It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukrainian 737 down in Iran

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

the bodies recovered immediately after the Iranian shoot down/ crash were almost all naked,and smelling of rot. The transponder in the records showed it as f-14 from Iran initially. it was a set up to get the US out of the conflict in the gulf.

Then why did the Reagan Administration express deep regret and fork over $$$$$ down the road.

The F-14 you speak of was misidentified by the Aegis combat system and the airliners tag was replaced with a fighter over 100 miles away. Scientific American actually lists it in the top 5 user interface disasters of all time www.scientificamerican.com...
edit on 1/9/20 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

He's not wrong. I remember hearing that too. The first boats on scene said the smell of decay was almost overpowering, and many of the bodies were naked.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

He's not wrong. I remember hearing that too. The first boats on scene said the smell of decay was almost overpowering, and many of the bodies were naked.

So are you suggesting it was a ploy? I mean if this is true then I go back to why did they issue an apology and pay out alot of money?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I have no idea, but it was definitely something tossed around, that it was a setup.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The NTSB has appointed a representative to assist with the investigation.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

at about 1:10 you can see the missile and the explosion

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   
63 Canadian citizens lost their lives because of this.

Only drunkenness of power can cause such an event.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

originally posted by: Zaphod58

So are you suggesting it was a ploy? I mean if this is true then I go back to why did they issue an apology and pay out alot of money?

Most likely a excuse to pay Iran for something and using the 'shoot down" as cover for it or a exscuse.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetStarched

63 Canadian citizens lost their lives because of this.

Only drunkenness of power can cause such an event.

Welcome to ATS. You didn't give introduction thread, and looking at your posting history...

Explain the drunk with power position..

edit on 10-1-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

But will Iran allow this person into Iran?

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:33 AM
link   
So i guess they must have mistakenly operated their SA-15 in an autonomous free fire mode that night? It's very hard to imagine someone initiating an attack on an aircraft that was in the process of taking off from an airport by accident. They cant be this incompetent, can they?

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: mightmight
So i guess they must have mistakenly operated their SA-15 in an autonomous free fire mode that night? It's very hard to imagine someone initiating an attack on an aircraft that was in the process of taking off from an airport by accident. They cant be this incompetent, can they?

Perhaps the operators thought it was a stealth bomber suddenly appearing on the radar?

RAB

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I were thinking at least death would be quick not the slow fall to ground.

But at 6/7k foot the temp outside would be about -1 same with the pressure equal to outside. So cold and decompressation may only have been minor.

Thousands of little bits of metal bouncing about may /hopefully would have killed all unaware.

But I have a nagging feeling some people sadly rode this one in horrible thought.

RIP to the lost and love to the families

RAB

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
But will Iran allow this person into Iran?

Given that there is growing evidence that the plane was shot down, and Iran are refusing to accept that this is even a possibility, I would expect any foreigner put forward for the crash investigation would be kept out.

Ukraine has sadly got experience of airliners being shot down, but are they yet on site? Are Iran treating the wreckage with forensic care, because on the BBC last night they showed bulldozers clearing the ground. Makes you wonder, eh?

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Have the Beeb showed that now? Had seen photos of them bulldozing the alleged crash site and burying wreckage yesterday but hadn't heard of the source and Iran is notorious for shooting or at the least imprisoning and torturing journalists and citizens for taking images that expose them or contradict State sanctioned media.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
a reply to: paraphi

Have the Beeb showed that now? Had seen photos of them bulldozing the alleged crash site and burying wreckage yesterday but hadn't heard of the source and Iran is notorious for shooting or at the least imprisoning and torturing journalists and citizens for taking images that expose them or contradict State sanctioned media.

This is the cultural norm in Iran. Respect it....Not.

Second.

Bally

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Sure looks like it to me! I didn't listen to the audio, was this the same event?

You can see an object with fire at the back come up from the ground at a high rate of speed and impact, followed by an explosion and fire. Pretty much exactly what you would expect to see with a SAM strike.

Curious though, why isn't this piece of video on numerous news sites? Looks pretty darn convincing!

ETA - So convincing in fact it pretty much changes the story line from "evidence points to a shoot down"...to..."proof of a shoot down".

edit on 1/10/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I thought this was interesting...

“A strike by a missile, possibly a Tor missile system, is among the main (theories), as information has surfaced on the internet about elements of a missile being found near the site of the crash,” Danilov said.

Underline by me.

AP Source

I wonder if that 'source' was ATS??? ATS was all over this as a shoot down event nearly 12 hours before the media.

edit on 1/10/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I dont know but i have foward some picture/video to cbc (national tv channel)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

They invited the NTSB and Boeing to send representatives.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join