It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Political Suicide ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
What I can't seem to wrap my head around is this, why would so many Democrats be so willing to follow one another off the cliff to political suicide? These are career politicians we are talking about here , who when you sweep aside all the bull all they care about is re-election.

I'm looking at this as objectively as I can, When you truely weigh the impeachable evidence it does not tip torwards the President being impeached , they are basically trying to Impeach the President based on speculation . Here we have junior dems and senior dems all sitting on there hands for three almost four years now whining about the President , all the while not passing laws, not improving there districts not doing there jobs. What in Gods name are they going to run on when it comes time for re-election ?

And when this impeachment fails and it will , all that will have been accomplished is the fueling of support behind Donald Trumps 2020 campaign. Can the Democrats not see even a little ways down the road? The least they could do is support the Presidents economic reforms and then they could stand on that come time for re-election .

I'm not Right or Left , I go with what is most logical. And this is the most ilogical I have ever seen the left act it is truly baffling , because I agree with many democratic views when it comes to society , but this is forcing me to really step back and rethink my position .

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
They are too far consumed by the bubble that they live in, they actually think they are doing the right thing.

These people are stupid.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
For the next 11 months or so, all we'll get to hear from them is "but we voted to impeach, and he's still there!"
"Vote for us and we'll vote to impeach again!"
etc etc

its all they have to run on, they've done nothing but waste tax dollars for three full years now.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

What I can't seem to wrap my head around is this, why would so many Democrats be so willing to follow one another off the cliff to political suicide? These are career politicians we are talking about here , who when you sweep aside all the bull all they care about is re-election.

Very simple, actually.

They feel that they will ultimately be on the right side of history, in the long run, by standing up for democracy and the Constitution, rather than their Republican counterparts who seem to care more about maintaining power and putting their party over country in support of Trump at all costs, which is a reason so many are so spineless to oppose the Trumpublican Party.

That is why they are risking "political "suicide" as you call it, because they claim to care more about country and its founding principles than their own re-election—yet they ultimately hope they will get through to the people in order to be reelected, *because* they put country over party.

Simple.
edit on 18-12-2019 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Because they're scared of being exposed as the criminals they are.Desperation is growing to be rid of Trump before the corruption and selling out to foreign interests is uncovered

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Although if polls are to be believed the vast majority of voters are very upset with Congress as a whole, when it comes down to their individual representative, they continue to re-elect them. Plus, as you know, quite a few people favor impeachment. The Bottom Line is that many legislators have nothing to fear from an impeachment vote. I wrote to my own rep, a middle-of-the-road Democrat, asking him to NOT vote for impeachment, but I'm guessing he will anyway. And I'm guessing he will get re-elected.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Very simple, actually.

They feel that they will ultimately be on the right side of history, in the long run, by standing up for democracy and the Constitution, rather than their Republican counterparts who seem to care more about maintaining power and putting their party over country in support of Trump at all costs, which is a reason so are so spineless to oppose the Trumpublican Party.

That is why they are risking "political "suicide" as you call it, because they claim to care more about country and its founding principles than their own re-election—yet they ultimately hope they will get through to the people in order to be reelected, *because* they put country over party.

Simple.

Oh my God, thank you! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

in the long run, by standing up for democracy and the Constitution, rather than their Republican counterparts who seem to care more about maintaining power and putting their party over country in support of Trump at all costs
a reply to: Liquesence

I see your point and can agree from a certain point of view , but at the same time you could say the exact same thing in reverse. You could say the Republicans are standing up for the Constitution and Democracy while the Democrats are simply trying to seize power .

Like I said I look at logic , and there is no logic behind what they are doing its all based on speculation not facts , no matter how guilty they make the President seem , it falls short with out facts. This is a country of due process , and the Democrats are trying to circumvent due process in this impeachment, due process is afforded to us by the constitution
edit on 18-12-2019 by asabuvsobelow because: mis spell

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

They seem to have been assured that they have a loophole. They can impeach Trump and then detain the articles from going to the Senate for Trial.

Thus, Trump will have a black mark on record. Their districts will be happy. They can say when Trump wins that he used foriegn powers as they foretold. They must impeach him again! Win/win duplicity for Dems.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
It's all moot. The decision will be made at the next election. Partisans will vote party line, like they always do, and the Independents will decide who wins or loses.

Hand wringing and mud slinging won't change that. The smart people are ignoring this whole show, not being dumb enough to let a party lead them around by the nose.

The cry from all of us should be - LET WE THE PEOPLE DECIDE AT THE NEXT ELECTION - but they can't have that. It would mean we really are led by a government of We the People, for the People, by the People.

Trump may not be a desirable person to have as President, but if he were to be taken down this way, it seals in stone that no outsider will ever be allowed to hold the highest office.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
It's all moot. The decision will be made at the next election. Partisans will vote party line, like they always do, and the Independents will decide who wins or loses.

Hand wringing and mud slinging won't change that. The smart people are ignoring this whole show, not being dumb enough to let a party lead them around by the nose.

The cry from all of us should be - LET WE THE PEOPLE DECIDE AT THE NEXT ELECTION - but they can't have that. It would mean we really are led by a government of We the People, for the People, by the People.

Trump may not be a desirable person to have as President, but if he were to be taken down this way, it seals in stone that no outsider will ever be allowed to hold the highest office.

Oh, if they manage to remove him, they won't stop there with their lesson and message to anyone who dares interfere with their power. These Washngton types are as vindictive as they come.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox
They are too far consumed by the bubble that they live in, they actually think they are doing the right thing.

These people are stupid.

They can't be that stupid.

I think this is far more sinister then any of us can imagine.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Very simple, actually.

They feel that they will ultimately be on the right side of history, in the long run, by standing up for democracy and the Constitution, rather than their Republican counterparts who seem to care more about maintaining power and putting their party over country in support of Trump at all costs, which is a reason so are so spineless to oppose the Trumpublican Party.

Simple.

That got a healthy chuckle.

You folks actually believe this tripe

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

What political suicide?
The people that voted for them in the first place want trump impeached too so they will vote for them again.

The dems were going to lose the presidential election anyway so this failure won't matter.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

They can't be that stupid.

I think this is far more sinister then any of us can imagine.

It has to be , it absolutely has to be. These people would not jeopardize there positions with out certain assurances

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

The Left can't see beyond their hate.
Orange makes them see Red.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

You folks actually believe this tripe

The OP asked a question. I answered it.

My answer *is*, in fact, the answer to the OP's question and Democrats' reasoning, which is evident to anyone actually paying attention to and listening to the proceedings.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

but at the same time you could say the exact same thing in reverse. You could say the Republicans are standing up for the Constitution and Democracy while the Democrats are simply trying to seize power .

One could.

Like I said I look at logic , and there is no logic behind what they are doing its all based on speculation not facts , no matter how guilty they make the President seem , it falls short with out facts.

In your opinion. But you asked why they would seemingly risk political suicide. I answered using their own words and beliefs, about which they have not been shy.
edit on 18-12-2019 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

It's really a simple answer. People don't think rationally when they are consumed by hate.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Imagine when the Dems vote Impeachment...then Pelosi never sends it to the Senate for Trump to be acquitted.
Pelosi can label Trump 'Impeached' for their own political gain...while never allowing Trump the option of being aquitted.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join