It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity Today Editorial: Remove Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Searched, but didn't see a post on this. Evangelical magazine Christianity Today ran an editorial today calling for Trump to be removed.

As a former Evangelical, I'm shocked. There's no daylight between Republicans and Evangelicals.

Two questions:
1. What do you think made them ballsy enough to speak up?
2. Is this a hint of an Evangelical mutiny against Trump?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

news.yahoo.com...

Washington (AFP) - Christianity Today, a leading US evangelical Christian publication, said Thursday that President Donald Trump is "morally lost and confused" and should be removed from office.

In an editorial, the magazine said it generally steers clear of politics but "we do feel it necessary from time to time to make our own opinions on political matters clear."

"The facts in this instance are unambiguous," it said.

"The president of the United States attempted to use his political power to coerce a foreign leader to harass and discredit one of the president's political opponents," Christianity Today said.

[...]

Was just about to post this. Glad to see the tide turn against this corrupt administration. Maybe a miracle will happen and he will be removed, as he is unworthy of being in a leadership position.
edit on Thu Dec 19 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed quote and added SOURCE IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
That's all fine and good however, are they suggesting that the Christians go and vote for Warren instead?

In other words, we are totally f'd either way

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ErEhWoN

Agreed. I also really feel encouraged when people think independently in terms of politics. A pro-life Bernie Sanders supporter. An Evangelical for removal.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Removing Trump doesn't lead to Warren, it leads to Pence.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

You don't think money is behind this one also? I would
think being an evangelical that would be your first guess.
Not exactly shocking but disturbing maybe.

edit on 19-12-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   

They're not going to remove Trump though.
Do you think the evangelical lobbyist pay more than big pharma or big oil?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   

As a born-again Pentecostal Christian, I have been concerned about Trump's outspoken crudity and the vilifying nature of many of his platforms not to mention his looseness with the truth.

In a position of authority I expect a higher standard than what Trump has shown.

I hope that his replacement will be a person of moral integrity with a concern for his constituency (the citizens of the US).

To be clear, I am not an American citizen and so I do not have a right to vote there. You may discount my opinion on that basis if you wish and it would be entirely fair of you to do so. I am just expressing my personal opinion.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ErEhWoN

Someone should tell the people he coerced since they have no idea it happened.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Remove evangelicals. Boom. What now? Both statements hold the same weight...

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Mark Galli has been a known Never-Trumper so this isn't really that shocking. In fact, in the book: Trump Aftershock: The President's Seismic Impact on Culture and Faith in America; Galli called Trump an embarrassment to the country. Just want to keep things in perspective...the Evangelical base is still overwhelmingly supporting President Trump.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Honestly, the Evangelical/Christian support Trump boasts astounds me. Trump's convenient Christianity is so blatantly apparent

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Maybe they actually read their Bibles and realized he's the Antichrist.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

No doubt....
Mark Galli is a liberal SJW in sheep's clothing, straight from poop patrol California.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErEhWoN

Was just about to post this. Glad to see the tide turn against this corrupt administration. Maybe a miracle will happen and he will be removed, as he is unworthy of being in a leadership position.
edit on Thu Dec 19 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed quote and added SOURCE IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

Ironic, since NONE of your DEMOCRAT witnesses admitted that President Trump used bribery, coercion, or ANY other crimes...
What you left-wingers want to claim is a crime is the right of the POTUS to do...

Even BOTH Ukrainian Presidents, the former and present, admitted that there was no bribery, no coercion, no pressure by President Trump... But of course radical left-wingers have to side with the people that OBAMA/BIDEN put in charge of Ukraine... Sorry to rain in your parade but a new POTUS has every right to change policy about other countries...

Marie Yovanovitch Admits There Was No Crime, No Bribery From Trump On Ukraine

Even Sondland had to admit there was no crime, and he only ASSUMED/PRESUMED that there was "quid pro quo." In other words, it is ONLY his opinion there was "quid pro quo" even when the evidence shows the contrary...

This is the REAL "quid pro quo"...

But of course radical left-wingers don't want the real crimes prosecuted...

edit on 19-12-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct link.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I guess someone over there pulled
a Jimmy Swaggart or two
and has something to hide.

people.com...

Second line.
S&F

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Removing Trump doesn't lead to Warren, it leads to Pence.

That leads to an interesting question. If Trump was removed(not going to happen imo), and Pence steps in..what then? does Pence finish the term, or is an election called at some point before the end of term?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Pence becomes new POTUS

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

As a born-again Pentecostal Christian, I have been concerned about Trump's outspoken crudity and the vilifying nature of many of his platforms not to mention his looseness with the truth.

In a position of authority I expect a higher standard than what Trump has shown.

I hope that his replacement will be a person of moral integrity with a concern for his constituency (the citizens of the US).

To be clear, I am not an American citizen and so I do not have a right to vote there. You may discount my opinion on that basis if you wish and it would be entirely fair of you to do so. I am just expressing my personal opinion.

As a Christian with an anabaptist leaning I think you are nearly insane

Who, you?
Who, Hilary?
Can you name a contender who is honest, sincere, genuine enough for the role.
I don’t believe Christianity and politics mixes, don’t believe Trump is a Christian and shouldn’t have to be

Altruism is not a reality, not a fan of Trump but I think he is the best person for the job based on his track record
And he isn’t Hilary

I have seen more despicable acts carried out by people calling themselves Christians than the so called immoral atheists

My personal opinion as well

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   
The hold placed by Trump on the aid to Ukraine only lasted five weeks. From what the Democrats were saying it was around three months, they were telling lies. I would not want a president rushing money to a corrupt country, I would want the president to pressure them to take steps to stop and investigate corruption. Even the ambassador that was fired said the Ukraine was the most corrupt country out there.

www.npr.org...

Someone convinced the editors of that newspaper to believe a lie, that is a political move intended to discredit the Republican party. I know, deceiving people is what politicians do. We must start requiring honesty standards from all of our politicians, they are all liars. I wonder how this Christian publication would respond to Schiff going after Pence, we will not hear about that though, the Dems figure that the head of this christian publication now will be afraid to admit they were wrong for believing in the Democrats lies.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join