It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird News Story (very strange)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skeletonized
a reply to: M4ngo

It was for a detached garage according to a contractor who contacted through KristinSmart.com. He said there could not be a body under there. Apparently, I also missed a section which said that a cadaver dog had reacted in the top left corner of the property, but that they never dug there to check. I'll try and find it. Interesting read though, and I advise anyone who has the time to wade through it. I'm left with the impression of highly corrupt authorities.

Here is the documentary podcast on Smart if you’re interested. I’m listening to it now

podbay.fm...

m.youtube.com...
edit on 1/22/2020 by M4ngo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Thanks! Bookmarked

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
On a note about the rape allegations he was implied that Flores was working with a female second party to accomplish his end goal. I womder if there is any link between Flores and the female student who left smart with him.

I'm not familiar with cal poly's size but from my experience in college you don't just leave a drunk person with some one you dont know or they dont know.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Maybe the FBI has a lead and instructed the mother to contact the media with this story, so they could observe the reaction of their suspect. It seems unlikely the family would contact the media, otherwise.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skeletonized

Thanks! Bookmarked

There’s a lot of great detailed info in the podcast series so far.

This case seems like it was extremely sloppy and amateurish. Flores family reeks of guilt, but who knows for sure.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

Okay, maybe I misunderstood. I thought you were saying I (FCD) made up the OP as clickbait.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Absolutely nothing about this case feels right. Lets start the night of.

Smart gets drunk and passes out on the lawn of a house party.

2 random people (neither being called a friend of smart) start to carry her to her dorm

They are joined by Flores (who had talked to smsrt at the party but from all accounts did not know her)

The first guy peels off because he lives off campus...(so why did you start to carry her home to begin with?)

The girl leaves smart with flores as "he lives closer"

Flores states she is sober enough by the time they reach his dorm that he bids her stairwell

Smart is gone vanished dismissed

Cops are fed misinformation that Smart went camping and are delayed in investigating the case

Flores is the immediate suspect as the last to see her alive

Rooms and a golf cart are vigorously cleaned

Flores is offered a plea deal to admit guilt and provide the body

A supposed bloody earing is found at Flores grandmothers home (if I read correctly)

A rental property linked to Flores parents is searched nothing is found.

A hill just beyond the dorms is excavated and remains are found no positive identification is given nor specification as to if they are human or animal in like 2016

The civil suite and counter suite from the smarts and Floreses

A recent protest and memorial 2019 outside of Flores's residence

Now this news or really lack there of at this time

It all seems so targeted

If this was a movie I would suspect the first man and woman.... And Flores as the patsy.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: crimsongod21

2 random people (neither being called a friend of smart) start to carry her to her dorm

They are joined by Flores (who had talked to smsrt at the party but from all accounts did not know her)

The first guy peels off because he lives off campus...(so why did you start to carry her home to begin with?)

Flores states she is sober enough by the time they reach his dorm that he bids her stairwell

Cops are fed misinformation that Smart went camping and are delayed in investigating the case

A supposed bloody earing is found at Flores grandmothers home (if I read correctly)

A hill just beyond the dorms is excavated and remains are found no positive identification is given nor specification as to if they are human or animal in like 2016

It all seems so targeted

If this was a movie I would suspect the first man and woman.... And Flores as the patsy.

I encourage you and anyone else really interested in this to listen to the podcast series. It has way more details and info (including actual recordings with the family and other people connected to the story). Way more than any article you’re going to find.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: crimsongod21

It all seems so targeted

Based on the podcast episodes I believe the bloody ear ring was found at Susan Flores’ rental house by the young couple that was renting it. Susan Flores put it up for rent very soon after Kristin Smart went missing. That is where the concrete backyard was, and Paul Flores mentioned having to go to clean up concrete at during interviews he would leave early for that. Susan Flores and the husband were legally separated before the incident. The search of the house where Paul’s father lived turned up a few suspicious items, including a police baton (sp?).

Also, NO cadaver dogs were used during the house searches! Why in the hell would you not have cadaver dogs included in the home searches after the positives at the dorm rooms is beyond me. Furthermore, they did not include the vehicles in the search warrants! Talk about STUPID!

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

edit on 1/22/2020 by M4ngo because: double post

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Regarding cadaver dogs, many departments don't have them.

In any case, it does sound like a pretty bungled investigation by authorities.

Still doesn't explain the need for spokespeople and the need to lay low though.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Huh, that name rang a bell, this was all over the news in FL in the 90's right around the same time of the rash of kids (tweens/teens) piloting small planes & dying in plane crashes, remember those? There was a big uptick in news stories about kid pilots back then. No correlation to Smart by any means, they just happened round the same time and stick in my mind.

Anyway, this doesn't feel like they're going to unveil remains to me, it feels like she's coming forward. Was she a captive? Was she a willing disappearance act? Is she a he now? Is/Was she in the WPP? Who knows, but for some reason, this feels a lot like she's getting her ducks in a row on her terms, to finally speak up.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Ugh, I should have hit up a search engine before posting, FBI says they never contacted the family:

www.sfchronicle.com...

Contrary to recent reports, federal agents told The Chronicle on Wednesday that they did not tell the family of missing Cal Poly freshman Kristin Smart that a big break in the 23-year cold case was imminent.

A spokesman for the family confirmed Wednesday that the person who advised Smart’s mother, Denise, was not an active FBI agent.

“To clarify, the Stockton Record news story was based on a conversation between the Smart family and a former FBI agent,” said family spokesman John Segale. “The San Luis Obispo County Sheriff’s Office is leading the investigation and will notify all of us when there is official news to announce.”

So, it sounds like a sick joke, or a ballsy scam. In either case, if the "former agent" is identified, I hope they're nailed to the ceiling by their testicles and left to hang there for eternity, that's cruel to do to people

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
a reply to: rickymouse

I like your response. As of right now, I am thinking this seems more likely. I cannot believe the FBI would contact them with such a mysterious message.

Did the family call the FBI back and actually confirm the contact was made by them? It may not be a scam per say, but simply someone messing with them. Maybe out of revenge for being falsely accused? Ahem.

If I got a call like that, I would call someone local at the FBI and find out what was going on. But then again, I asked a cop about the calls for donations to disabled cops and stuff like that which I had gotten calls about and the State police worker I know said that one of the police got a call like that and it is a scam. The calls would not say unavailable or Michigan call, they would say Michigan State police....but then again I call myself and try to sell myself a free hotel stay with Marriots all the time. They can alter the caller ID easily. I never realized that talking to yourself could be done over the phone.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Ugh, I should have hit up a search engine before posting, FBI says they never contacted the family:

www.sfchronicle.com...

God bless Fox news for reporting it today.

Family of Kristin Smart who vanished 23 years ago...

smh...

ETA - they updated the story 7 hours ago and changed it from "FBI" to "ex FBI agent"

edit on 1/23/2020 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

FoxNews is trying its best to please the 90% of Americans who want something other than wall-to-wall impeachment coverage this week.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Riffrafter

FoxNews is trying its best to please the 90% of Americans who want something other than wall-to-wall impeachment coverage this week.

Thank God someone is.

The impeachment coverage is a total snooze fest. I tried to watch some of it today, but found it boring and somewhat incomprehensible - especially when the various politicians were all trying to get their "views" in.

Meh to the 4th power...

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: MissSmartypants

Okay, maybe I misunderstood. I thought you were saying I (FCD) made up the OP as clickbait.

Oh no....I would never think that. I've read many of your posts on ATS over the years and I know that's not who you are.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   
hmm - teh tail gets more convoluted .

i dont ascribe any " blame " towards the family over this - as they are " emotionally involved " - and small details are easy to misinterpret

however - this " ex - FBI agent " - would seem to be acting in thier own interest - not the family or victim

i predict they are now the sole employeee of an " private inqury agent business - and are attempting to make a name for them selves .

my key question - how many man hous has the sherriffs office [ lead investigation agency ] put into the case in the lperiod 01 JANURARY 2019 > 18 JANURARY 2020 ???????????????????

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 05:38 AM
link   
It's 3:35 here. Tell me I wasn't dreaming - ???

Radio news said something about the most 'prolific' killer of all time caught - with so many charges against him the defence asked for an extension and the judge denied the extension?

This could be it right - the reason why the FBI (if they did) told the mother to be prepaired? 'So many charges...'?

Ok, I'm going back to look for info...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join