It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question About Time Travel.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You are putting teleportation into your time travel. There would have to be more than just time travel involved if you wished to stay on earth. So yeah teleportation would have to be involved or your future would.be empty space
edit on 17-1-2020 by cognizant420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong
Time is an illusion brah! The universe is ever expanding, by the time you reach the place your going to, not only has the place you want to reach moved, and is somewhere else even farther away. But the place you left from has already moved on and is no longer were you started from.

So no matter were you go, be it in life, in the universe traveling at the speed of whatever, or even between dimensions or the etheral plane, or even shifting to whole new paradigms. No matter were you go, there you are.

Its like space travel 101 my little space cadets there. Why do you think in the whole of the universe all that exist is just this spinning rock and all you fine folk? Its why space travel was scraped some billions of years ago. As it was a waste of energy.

Gazzillions and tragagagzillions of species before you have learned that long ago, and went extinct long before humanity ever conceived of the idea of space, or even capable of perceiving the concept of time.

Everything that has occurred will occur has always been in the now. And once that is gone, it will never come back ever again. Atrophy is merely time well spent.

But saying all that. Not saying space travel or time travel is impossible. As I can sort of see how it can be done. But! Just saying. That there merely is just no point to it what so ever. Forget the light speed conundrum that's got scientists stumped, that's for children.

Reincarnation of matter, is called entropy. But what is the reincarnation of souls called?
There's your time travel and your door in, as well as your door out of this universe and everything. A reassigning of paradigms.

The no point to it whatsoever conundrum, is the real glue that keeps you all grounded to your particular floating rocks in the void of ultimate cluelessness.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Depends

if you’re using a time machine you can’t go back in time before the machine was invented .

I imagine you'd need components with incredible mass, to produce large closed time-like curves in space-time, something like black holes? When do they start and end?

So, at what stage in time would a time machine actually begin to exist?

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Not sure about the particulars .

I was just killing time with that post .
edit on 18-1-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Not sure about the particulars .

I was just killing time with that post .

Is that a confession?

So, you thought you could just get rid of time, eh, and no-one would notice? Is that your time travel method?

LOL

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

No it’s not time travel it’s called a pun.

There were 2 punny threads last night.

I got stuck in a groove .

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

No it’s not time travel it’s called a pun.

There were 2 punny threads last night.

I got stuck in a groove .

I wasn't being serious. That was why the
was at the end. I usually use that because it is hard to express some of the nuances of intention in raw text.

Sorry, wasn't intending more than a joke.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

The same with mine .

Except I thought mine was funny enough that I didn’t need a .?

Lol

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join