It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird ads popping up in connection with web searches?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I think most are aware that there is a system that sees what we search and then when we visit a website we see an ad for exactly what you were interested in.

The other day I was looking to by a pallet of bricks and now ads on the websites i visit keep offering deals on brick.

So when on a site like ATS. We all have custom ads that adhere to each users interests.

This morning I went on drudge report and had a disturbing ad pop up.

Something called aed super store
And the images were of real life baby dolls, molds of a human face with the mouth removed.
Then pictures of what looked liked sex toys?

Why is this ad popping up and how do i.screen shot.from phone?

When I googled aed super store it came up with a company that specialized in defibrillators or something to do with mouth to mouth resuscitation.

Not the images i was seeing in this ad....

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Lol. I guess this aed superstore is a place where you can by child and adult CPR dummies.

Still not an excuse why an ad would show up showing a child CPR dummy and why would sexual organs be needed and shown.

My initial reaction was that is was very disturbing stuff.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

Biology. It's all so disgusting. Totally disturbing.
Medicine even more so, stuffing a hose in each available hole, cutting, sowing, blood and all kinds of fluids and poop...
Seriously disgusting and disturbing.
But somehow it seems important and necessary...

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   
A couple questions...

First: why did you feel the need to share this?

Second: (first you say)

I think most are aware that there is a system that sees what we search and then when we visit a website we see an ad for exactly what you were interested in.

(Then you ask)

???? Apparently you know why lol

(Looked like?)
You don't know if it was sex toys?

Not the images i was seeing in this ad

What was the images? Can you be more specific?

Still not an excuse why an ad would show up showing a child CPR dummy and why would sexual organs be needed and shown.

"Sexual organs"? I thought it was sex toys?

as in your "reaction" has changed now after further review?

edit on 13-1-2020 by DustybudzZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DustybudzZ
A couple questions...

First: why did you feel the need to share this?

It was the just something I saw this morning, had no one to share with so I went to genral chit chat.

Second: (first you say)

(Then you ask)

???? Apparently you know why lol

I know why ads for brick and others things i purchase are popping up. Not why an ad that mixed what looked like sex toys with baby mannequins.

(Looked like?)
You don't know if it was sex toys?

Of course I do which I why it was even stronger stranger...one picture in the add was a blob of skin that was cut in half so you can see the inside.

Then a picture of a real life baby with a weird hole for a mouth.
Then what looked like just the pelvic area of a women but way stranger..not sexy.

Not the images i was seeing in this ad

What was the images? Can you be more specific?

"Sexual organs"? I thought it was sex toys?

as in your "reaction" has changed now after further review?

No my reaction hasn't changed, it was weird stuff...but as the poster above pointed out biology can be gross. Not my cup of tea.

edit on 13-1-2020 by Bloodworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Went to their website. What you were seeing was pictures of an infant CPR mannequin. The human head was a replacement head for an adult CPR dummy, and what you called a cut open blob of skin was very most likely a picture of the replacement plates and skins for other CPR dummies. Those "sex organs" were probably the mono-colored likenesses of lungs and other things that they also carry, or other replacement parts for the CPR dummies.

Just a few moments of looking around their website would have answered any and all questions you have. There is nothing nefarious about the ad you were seeing.

AED Superstore Training Products

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow
a reply to: Bloodworth

Went to their website. What you were seeing was pictures of an infant CPR mannequin. The human head was a replacement head for an adult CPR dummy, and what you called a cut open blob of skin was very most likely a picture of the replacement plates and skins for other CPR dummies. Those "sex organs" were probably the mono-colored likenesses of lungs and other things that they also carry, or other replacement parts for the CPR dummies.

Just a few moments of looking around their website would have answered any and all questions you have. There is nothing nefarious about the ad you were seeing.

AED Superstore Training Products

The ad looked so much stranger.

Wish I had a pic

top topics

join