It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukrainian 737 down in Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: Woody510
a reply to: FredT

video

If this is the plane then I'm guessing no survivors at all

But why is he filming a random plane?

I sit in and around the flight path for SFO sipping on some scotch and film planes all the time. Given where he was he was either doing that or living there and saw the flames. Everybody has a cell phone and it makes for these kind of videos. If it was premeditated he would have a better gear and moved away from the trees

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   
That aircraft definitely came apart before hitting the ground. Arab sources are saying shot down, which would be consistent with the wreckage.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
I wonder if anyone of political power was on that plane...pretty hard to believe it's a coincidence...apparently it was headed to the capital of Ukraine...sounds like very little survivors...so sad.

We will know in a day or two. When I first saw Ukraine, I thought of some other situations where "witnesses" died mysteriously. There are evil people who would kill 180, just to get 1 person.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
That aircraft definitely came apart before hitting the ground. Arab sources are saying shot down, which would be consistent with the wreckage.

Look like it came apart to me as well, seemed like a sudden change in direction too, maybe a wing taken off?

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   
A few important points to ponder while we’re processing the news of the flight PS752 UIA 737 crash.

- Only Iran’s state media has stated the 'accident' has occurred "due to technical problems" — without any investigation... debris is still hot FFS.

- The video being widely shared (showing fireball) remains unverified.

- All 176 onboard perished according to State media.

- Plane was only 3.5 years old.

- Plane was going to Kiev and was only in the air for about 3 minutes. Flight track abruptly stops. (see below)

- Gotta wonder who was on that plane? Any Americans?

The Boeing Company
‏Verified account @Boeing

We are aware of the media reports out of Iran and we are gathering more information.
11:38 PM - 7 Jan 2020

Will Boeing & NTSB reps be travelling to Iran? Going to be a long endless night for some.

First video footage of the Ukrainian airplane while on fire falling near Tehran. Plane went down on fire.?
twitter.com...

Photos: twitter.com...

www.flightradar24.com...

Very weird confusing story given all the excitement over there a few hours earlier.

ETA: Claimed aftermath video - twitter.com...

ETA2: Iran’s Civil Aviation Authority has said “The cause of the Ukraine International Airlines 737 crash is not clear yet.”

edit on 7-1-2020 by EndtheMadnessNow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

If it was a SAM, then it would have caused a rapid disassembly of the aircraft and parts would have gone every direction.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Jordanian state news is saying the same thing now

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Jetliner Crash and Earthquake near Iran Nuclear Power plant.

www.newscenter1.tv...

Iran has a NUCLEAR power plant???

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

www.newscenter1.tv...

as far as im aware theyve had nuclear power for a while now, like decades
edit on 7-1-2020 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   

www.newscenter1.tv...

At least 2 and other various nuclear facilities. Their first one took a long time to get operational.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

My heartfelt prayers for those innocents who may have been trying to escape. Such deep sadness for their families.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   

www.newscenter1.tv...

Surprised that you didn't know!

Bushehr Wiki Link

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

yeah and a few enrichment sites en.wikipedia.org...

The Bushehr Nuclear Power Plant (Persian: نیروگاه اتمی بوشهر‎) is located 17 kilometres (11 mi) south-east of the city of Bushehr, between the fishing villages of Halileh and Bandargeh along the Persian Gulf. Construction started in 1975 by Kraftwerk Union AG, but was halted in July 1979 following the 1979 Iranian Revolution.[8] The reactor was damaged by Iraqi air strikes during the Iran-Iraq war in the mid-1980s.[clarification needed] Construction resumed in 1995, when Iran signed a contract with Russian company Atomstroyexport to install into the existing Bushehr I building a 915 MWe VVER-1000 pressurized water reactor.[9][10] In December 2007 Russia started delivering nuclear fuel to the Bushehr nuclear power plant.[11] The construction was completed in March 2009.[12] On 13 August 2010, Russia announced that fuel would be loaded into the plant beginning on 21 August, which would mark the beginning of the plant being considered a nuclear facility. Within six months after the fuel loading, the plant is planned to be fully operational.[13] Tehran and Moscow have established a joint venture to operate Bushehr because Iran has not yet had enough experience in maintaining such installations. However, Iran may begin almost all operational control of the reactor within two or three years.[14]
think this is the one near the earth quakes but not sure

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Then I might stand corrected in the other forum.. especially after Proximo linked the video.

Edit: I still want to see the in-flight recorders.
edit on 7-1-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

I want to hear what the pilots are saying and ambiance noise.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Honestly hard to tell anything from the video. Hopefully something else surfaces, but it doesn't look to be shot down for me. Either way, condolences to the families of the victims.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Well, Iran did say all commercial aircraft should stay away from their country so they would not get shot down. Maybe they did shoot it down. A big spark seems to fly out of the plane a while before it crashed, it could have been a small missile that hit the engine. If one engine failed, wouldn't the plane still be able to fly? I am not sure that is the right video someone posted, but it could be. Someone could have also planted a bomb on the jet aircraft.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yes but this aircraft was taking off from Tehran Iran not entering. And did so regularly looking at the flight history.

If it was an outgoing threat... I wander why. Or it may be a coincidence bad accident. Hopefully we find out why people perishedl

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   
If a coincidental Boeing mechanical failure, the timing couldn't be more inopportune.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   

What's the range on a MANPAD? Would one reach that kind of height?

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

NO survivors.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join