It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UNCONFIRMED reports that Iran is being hit by US airstrikes TODAY

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Hmmm...released earlier today.

Esper: U.S. could 'take preemptive action' if Iran prepares fresh attacks "We will take preemptive action as well to protect American forces, to protect American lives," Defense Secretary Mark Esper said.

www.nbcnews.com...

I thought they already did preemptive strikes on Iran...oh no they called them off last minute.
Just another proxy. Nothing to see here

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Iran is more capable than Iraq was, and we walked away with a bloody lip and a big debt.

Says who ?
The media hype as it was with Iraq ?
You know , the 4th largest military in the world , and all.
Iraq was going to destroy the US military ?

I vividly remember the war and death-loving U.S. media touting Saddam Hussein's "Elite National Guard, who are capable of inflicting great damage on U.S. Troops". The accompanying videos showed these guys marching and beating themselves with chains.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Israel use to bomb Iran all the time. It's not a big deal. Only way to deal with them since they only respect uncommon force. Can't work with them, haggle with them. It's either superior force or they run their mouths.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
CBS Nightly news just showed a barrel burning and said "Tensions are Ramping Up!".

You must be very excited!!

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Iran is more capable than Iraq was, and we walked away with a bloody lip and a big debt.

Says who ?
Media folks STFU after the first few hours.
"Wizard's First Rule" - From the book by Terry Goodkind.

I have no doubt we'd decimate Iran.

But would we walk away with a bloody nose, and is that worth it? I don't think so.

I don't think Iran would practically surrender like Iraq did, so yes, they're more capable.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite
Clickbait title. That's Iraq being attacked once again. Trump doesn't have balls nor D to go after Iran

If Iran attacked us Trump wouldn't need balls to go after Iran. All it would take for him is just a little stroke of the pen and Iran would be obliterated.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Says who ?

But would we walk away with a bloody nose, and is that worth it? I don't think so.

I don't think Iran would practically surrender like Iraq did, so yes, they're more capable.

So , no answer...
Just personal opinion .
Fueled by media hype ?

link   
The fear to me is not the conflict but the terror attacks on soft targets. Iran cannot beat us and we do not want regime change. Joint US/Israeli airstrikes in Iraq, a few dead terrorists and more sanctions.

link   

originally posted by: vonclod

CBS Nightly news just showed a barrel burning and said "Tensions are Ramping Up!".

You must be very excited!!

No. Makes me angry at our war-loving/death-loving Mainstream Media.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Airport struck by kytusha rockets,and PMU leader Assasinated today
seems like two separate attacks.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Clickbait title. That's Iraq being attacked once again. Trump doesn't have balls nor D to go after Iran

Why wouldn’t he have the balls ?

Are you saying he’s scared of paper Mâché aircraft carriers and UFOs ?

Even if we just did airstrikes, they could still hit our guys in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Syria.

Thinking we can topple a country in the ME with ease is foolish at this point IMO.

If Iran attacked us, how hard it would be to to knock them over when attacking them back is irrelevant.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Says who ?

I suspect the Russians would not just sit back and watch that play out, they surely would have a hand in it.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

If Iran attacked us Trump wouldn't need balls to go after Iran. All it would take for him is just a little stroke of the pen and Iran would be obliterated.

Everyone who talks about going after Iran is describing the equivalent of burning a forest, just to get guys hiding in a treehouse. Our technology is capable of obliterating the treehouse where the terrorists are hiding.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

If the US is bombing Iranian-backed terrorists in Iraq, then . . . YAY!

Blow them up!

Kill them!

Unfriend them on Facebook!

. . . . . . okay, went to far on the last one.

Apologies.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Says who ?

I suspect the Russians would not just sit back and watch that play out, they surely would have a hand in it.

Russia is too sane to fight us, unlike Islamic fundamentalists who believe in jihad.

Russia didn't do anything when Turkey took down one of their pilots who flew a whole five miles through the tip of their air space... In fact they got closer after.

They didn't do anything when we iced over a hundred of their mercs either.
Russia is all bark and no bite.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Thats the rub no? Dropping a few bombs is one thing, invading is a whole nother quagmire

1) We barely and I do mean barely survived Iraq. We could only guarantee a marginal few blocks of Baghdad. Now can you imagine the same in Tehran with 4 times the population.

2) Yes in a straight up war Iran has ZERO chance plus we will have to keep our terrorist "Allies" aka The House of Saud in check as they will want to go in as well.

3) But its not about battlefield victory as we saw in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Its about the rebuild. Short of the Dems and GOP providing a Marshall Plan for the ME we will do nothing more than seed the rise of a terror group that will makes ISIS look like babes int he woods. Muslim Brotherhood begat the Mujahadeen who begat the Taliban, who begat Al Quada, who begat ISIS..................... ITs endless.

4) Unlike Iraq, who had a minority in power and welcomed our forces initially we will have no such luxury in Iran and ask the ghost of Saddam who thought they would be pushovers.

Sure drop a few bombs if you must but it will have ZERO impact for us in terms of safety, and will in fact drive the population back into the hands of the Ayatollahs. The population has grown tired of the religious extremists running the country but attacking even an abbreviated bombing will further entrench them

Bombs away is not going to work. Nor will an invasion based on past experience.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I didn't mean head to head, I meant a hand to play but more a like a vultures role in feeding cycle, I bet China would have some influence too, it's just too good an opportunity to not be involved.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Everyone who talks about going after Iran is describing the equivalent of burning a forest, just to get guys hiding in a treehouse. Our technology is capable of obliterating the treehouse where the terrorists are hiding.

When I say obliterate Iran I mean obliterate their means of attacking us and their leadership if they dont surrender. Clear enough?

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Says who ?

So , no answer...
Just personal opinion .
Fueled by media hype ?

Media hype? I don't watch the msm or cable TV for that matter.

My source for Iran is Foreign Policy, they have minimal biased and are quite reputable. I'm picky on my sources.

You and I are both going off of opinion though. And either way if would turn out, I told you so's would cost either money or lives. Zero sum game.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
So the us is bombing an airport where us an coalition troops are?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join