I’d be livid and probably want to sue.. but apparently alphabet agencies can pretty much do what they want when ‘solving’ cases.

I can't imagine either! I have two daughters and there's just no way I could or would sit around waiting (up to a month) to be told info someone already has about my missing daughter, nope. They better have a damn good reason to be approaching it in this manner.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
What if she identified as a male, couldn't face up to outing herself, ran away, and has now returned as a transsexual person?

This theory fits with all of the following:

- It's not what the family is expecting.
- They would need a spokesperson, because this would become a huge story in the media.
- There will be psychological support for the family.

In mysteries like this, it's important to keep an open mind and explore all avenues.

soulwaxer

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

"It's probably imminently going to break I would say within a month," the mother told the paper. "Something's going to happen."

Are you kidding me? A Month?

I would say that the family maybe knows now, but can’t say they know. Maybe they were told to leave town so reporters didn’t harass them.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulwaxer
What if she identified as a male, couldn't face up to outing herself, ran away, and has now returned as a transsexual person?

- They would need a spokesperson, because this would become a huge story in the media.

In mysteries like this, it's important to keep an open mind and explore all avenues.

soulwaxer

Interesting theory and also possible... though transgendered was not such a ‘thing’ back then.

This is one of those stories that could keep you guessing for hours .. and even when the FBI allegedly come out with the ‘truth’.. not so sure it won’t be some bs cover up story because of their own involvement in rings that have to do with sexual exploitation.

It’s most likely the bf though who found her drunk on the grass.. just hope that the ‘real’ truth comes out.

The family deserves that much, as heartbreaking as that truth may be.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Are we sure this isn't fake news? It reminds me of one of those posts that start with "I have video of me doing the Macarena with an alien....but it's too dangerous for me to post it now. Keep coming back, though."

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer

Exactly.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

What, are you suggesting I just made the OP up??? LOL!!

You did see that I cited a MSM source, and others have cited other MSM sources as well, correct?

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Can anyone imagine having authorities come to them after they lost a child and say something to the effect of...

"We know where your child is...but we're not going to tell you right now."

That is akin to psychological torture!!

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Can anyone imagine having authorities come to them after they lost a child and say something to the effect of...

"We know where your child is...but we're not going to tell you right now."

That is akin to psychological torture!!

Yep.. totally agree !

Check your pm’s FCD.. thanks

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulwaxer

soulwaxer

For some reason that popped into my head as well and “ he” is a famous celebrity?

Perhaps they located her through her own DNA on one of those genealogy sites?

A spokesperson is usually for when the family would be too distraught to speak on camera.

I’m intrigued and need to start googling now

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Could any one of us just simply call up the FBI and ask for confirmation on this story? Serious question.
edit on 1/22/2020 by M4ngo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Something about all this reeks of suspicion after reading this:

www.recordnet.com...

An obsessed 31 year old, Chris Lambert, who made a podcast about the case, and who blatantly without a doubt accuses Flores for the death of Kristin Smart, lives off of “savings and a GoFundMe account.” Something about this Lambert fella I don’t like. Will maybe check out his documentary podcast on this later maybe.

A quote in the article by Lambert:

“I believe that Paul Flores is responsible for her death and I believe that he knows where she is currently located,” Lambert said. “There is no doubt in my mind.”

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join