It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Ambassador evacuated as Baghdad Embassy stormed by Pro-Iranian Militia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Attack on US soil anywhere in the world is an act of war against the US.

That's a popular misconception, the grounds on which any embassy sit atop are still part of the nation they happen to be on loan from. They are not 'sovereign territory'.

The host nation's duty is as follows: 'The receiving State is under a special duty to take all appropriate steps to protect the premises of the mission against any intrusion or damage and to prevent any disturbance of the peace of the mission or impairment of its dignity.'

Source.

The Iraqis should make their best effort to defend the mission, as is their obligation, but people are free to protest outside it as they are doing now.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Now would be a good time to bring our troops home? At least the ones from that embassy? Maybe they are just hanging around long enough to plant enough explosives to bring the building down on any intruders.
Cant complain about that one. We are just destroying our property, and well, whoever was in it were trespassing.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
The Iraqis should make their best effort to defend the mission, as is their obligation, but people are free to protest outside it as they are doing now.

As they are doing now, sure. But earlier reports of 'trying to storm the compound' could have led to different responses.

Iran has a history of using proxies to achieve their goals. The difference this time is we have a Chief Executive who will publicly cut through the layers of distraction.

I have no doubt their are Iraqis in that group that are sincerely upset by what happened, I pray they don't get hurt.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
But earlier reports of 'trying to storm the compound' could have led to different responses.

The earlier reports were obviously wrong, maybe even intentionally so since people like to get worked up about things that don't happen.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
But earlier reports of 'trying to storm the compound' could have led to different responses.

The earlier reports were obviously wrong, maybe even intentionally so since people like to get worked up about things that don't happen.

'Obviously' may be the wrong word. Perhaps a better word would be 'overstated'. From what I have read this morning, maybe a dozen participants actually entered the embassy grounds and were met with bullets and tear gas. It's possible those dozen idiots expected more people to follow them in.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

'Obviously' 'overstated'.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Agreed!

Starting a war is too convenient at this time if you ask me.

Are we sure they are Iranian militia OR CIA/Globalist puppets?

I have been waiting for something to gear up, especially after the globalists are taking a thumping on getting rid of Trump AND losing the EU!

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Attack on US soil anywhere in the world is an act of war against the US.

That's a popular misconception, the grounds on which any embassy sit atop are still part of the nation they happen to be on loan from. They are not 'sovereign territory'.

That doesn't make a difference for me or them. They are targeting The United States of America. The message is clear and it must be answered in terms that they can understand.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I completely get that you're mad that they're mad that we bombed their country. Again.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tim2win
a reply to: UKTruth
These people are angry because of airstrikes slaughtering their fellow citizens indiscriminatley and you feel the solution is an airstrike?

I agree.

We should simply leave, and never return. Same for Syria. We can monitor things and handle any threats by drones with no risk to our troops.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Seems the general consensus is if they are bombed one more time should fix everything.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tim2win
Seems the general consensus is if they are bombed one more time should fix everything.

If at first you don't succeed drop a few more JDAM's.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Why haven't the soldiers opened fire? Airstrikes? Gasoline?

This is US soil! Get those backward outies out of there. Time to wipe Iran off the Earth
edit on 12/31/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
This is US soil!

No, it isn't.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Wonder if this will be Trumps Benghazi?

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Back to topic. Getting a bunch of young men to storm an embassy is what Iran has done in the past, and will doubtlessly do in the future. It's how they repressive Iranian authorities maintain propaganda and control.

I am surprised by how intelligent people are taken in by these antics by Iran. These are not spontaneous uprisings - they are orchestrated and planned, including providing the petrol and the matches to burn the box of flags.

Personally, I believe this is an obvious, last ditch ploy by the deep state to drag us into a war with Iran - exactly what Bolton and the other war-mongers have been pushing for forever.

Trump should appoint Colonel Douglas MacGregor (retired) as his new NSA, fire any and every single deep state war-monger remaining on the NSC and in leadership at the Pentagon, and follow through on his promise to get us the frack out of the ME morass.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
It's funny, if it was the Vatican financing a far alt-religious group in the US (think Dominionism here, not specific political flavors) and mucking up stateside politics and policies, I think we'd be bum-rushing & Molotov Cockatiling their crap, too. Does "Get out, you dirty foreigner" only apply when it's the US mainland or something? Other countries don't count?

We're the dirty foreigners all over the globe. When the locals tell us to GTFO, maybe we should do as we're fricking told for once. Let 'em sink or swim on their own accord in the dust. As far as Iraq goes, count the years. We've had plenty of time to make it a Freedom Eden, and it hasn't worked. We trashed a delicate balance between tribes and sects that a dictator actually managed to do right. What the F gave us that right? We ended up killing FAR more citizens than Saddam did, and in less time, go us! That's SO non-violent & noble /sarc
edit on 12/31/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

It's funny, some of the same winners in this thread looking to drop more bombs are the ones saying it's good we're out of Syria, leaving the Kurds high and dry, and not dropping more bombs.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

It's funny, some of the same winners in this thread looking to drop more bombs are the ones saying it's good we're out of Syria, leaving the Kurds high and dry, and not dropping more bombs.

Yeah, that is not lost on me, the Kurds have been our victory bread & butter over there.

Granted, I'm of the opinion that we went in way too late in the proverbial game after years of hem-hawing and should have stayed out, but again, that irony is not lost on me.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Since they have our attention on this embassy I’m wondering where we should really be looking and paying attention to.
It’s too early to blame Iran for anything but that doesn’t stop the media does it?

War with Iran is right around the corner and I’m worried there will be some 9/11 style attacks to get that going. I’m always on edge on New Years when all the celebrations are going on.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join