It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity Today Editorial: Remove Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wildmanimal
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

I guess someone over there pulled
a Jimmy Swaggart or two
and has something to hide.

people.com...

Second line.
S&F

You've done it again...hit the nail right on the head! Religious texts talk about FAKE Christians mixing in with the REAL ones, for personal cover.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   
CHRISTIANITY TODAY ARTICLE DISAVOWED BY FOUNDER'S SON
Franklin Graham sates his father the late Billy Graham was a Trump supporter, believer in Trumps mission, & cast his vote for DJT.
It's all over the twatter.

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeartThe Church dosnt want the government meddling in their business so why is th church meddling in politics?

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Not sure how this has any merit nor is it surprising. It is simply one person sharing their opinion and not the church/religion/ group. The editor's opinion has no more weight than anyone else's personal opinion on politics or our President.

Just as I am sharing my own opinion in this post. Others may agree or disagree, but by no means does it mean that my opinion is greater or lesser than another's.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: chr0naut

As a born-again Pentecostal Christian, I have been concerned about Trump's outspoken crudity and the vilifying nature of many of his platforms not to mention his looseness with the truth.

In a position of authority I expect a higher standard than what Trump has shown.

I hope that his replacement will be a person of moral integrity with a concern for his constituency (the citizens of the US).

To be clear, I am not an American citizen and so I do not have a right to vote there. You may discount my opinion on that basis if you wish and it would be entirely fair of you to do so. I am just expressing my personal opinion.

As a Christian with an anabaptist leaning I think you are nearly insane

Who, you?
Who, Hilary?
Can you name a contender who is honest, sincere, genuine enough for the role.

Can't you see that there is something wrong there, that there isn't a single contender with the credentials for the role?

It is the primary position of responsibility in the country. Someone who can start wars and can wreck or save lives at the stroke of a pen. Don't you want those sorts of people to be caring, stable, honest and hard working? I'm not suggesting that the person should be religious, that isn't a requirement for the role.

I don’t believe Christianity and politics mixes, don’t believe Trump is a Christian and shouldn’t have to be

Altruism is not a reality, not a fan of Trump but I think he is the best person for the job based on his track record
And he isn’t Hilary

I have seen more despicable acts carried out by people calling themselves Christians than the so called immoral atheists

My personal opinion as well

I also wasn't suggesting that Hillary was a viable replacement for Trump. It's like people from the US can only conceive that they must choose from a small pool of the worst of humanity.

If the scum consistently keeps rising to the top due to the selection process, then change the selection process so that the ones who do rise to the top ft the best criteria. It isn't hard. If you cannot see a candidate in the current list who has the moral credentials for the role, then something is desperately broken.

One definition of insanity is, 'doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results' - and you wrote that I was nearly insane.

My guess is that, instead of seeking to elect the loudest, most obnoxious and controversial public figures, you guys probably want to elect the quiet heroes or those with the technical skills but that don't seek fame, or fortune.

1 Timothy 1: 1-7 is about selecting Christian overseers but I have adapted it here to be more secular:

Whoever aspires to political office desires a noble task. Now the political leader is to be above reproach, faithful to their partner, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. They must manage their own family well and see that their children obey them, and they must do so in a manner worthy of full respect. (If anyone does not know how to manage their own family, how can they take care of the constituency?) They must not be a recent joiner, or they may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the radical. They must also have a good reputation with outsiders to the party, so that they will not fall into disgrace and into the opposition's traps.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
Honestly, the Evangelical/Christian support Trump boasts astounds me. Trump's convenient Christianity is so blatantly apparent

Paul/Saul was an inherently evil man, a tax collector and Roman, who was stricken blind by the Lord, then had his sight restored by the Lord after which he essentially built the Christian Church. Without Paul, Christianity would never have grown as it did. God has and does work through men who one wouldn't immediately think of as "Christians" on the surface.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
It is the primary position of responsibility in the country. Someone who can start wars and can wreck or save lives at the stroke of a pen.

I hate to bust your bubble, but we've just experienced the most globally peaceful first term of a president since Jimmy Carter. Trump is literally the first president in most American's lifetimes who didn't either start a new war or escalate an existing conflict during his first 3 years in office. Combine that with the economy and I'm failing to see why anyone who is primarily concerned with a POTUS' ability to "start wars" or "destroy lives" would have any concerns with the Trump presidency.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart
Searched, but didn't see a post on this. Evangelical magazine Christianity Today ran an editorial today calling for Trump to be removed.

As a former Evangelical, I'm shocked. There's no daylight between Republicans and Evangelicals.

Two questions:
1. What do you think made them ballsy enough to speak up?
He is an opportunist, this is an opportunity for any evangelical to make news. Also worth noting, has a different view of Christianity and the role of the magazine than it's founder.
2. Is this a hint of an Evangelical mutiny against Trump?
NO

Not sure what to make of this:

Back in 1977, Mark canceled his subscription to CT as he joined others in protesting the magazine's decision to move from the high-rent cultural hub of Washington, D.C., to the decidedly less expensive backwaters of Carol Stream, Illinois.

www.christianitytoday.com...

I think he is just taking the moment to "make news" to gin up some coverage in hopes to gaining more influence and subscribers.
That's what it looks like to me.
edit on 20-12-2019 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Or it's just more bull# from the left:

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
So-called Christians who support this evildoer Trump have sold their souls.

They don’t support Christ, AND THE PRINCIPLES OF PEACE, JUSTICE, AND LOVE they support power.

Getting rid of Trump will bring the VP not a liberal democrat

SO THEY HAVE NO EXCUSE.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Uh-oh, democrats aren't gonna know whose side to take with this one.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ErEhWoN

Who says he's unworthy? Is there something to prove this?

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Trump, who just cut food stamps for the poor

Mocked a grieving widow in Michigan

Cuts taxes for the rich

So, you all so-called Christians who support Trump are not living by your principles

I give credit to this magazine. They are trying to live up to a high standard of morality and their highest principles of their faith.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Just because Trump fights hard and hits back at his detractors (verbally) you shouldn't conflate that as somehow not supporting peace, justice and love.
He is the only president who has not started a war in our lifetime.
He is fighting for justice everyday.
He espouses love all the time.

Trump Loves this country and chooses to be a servant of the people, not accepting his presidential salary, getting more results than his contemporaries.
Ask Pelosi or Schumer to forgo their salaries, see what kind of reflexitory face they make.

originally posted by: Willtell
So-called Christians who support this evildoer Trump have sold their souls.

They don’t support Christ, AND THE PRINCIPLES OF PEACE, JUSTICE, AND LOVE they support power.

Getting rid of Trump will bring the VP not a liberal democrat

SO THEY HAVE NO EXCUSE.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
Honestly, the Evangelical/Christian support Trump boasts astounds me. Trump's convenient Christianity is so blatantly apparent

That's because most people don't understand what motivated us to vote. In this case, it was the clear hostility toward people of faith expressed by the Democrat party in favor of their favored constituency groups.

Donald Trump is no man of deep faith or even a wonderfully moral one, but I do believe he doesn't care how I live my life or my own faith and is generally supportive of my freedom to live that way unlike Democrats.

When put that way, the choice was clear.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Yeah, Trump doesn't believe in theft either.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Man this just totally made Biden the president hahaha

owned

so pwned

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Good one. I support him and I haven't sold my soul.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

If we go by the standards they hold Evangelicals to at voting time, there ain't a candidate on the entire Democrat slate who's morally "pure" enough for a vote.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join