It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UNCONFIRMED reports that Iran is being hit by US airstrikes TODAY

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   
muqtada al-sadre mobized his army
edit on 3-1-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Alright, I am going to put some things into perspective. I saw images of the body, as far as I can tell he is dead. I will spare you all the image as it is gruesome and is actual gore, however there are identifiable features, specifically a ring that he always wears still on his finger and visible in one of the images.

On the 1st, one of the Ayatollahs tweeted that the US "Can't do anything" about Iran.

It should be noted that this attack was precise, and only hit officials. The one of particular interest is Qasem Soleimani. He was 2nd in command overall and in charge of the Quds. The Quds are much like the American CIA, in that they train militant groups. Qasem Soleimani, was in Iraq, in Bagdad of all places, right after an attack on the US embassy. Iran specifically claimed they played a role in this.

So, they sent the leader of the Quds into an area where they claimed they had recently aided in an attack on a US Embassy. Rather than striking the people attacking the embassy itself, Qasem Soleimani was hit. This happened after 2 previous warnings, then a specific threat also seen in the previous image.

This sends a clear message to Iran that their leaders are the ones who are targeted. Not their soldiers, not the civilians, but their leaders; and with a high precision strike.

The purpose of this strike is crystal clear to Iran. It was not a strike on the Iranian people, it was a strike at their leadership. Iran has had plenty of unrest already, and had just violently put down such an incident last week. Knowing that the #2 guy of their opposition was just taken out is going to make that unrest even stronger, while making the leaders in Iran fear for their own lives as they now know that they are the target.

Then, the US only sent a Brigade to Iraq. If an invasion or ground war in Iran was planned, there would be a much larger buildup of forces, in the 10 to 20x range as an absolute bare minimum.

From all of this we can ascertain that no ground war in Iran is planned as of right now. Iran's leadership has also been put on notice that the US will not take things like this sitting down, and any escalation on their part will result in precision strikes at their leadership which is already suffering due to unrest.

Now for speculation. If Iran decides to push forward, and retaliate, it will not be against US positions or soldiers. But rather against allies in an attempt to provoke intervention on the ground. If Iran does retaliate against US positions or soldiers, the retaliation will be missiles at Iranian leaders, leading to even more unrest among their population due to things like chaos and a general moral boost. However, Trump specifically will be called out within the next week or two for being a "coward" or "weak" by the MSM for not engaging in a ground war in Iran. The MSM will follow the exact same methods they used in relation to Syria. They were overjoyed for about 24 hours due to the strike, then when no significant land forces were sent to Syria the personal attacks began in relation to Syria. The MSM want Trump to commit to a ground war, because they know Trump will lose a lot of support for that (and on a personal note that has been the line in the sand for me).

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Asa'ib Ahl al-Haq mobilizes

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Yeah...they can keep the mobilization up.

Doing such just consolidates more terrorists in one place, making it easier to target them enmass and hit with more swarms of death from above rained down by MQ9s.

Terrorists would not fight us like men while we were all up in Iraq, they won't be doing anything now.

Mobilizations are a natural reaction.

All they are doing is showing us how many targets are available, and where.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 03:38 AM
link   

edit on 3-1-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: dubiousatworst

The USA's plan has been to surgically remove Iran's leadership. It began today, and will hopefully escalate until the key madmen are all dead.

(post by FrvstMaSke removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dubiousatworst

This might not play out like the Iraq war did. The MSM doesn't have to coerce Trump into going to war. The Iranian may leave him no choice but to do it. Should Iran retaliate against Saudis Arabia or Israel Trump may have no choice but to go to war. I could see 101 ways this could go wrong if Iran retaliates. We still have Russia parked in Syria. In previous wars the Untied States told Israel to stand down should they be attacked. Because not doing so would set the middle east on fire. During the first gulf war Saddam was launching skudd missiles at Israel trying to draw them in because he knew it might unite the Muslims. Should Israel retaliate for any attack it could open a whole can of worms.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU
Its now official -

QUASSAM SULEIMANI - DEAD

ABU MEHDI MUHANDIS - DEAD.

All hell is about to break loose.

This very well could be our last 24 - 48 hrs with internet axcess.

Oh s#!t.

I betting not.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Where we didn’t engage them on or near their turf . Just a few airstrikes to help liberate a oppressed population.

If it was just a few airstrikes, and didn't escelate further I wouldn't protest much.

That only wants to embrace a more western lifestyle while maintaining their religious ideology in a less brutal manor .

If that's the case they need to rise up and demand change. We can't change the world.... We've tried many many times with a bad success rate.

Is it your wish to leave them high and dry and don’t help in anyway ever. Just because “ the red white and blue country is mean” . ( I think that’s a pun ) 🤔 lol

I don't think my country is bad.... I just thing out foreign policy has been bad. We're allowed to be wrong as long as we learn from it.

What's the chance a few airstrikes can liberate a country? I'd say near zero. I think history shows its more likely it creates more enemies.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: FrvstMaSke

Gore is acceptable on ATS now?
If I want to see it I know where to look on the net.
I don't appreciate it surprising me on my morning coffee/ATS routine.

Murika is just Israel's puppet, nothing more. what a joke of a country. trump is the second Hitler in my opinion. hope he dies on cancer soon!

Your off to a great start FrvstMaSke, a KARMA of 4 takes real effort.

edit on 1 3 2020 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: FrvstMaSke
an allegedphoto of the dead Soleimani, released by the CIA today^^

What no secret burial at sea before confirmation or pictures could be taken?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

If that's the case they need to rise up and demand change.

They are I think I mentioned that they’re using live ammo on them .

I don't think my country is bad....

Do you think Iran doesn’t threaten anybody though . You might wanna tell that to the wife of the contractor who got murdered last week . Then there’s the hundreds of military casualties from the EFP’s Iran so graciously supplied to the Iraq insurgency . Let’s not forget the 241 soldiers Beirut .

They’re not a serious threat to us now. But their government is a bunch of murdering assholes to .

( yes I know we’ve killed a lot more that’s not my point )

I just thing out foreign policy has been bad.

“Has been” yup up to this point .

Are you under the impression that things will never change ?

We're allowed to be wrong as long as we learn from it.

If you slap a drunk in the face long enough. Sooner or later he wake’s up .

edit on 3-1-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh
Right now there is only one plane at the airport and it's an Iraqi airways plane. Nothing is coming or going but the plane keeps switching directions and spinning around on the flightradar app. I have never seen a plane do that.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I understand how people would support us hitting Iran... I really do. Never is my point to convey I think they're a good government, that I'd want to live there, or even visit for that matter.

I just don't see how escalating and losing more in the long run brings closure from a proxy attack on us.

We've lost more soldiers than we did in 9/11. Fundamental Muslims don't care if we kill them, they believe they're going to paradise if we do.

We know better, and yet we still play their stupid games in their God forsaken sandbox.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
drone strikes from the USA perfect way to start off your new year !

you just have to wonder what the # is going on with the world eh

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I just don't see how escalating and losing more in the long run brings closure from a proxy attack on us.

That’s basically what I said .

We've lost more soldiers than we did in 9/11. Fundamental Muslims don't care if we kill them, they believe they're going to paradise if we do.

That’s why I said let the Iranian people do it .

We know better, and yet we still play their stupid games in their God forsaken sandbox.

Exactly how far into the future are you making that prediction ?

We’ve been through this endless conversation virtually word for word before .

It goes nowhere .

So I give up . 🏳️

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5ofineed5aladder
a reply to: Bigburgh
Right now there is only one plane at the airport and it's an Iraqi airways plane. Nothing is coming or going but the plane keeps switching directions and spinning around on the flightradar app. I have never seen a plane do that.

Keep watching

Egypt, Turkish, flights from Mecca... not a high traffic airport. But flights are still happening.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: whywhynot

I don't think Putin will mess around he's on record as stating they will go nuclear fast, as they know they haven't the military to do a war with the US. Saying that Silver and Gold think its a serious escalation as the price has moved up fast. If it takes an ugly turn the market might drop when it opens.
Totally disagree. Going nuclear is a no win for anyone. It doesn’t matter about silver and gold. Instead you should have food, water and shelter. Russia isn’t going nuclear risking their lifestyles for Iran. Laughable

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

We shall wait and see, Syria isn't finished with, and all they have to do is hit some Russians by accident. If you go outside the Banking system you are on the list. Most of the end game is surrounding Russia with missiles, this and attacking Russia's allies.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join