It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukrainian 737 down in Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
It would hardly matter in the long run.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

en.wikipedia.org... not him but wiki for manpads

he missiles are about 1.5 to 1.8 m (5 to 6 ft) in length and weigh about 17 to 18 kg (37 to 40 lb), depending on the model. MANPADS generally have a target detection range of about 10 km (6 mi) and an engagement range of about 6 km (4 mi), so aircraft flying at 6,100 metres (20,000 ft) or higher are relatively safe.[6] The acronym MANPADS is commonly mistaken to have a singular form of "MANPAD"—this is incorrect, as even a singular unit is still a system and would have the final S in the acronym.
id imagine they have something a bit more modern these days then 60s vintage

nationalinterest.org...

www.janes.com...

The Iranian military unveiled on 9 June a new surface-to-air missile (SAM) system named 15 Khordad: the Persian calendar date of an uprising in 1963. The Iranian Ministry of Defence and Armed Forces Logistics (MODAFL) released coverage of an open-air ceremony attended by Defence Minister Amir Hatami who said the 15 Khordad can detect fighters at a range of 150 km and track them at a range of 120 km. The system can engage targets within a maximum range of 75 km and maximum altitude of 27 km. Hatami added that it can detect low-observable targets at a range of 85 km and engage them at ranges up to 45 km. He also noted that the system can engage six targets simultaneously, is mobile, and can be brought into action in less than five minutes. The MODAFL released photographs of the ceremony showing a single truck-mounted radar, as well as two launchers, each loaded with four missile canisters and with two different types of SAM displayed in front.
like those

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You can say that twice.

Edit: the flight number ends in "52". If anyone wants a conspiracy.

edit on 7-1-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: rickymouse

Yes but this aircraft was taking off from Tehran Iran not entering. And did so regularly looking at the flight history.

If it was an outgoing threat... I wander why. Or it may be a coincidence bad accident. Hopefully we find out why people perishedl

Iran may just have wanted to kill non-muslims, sacrificing some Muslims if needed. It could be a statement against anyone not middle eastern. People in that area are very racist, they do not really like white people much.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

Easily. There are several that reach double or more that altitude.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

An engine failure on takeoff is a Bad Thing depending on the weight and configuration of the aircraft.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: FredT

You ole boys so oneminded c , plane hacked. Blown iup by rerouting subroutines in engine , that technologies been real for a bit

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BillyJoeeOzark

Yeah, no. You aren't going to make an engine explode like that, let alone an aircraft. It takes work to make an engine explode. Even if you could get it to suffer an uncontained failure, it would take a miraculous hit to the fuselage to bring it down.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Wish you werntt but you are incorrect. Sorry

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   

And you can prove that right? Or are we expected to put aside everything we know about how engines work because you said so.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Nope. Don’t to much as care what anyone here belives red this site a while and thought Id ad what I know for facts. So get mad at me all you want, c I think you are a smart guy and not going to debate you , oc don’t do that on internet or in life. Adding my half a cent. Please disregards if you want. Don’t care,,, did what I think was right puting some truth here

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Actually rather interesting considering the odds that number would come up.

Any passenger lists available yet?

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I'll take the opinion of the guy in the air force.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   

The problem with your truth is that jet engines don't just explode. In over 20 years I saw all kinds of engine failures, including FOD impacts to the blades. In all that time, not one engine exploded, or even suffered an uncontained failure.

You need something to cause an explosion, and there's really not much in an engine that explodes. Burns, yes, explodes no. Even "rewriting a few subroutines" isn't going to change that.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Smart move

Not debating you folks , or trying to get fans, clearing soul a bit before I die

Night
edit on 8-1-2020 by BillyJoeeOzark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It was sarcasm to deal with a terrible situation. ZAZZAFRAZZ ask about the manifest in the other thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'll be honest, I don't think we'll get answers till the voice recorders and black(blazed red) box is recovered. The timing of this is freaky. I don't know why i made that disgusting remark. I should delete it.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: Bigburgh
Any passenger lists available yet?

Who would publish the list...Ukraine, or the Airline? I think the next-of-kin are notified first.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Usually the airline. It'll be awhile before they do though.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   
What could go wrong to send the plane straight to it's explosive destruction? Planes can land with engine failure. Those sparks flying look like it gets hit at the beginning. Why would this person whip their phone out? Maybe they heard weapons firing? They must have heard something. Seeing something unusual when it's dark out that early in the morning seems unusual.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
Why there were flights in and out of Iran during hostilities boggles the mind.

Because its normal for planes to fly in war zones, life doesn't stop.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join