It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is... Madness

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

The memes pretty old but still makes a good point, I don't have time to make new memes.

As far as I'm concerned 1 base in any of those nations is too many.

Let them defend themselves from Russia.

We completely overpowered the whole world already, we can't afford to babysit everyone. We'd thrash Iran so quickly, without any allies, they pose no threat to us if we pull out they'll fight their neighbors till they destroy themselves.

A ground war in Iran could cost us 10k to 100k casualties if it drug on years like Iraq did. A limited naval/air bombardment could limit casualties to under 1k, but it'll still cost half a trillion $ in logistics just to disable their command control infrastructure via strategic bombardment campaigns.

Can we afford to lose more blood and treasure?

I say nope, not a drop or a coin. Not 1. It's too precious to squander on ambitions of conquest and world order building.

This is madness...
edit on 1/8/2020 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   
My great grand daughter likes to watch ...If you give a mouse a cookie...on TV when she is here.

If you give a Pelosi a gavel ...she thinks she can do anything.

Give her a break, she is a kid with a cool new toy, she is in her second...or maybe third childhood. That is what alzheimer disease does to people, depending on which part of the brain is effected first. I think she believes the Gavel is Thor's hammer.
edit on 8-1-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Add to that Iran has not started a war in 300 years.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Imagine that picture was Iranian bases all over the U.S borders. You would be flipping out.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 11SK1180

Imagine that picture was Iranian bases all over the U.S borders. You would be flipping out.
How would you know? An impossible scenario for an impossible reaction.

I don't think Lumenari or me would be Lumenari or me in a reality where Iran has bases surrounding the US...

Actually, how would they do that to a Country protected by two large oceans, mountainous terrain up north, desert drylands south of the border?
edit on 9-1-2020 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   

So you're saying the Iranians are a bit out of practice.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: RazorV66
Fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves..

Peace

quoted because it makes me smile.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   

we are a strong enough nation that we would never let that happen. derp.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Peace

quoted because it makes me smile.

That's how you step into a thread?

A one-line off topic post?

Here's an other quote you might want to keep...

"Be the change you want to see"

Peace

Ps: happy new year

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

a reply to: CryHavoc

I suppose it is still keeping you guys pretty busy...this whole democrat/republican thing but as a member of the international community I have to say American is increasingly coming across as a three-ring circus with a ringmaster nobody is taking serious.

Peace

Nobody is taking Trump serious? We took out Irans #2 guy, while Iran purposely misses all their launches on us... If what you said is true, I think more countries would be coming at the US, but they aren't... Sure, dip sh*ts like Trudeau & Macron may mock Trump behind his back, but that speaks more of the types of people they are (slimy rats) then who Trump is...... But back on point, countries are taking Trump very serious... Obama was a complete pushover, apologist. Trump is the complete opposite of that....

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Joe biden is on tape saying he ain't getting that money unless the prosecutor is fired.

How much more clear can you get and its completely ignored?
And for the last 4 months they are still debating trump's words

The Democrats are just a mess and they deserve it.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Until the press which is fabricating propaganda on a daily basis is prosecuted for slander and liable nothing will happen. CNN's ratings are in the toilet but does not affect them directly because cable pays them despite their poor ratings. By doing this we have no voice at all as an angry public. The left keeps winning because there is absolutely no consequence for their MARXIST actions. Advertisers are no longer controlled by viewership. Cable has removed our voice.

There is absolutely not enough room in this country for the far left Marxists and Nationalists who love Constitution and country to occupy the same space. I do not know when or how it will come to a head but with Virginia's attack on the second amendment and Colorado's now red flag laws it seem a tipping point is coming.

Speaking of Virginia how the hell did this NUT BAG win the governors race? IT WAS MASS IMMIGRATION OF ILLEGALS. Virginia is mostly a redneck state and to have this happen is perplexing. Voter fraud obviously because all counties are becoming sanctuary 2nd amendment counties. Do not think it is possible these Americans were dumb enough to vote this POS into office.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Trump cures cancer. True story just read the cancer rate dropped last year for the first time in several years.

If he really did that, or solved world hunger in a single day.

The left would be out to lynch him for it..!!

True Story..!!

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Yes Iran clearly poses a danger to the world.

Very clever. Do you have a map showing where Iran is involved in mischief making? It would have Iranian flags in Yemen, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon and the Gaza Strip.

Our involvement in Afghanistan has little, if anything, to do with Iran, although Iran is known to support the Taliban and has given sanctuary to al Qaeda fighters.

You may soon see no U.S. flags in Iraq if its parliament carries out its threat to expel us (I’m praying it will). And Trump would dearly love to get us out of Afghanistan, but it’s kinda complicated, since the Taliban is making a comeback. You wouldn’t want to see the Taliban back in power would you? You do oppose the horrible things it does to women and girls, right? What the Talibani do to women is even worse than what Iran does to its women if you can believe it.

The flags pictured on the Arabian Peninsula’s Persian Gulf side are almost entirely because of Iran threatening the Arab nations there, and most importantly, safe passage through the Strait of Hormuz. The latter is somewhat concerning to all the nations dependent on Persian Gulf oil.

Iran has armed Hezbollah to the teeth, helping equip it with 40,000-150,000 rockets, all intended for use against Israel.

And then you have the ultimate proof of Iran’s evil intentions — its full-fledged support for the Assad regime. How can any nation that supports the Assads be a peace-loving, responsible member of the world community? For goodness sake, Putin is an Assad ally!

Meanwhile, Iran has been steadily developing its long-range ballistic missiles, which is alarming in light of its nuclear weapons program. Iran with nuclear-armed ballistic missiles is a nightmare scenario, one that the forces represented by flags lining the PG may deter.

edit on 9-1-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Nobody takes Trump serious?

You serious or sarcastic?

I wish I were...

Peace
They may laugh at him behind his back, but the president of the USA is always taken very seriously. That’s because he’s always the most powerful and influential person on the planet. I’m surprised you don’t know that. Trump leads the nation with the largest economy and most powerful military in history. Those jokers sure as hell better take him seriously, because we don’t need them nearly as much as they need us. Here’s a rule of thumb you won’t like, but it’s a fact: The USA is always in a dominant position in any relationship with another nation.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Bases aren't a threat...proxy militias full of radicals and undercover sleeper cells and the likes are. You see bases full of US troops aren't running around attacking people for no reason. The milita radicals and terrorist cells do...unless you think the regular joe citizens who end up being the targets or the contractor and military convoys in countries we have leased bases and permission to be in are enough reason to carte blanche blow people up.
Well said. I wish I’d thought of that.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Peace

Ummm...I really love how you can make a statement like that...and infer what your trying to infer...

yet end your schtick with..."Peace"

Why hide behind false pretenses...?

YouSir

And what was I infering, sir?

My statement wasn't as much a statement but more a part of a quote by a smarter man than me, Bertrand Russell.

It goes something like..."The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."

And it was a reply to Razorv66 part of the post that said

"As for the rest of the international community, get in line because it’s now America first"

The rest of the international community does not care all that much that you guys are isolating yourselfs. By all means build that wall a little longer...like all the way around and have fun fighting each other.

Peace

The rest of the world doesn’t care if we’re isolating ourselves? You couldn’t be more mistaken. If we isolate ourselves there’s no more free defense ride from Uncle Sugar, no more U.S. nuclear umbrella to shelter under.

Any nation in the vicinity of China or Russia would have to boost defense spending and possibly acquire nukes. The U.S. Navy wouldn’t be around to guarantee freedom of navigation. Muslim terrorists would run wild. No one would keep North Korea or Iran in check.

Can you imagine how terrified the Japanese, South Koreans and Taiwanese would be if we became truly isolationist? The EU and NATO members? All the weak Third World nations near China and Russia? You might reconsider your statement.
edit on 9-1-2020 by Scapegrace because: Tyoos

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Current US deployment middle east,
Afghanistan: 14,000 U.S. troops are in the country, plus 8,000 NATO soldiers.
Bahrain: More than 7,000 American troops, mostly Navy, maintain Persian Gulf security in Bahrain.
Troops are stationed at Naval Support-Bahrain, Shaykh Isa Air Base and Khalifa Ibn Salman Port.
Iraq: About 5,200 U.S. troops were in Iraq as of January, per the Defense Department. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said American troops are presently deployed in Iraq to help combat ISIS.
The number is likely to change soon as the Iraqi military said U.S. troops are no longer allowed to stay in the country.
Jordan: Approximately 2,795 U.S. troops support operations to defeat ISIS and promote regional stability.
Kuwait: Over 13,000 American troops are stationed in Kuwait, including those at the U.S. Army Central's forward headquarters.
The troops are stationed at Camp Buehring, Ali al-Salem Air Base, Camp Arifjan, Camp Patriot and Shaykh Ahmad al-Jabir Air Base.
Oman: A few hundred U.S. soldiers are in Oman, near the Strait of Hormuz. The country has hosted U.S. operations since 1980 and has assisted the U.S. in combating ISIS.
The troops are stationed at Port of Salalah and Port of Duqm
Qatar: As many as 13,000 American troops are in Qatar, with plans to expand bases. The Gulf nation supports U.S. efforts to combat regional terrorism.
The troops are stationed at Al Udeid Air Base and Camp As Sayliyah.
Saudi Arabia: The Trump administration announced on Nov. 19 that approximately 3,000 U.S. troops will be deployed to Saudi Arabia to protect the region "against hostile action by Iran and its proxy forces," according to a press release.
Syria: The U.S. Central Command is unable to disclose the current number of troops due to safety concerns.
A spokesperson from the DOD said approximately 2,000 U.S. service members were in Syria before Trump pulled the troops, but around 800 might remain to protect oil resources, the Military Times reports.
Turkey: The number of American troops in Turkey isn't clear, but the country's strategic location makes it valuable for transporting arms and people.
The U.S. has air bases in Izmir and Incirlik.
United Arab Emirates: 5,000 U.S. troops are stationed in the UAE, the tiny nation near to the Strait of Hormuz.
The troops are stationed at Al Dhafra Air Base, Port of Jebel Ali and Fujairah Naval Base.
Yes, but: There are other U.S. bases in the region, but the locations aren't disclosed for security purposes.
Go deeper:
White House will send 1,500 troops to Middle East amid Iran tensions
NYT: Pentagon presented plan to deploy 120,000 troops in case of Iran escalation.

www.axios.com...

So that’s about 63,000 U.S. personnel in the region if your sources are correct. That is a lot and I personally would like to see it reduced to zero, but it’s a highly complicated mess in that region, with numerous nations and armed non-state groups involved. Many very bad people who want to do terrible things to innocent people. If we leave, it won’t be pretty.

You might consider the size of Iran’s armed forces and its sinister actions in the region. I won’t repeat all the places where Iranians are stirring up trouble; you know where they are. But here’s a summary of Iran’s military might that you’re implying our 63,000 personnel pose a threat to:
• 523,000 active-duty personnel
• 350,000 reserve personnel
• 60,000 police personnel (a conservative estimate)
• Wikipedia: The Basij is a paramilitary volunteer force controlled by the Islamic Revolutionary Guards. Its membership is a matter of controversy. Iranian sources claim a membership of 12.6 million, including women, of which perhaps 600,000 are combat capable. There are a claimed 2,500 battalions of which some are composed of full-time personnel. GlobalSecurity.org quotes a 2005 study by the Center for Strategic and International Studies estimating 90,000 active-duty full-time uniformed members, 300,000 reservists, and a total of 11 million men that can be mobilised if need be.

I don’t see how 63,000 U.S. personnel scattered around the region are a threat to Iran. Our personnel are where they are at the behest of their host nations, including Iraq for the moment. That’s not to say the USA couldn’t rapidly bring Iran to its knees if necessary, nor that we couldn’t rapidly bring a powerful invasion force to the area, but our forces there currently are not organized or equipped for invading Iran.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

The Arabs are terrified of them. And even though they didn’t start their war with Iraq, they fought it fanatically, inflicting and enduring hundreds of thousands of casualties. The Persians have a long tradition of being the top military power in their region, starting with the mighty Persian Empire that Alexander conquered. The Sassanids were the arch-rivals of the Romans and Byzantines for 600 years until the rise of Islam. I don’t think Iranians have forgotten their glorious history and the power and influence they once wielded, just as the Chinese haven’t forgotten how powerful they were for thousands of years up until their decline in the 15th century.
edit on 9-1-2020 by Scapegrace because: Added more content

edit on 9-1-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
Pelosi does not want to understand. SHE WANTS TO MAKE THE RULES PERIOD.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join