It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukrainian 737 down in Iran

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: solidshot

there is more than one video.

there is a second one i saw that shows the TOR launcher sending two rockets at the jet

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

This CCTV footage allegedly shows *two* missile launched at #PS752. Prior to the surfacing of this footage there were reports that people in the area heard two explosions/launches.

Working to geolocate now. I'll post some likely spots in a sec.

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

t.co...

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
www.reuters.com... ws-idUSKBN1ZD2D9

not unexpected, but still...sigh.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Same video but someone highlighted the plane and missiles.

digg.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Iran is now claiming a US cyberattack disrupted their radar, leading to the aircraft being shot down.

www.tehrantimes.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

**In my best Gomer Pyle voice**

"Well, sup-RISE...SUP-rise!!"[/I]

edit on 1/16/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Did Windows 10 decide to do an update in the middle of the crisis did it?

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I'm surprised they took this long.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: RexKramerPRT

the whole thing is a tragidy and over all im glad restraint was shown by the world as all out attack on Iran.

Zap: it is funny they used a tor system to shoot down an aircraft so it gives them that plausible deniability but they for sure knew what they were doing.

if we were jamming or messing with their radar why only the one shoot down? it was clearly a serious F up on someones part or god forbid a way to bring the wrath of the US and others down on them for whatever crazy reason.

i cant think of ANY reason why they would shoot just one aircraft out of the sky if we were spoofing their radar systems because more than likely more than just one aircraft would show up in their systems as a missile.

if i were to talk to that Iranian general(or whatever rank he is) how and why would the US be launching missiles from Iran's own airport flying known civilian flight paths and assenting at a normal speed and heading.

id love to see a passenger manifest

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The Russian foreign minister claims there were 6 F-35s in the air near the Iranian border, which spooked the Iranian defense operators and caused them to fire on the 737.

Tas k and Purpose
edit on 1/17/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I can imagine the look of surprise the radar operator got when he caught an F35 on his scope and it showing it as an airliner...Tricky things those F35,s...

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
The Russian foreign minister claims there were 6 F-35s in the air near the Iranian border, which spooked the Iranian defense operators and caused them to fire on the 737.

Tas k and Purpose

"There were at least six (U.S.) F-35 fighters in the air in the Iranian border area (at the time). This information has yet to be verified, but I'd like to underline the edginess that always accompanies such situations," Lavrov said.

Yet to be verified!

So what ... a rumor?

P

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358
Its possible there were F-35's in the area but almost certainly this is standard Russian disinformation designed to deflect blame through a rumor away from its friends in the Iranian Govt. And we know there are enough anti American sentiments in the region as well as the stupid or naive around the world who will buy virtually anything sold to them through the right press or conspiracy sources. Unless we see hard evidence that US F-35's were in the direct vicinity and trying to provoke something like this I'll confidently call BS on this claim.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Yes.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Iran is now claiming a US cyberattack disrupted their radar, leading to the aircraft being shot down.

Um. Any old excuse. "It was the US that did it". People will believe it, especially the already-indoctrinated Iranians and (sadly) a few people on ATS.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

okay lets play devils advocate here

IF the is and the F#% had any part in this why wouldn't they try to warn or help the doomed airliner ?

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Iranian officials are blaming a surface to air missile battery that was relocated, but then not recalibrated. The operator attempted to reach higher but was unable to relay specifics about the possible threat.

www.flightradar24.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Wow..Just Wow...Did he have superiors on site or was he acting on his own?

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The first official report on the CVR and FDR has been released. The aircraft was hit by two missiles, 25 seconds apart. The CVR recorded 19 seconds of the gap before losing power. The crew and at least some of the passengers were still alive after the initial impact, and the crew fought to save the aircraft as long as possible. The instructor pilot that was in the cockpit was providing instructions to the other crew, and the APU was activated indicating an electrical problem of some kind.

www.tasnimnews.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I'm surprised it was Iran that released that. Maybe. A sign of goodwill to forego sanctions?

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join