It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Ambassador evacuated as Baghdad Embassy stormed by Pro-Iranian Militia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Anathros

So to save the embassy we need to bomb it? I think you may want to refresh yourself on what airstrikes actually are.

If you only knew the size of our embassy and the precision of our airstrikes you would realize there's no refreshing needed.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Although the number of civillian deaths at the hands of U.S. forces is considerably lower this year compared to previous years its still in the thousands. More airstrikes wont solve a thing. Could you take it on the chin and encourage your friends/family to peacefully protest if you were in thier position?

Violence begets violence and should never be advocated for

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tim2win

Although the number of civillian deaths at the hands of U.S. forces is considerably lower this year compared to previous years its still in the thousands. More airstrikes wont solve a thing. Could you take it on the chin and encourage your friends/family to peacefully protest if you were in thier position?

Violence begets violence and should never be advocated for

I mentioned nothing of airstrikes.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I think this might be the crux of the issue right there. There are good and bad people everywhere. Nationality dosnt determine ones worth. Perhaps nationalistic exceptionalism is what has us in this pickle.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   

balls, wrong guy, apologies.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Actions have consequences , perhaps one day the US will understand this simple truth.

It's worth noting that the people the US targeted are the people who helped clear IS from Iraq and Syria but Trump has shown no respect for those who help America as the Kurds discovered.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Being an embassy, this is an attack on American soil and should be seen and reacted to as such.

Attack on US soil anywhere in the world is an act of war against the US.
Or any country for that matter

So what do you suggest then in retaliation?

Lags

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Actions have consequences

That's what those Iranian militias are about to learn.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Are these people just mad at us again?

edit on 31-12-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Back to topic. Getting a bunch of young men to storm an embassy is what Iran has done in the past, and will doubtlessly do in the future. It's how they repressive Iranian authorities maintain propaganda and control.

I am surprised by how intelligent people are taken in by these antics by Iran. These are not spontaneous uprisings - they are orchestrated and planned, including providing the petrol and the matches to burn the box of flags.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   
originally posted by: carsforkids

Edit* Yes, while I value all life I value the lives of Americans above others. I make no apologies or excuses for my stance on the matter, either

If it were my american ass in that embassy I'd rather have
your concerns about it than Hillary's.
edit on 31-12-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·

Iran killed an American contractor, wounding many. We strongly responded, and always will. Now Iran is orchestrating an attack on the U.S. Embassy in Iraq. They will be held fully responsible. In addition, we expect Iraq to use its forces to protect the Embassy, and so notified!

Tweeted 30m ago.
edit on Tue Dec 31st 2019 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Being an embassy, this is an attack on American soil and should be seen and reacted to as such.

Lags

Bring the US military
Like I have already said , folks can protest all they like , as long as they do not attack a country's embassy
According to Obama , before he left office , the only military personnel left there were basically accountants.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·

Iran killed an American contractor, wounding many. We strongly responded, and always will. Now Iran is orchestrating an attack on the U.S. Embassy in Iraq. They will be held fully responsible. In addition, we expect Iraq to use its forces to protect the Embassy, and so notified!

Tweeted 30m ago.

I would like to see SOLID proof that this is indeed Iran.

And not Colin Powell style either!

All the international community have for the moments are tweets.

Lags

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Lags

Bring the US military
Like I have already said , folks can protest all they like , as long as they do not attack a country's embassy
According to Obama , before he left office , the only military personnel left there were basically accountants.

Boots on the ground again or air strikes?

Lags

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Oh good, another pointless war in the Middle East.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

It's to in style to blame all the world's ills on America.

Somebody fart in the presence of a leader... Cia, earthquake cia, drought cia, flooding cia.

If we were that good at manipulating everything you would think we would rule the world by now.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Actions have consequences , perhaps one day the US will understand this simple truth.

Actions have consequences , perhaps one day the Kata'ib Hizbollah will understand this simple truth.

Don't attack US personnel and you won't get bombed the crap out of you.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   

LIVE feed from the outside the compound. Been watching for a while, and so far I haven't seen a single weapon. This appears to be a political protest only, for the moment...

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Btw, I counted at least 8 up on the roof when the camera zoomed in up there. And at least 6 were US military. They are located just to the right of the high tower, sort of on a balcony. None of them were even holding guns, and didn't seem too concerned.

Also, there are several THOUSAND more people coming in to the compound over to the left of the shot. They got ambulances and trucks. Not sure what is shaping up here, but so far, not much of nuttin other than a few stun grenades been launched over the wall at the crowd to disperse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join