It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Political Suicide ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I hope they have overdone it this time. It appears the stage and theatrics were a little too big this time around and more and more people are waking up to this entire episode being just another installment of soap opera politics, the entertainment division of the MIC.

I think this is a really good thing. I see less traffic and page clicks for anything political, especially dealing with the impeachment entertainment installments. People are waking up and realizing that this entire thing is entertainment meant to distract the masses.

For people to realize that politics is simply phony or used for theatrics will be one of the biggest fundamental and meaningful change there will be.

It is the people, that continue to think anything in politics is real, that scare me. Out of any group, both repubs & demos, that will destroy our country and freedoms faster than anyone else, it is the believers of politics. Their simple attention and belief is all that is needed to continue this march towards madness and enslavement.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

No it does not. Personally I consider belonging to either party to be naive.
a reply to: Blaine91555

A scary thought really, but its true.

Both parties are simply two separate streams leading to the same goal, its presents us with the illusion of choice. Honeslty it scares the # out of me.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Obstruction of Congress is not speculative. It was done very publicly and braggadociously

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
If they don't do it many of them will lose their seat. The staunch progressive wing is on the warpath. Already took several of their seats. It's not about Trump. Look what happened to their next in line Speaker of the House.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

But maybe there is a glimmer of hope in there somewhere?

I no longer seeing people hold their nose and talk about the lesser of the two evils in politics. I just don't hear people talking about it like they were to even 9 months ago. Or at least the circle of people I am exposed to. They have moved onto other meaningless topics of gossip that aren't so dangerous to pay attention to.

I really really think they have screwed themselves this time. Which side screwed themselves? Repubs or Demos? YES!!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
More boring than dried butter beans this impeachment.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

It was done very publicly and braggadociously
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

As is his style to do so, and I'm sure the left was counting on this reaction.

Again though look at it objectively , Is he obstructing Congress? Or is he simply using his right to counsel and pressing his right to face his accusers . What he is doing may be annoying to Congress , but I'm pretty sure he is still with in his rights to do so.

I'm not a fan a Trump as a person, but results dont lie.
edit on 18-12-2019 by asabuvsobelow because: add to

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

At least the Clinton impeachment had some bland sex stuff to go with it.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Well, we *do* have allegations of, according to Nunes, nude Trump pics, which, thankfully, I have not seen if they exist.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Well, we *do* have allegations of, according to Nunes, nude Trump pics, which, thankfully, I have not seen if they exist.

Allegations equal jack sh!t and you know it. Clinton lied to Congress under oath dead to rights. Show me some evidence or shut up.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

Allegations equal jack sh!t and you know it. Clinton lied to Congress under oath dead to rights. Show me some evidence or shut up.

Touchy much?

Thanks for missing the point...and the humor. lol

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Touchy much?

I allege you're a child molester. That was easy. See how that works?

ETA: what was your point? You wanna see nude pics of trump?
edit on 18-12-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Touchy much?

ETA: what was your point? You wanna see nude pics of trump?

No, I don't. But again, you miss the point in the context of my reply.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

What I can't seem to wrap my head around is this, why would so many Democrats be so willing to follow one another off the cliff to political suicide? These are career politicians we are talking about here , who when you sweep aside all the bull all they care about is re-election.

Very simple, actually.

They feel that they will ultimately be on the right side of history, in the long run, by standing up for democracy and the Constitution, rather than their Republican counterparts who seem to care more about maintaining power and putting their party over country in support of Trump at all costs, which is a reason so many are so spineless to oppose the Trumpublican Party.

That is why they are risking "political "suicide" as you call it, because they claim to care more about country and its founding principles than their own re-election—yet they ultimately hope they will get through to the people in order to be reelected, *because* they put country over party.

Simple.

The above is why they can because of their constituents who are so snowed over will continue to be good kittle snowflakes and vote the imbeciles in again and again.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Do you think the successful impeachment of trump would be good for America?

Honest question
edit on 18-12-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

What I can't seem to wrap my head around is this, why would so many Democrats be so willing to follow one another off the cliff to political suicide? These are career politicians we are talking about here , who when you sweep aside all the bull all they care about is re-election.

Very simple, actually.

They feel that they will ultimately be on the right side of history, in the long run, by standing up for democracy and the Constitution, rather than their Republican counterparts who seem to care more about maintaining power and putting their party over country in support of Trump at all costs, which is a reason so many are so spineless to oppose the Trumpublican Party.

That is why they are risking "political "suicide" as you call it, because they claim to care more about country and its founding principles than their own re-election—yet they ultimately hope they will get through to the people in order to be reelected, *because* they put country over party.

Simple.

These are the same people who have called the founders as a bunch of racist slave owners, now they invoke their names. What a bunch oh hypocrites.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Very simple, actually.

Simple.

The above is why they can because of their constituents who are so snowed over will continue to be good kittle snowflakes and vote the imbeciles in again and again.

One could say the same their Republican counterparts. That's the point of my original post.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Very simple, actually.

Simple.

Your level of projection is absolutely epic.

Democrats don't give a sh!t about their constituents or their country.

You do realize that the House this term has issued more subpoenas then they have voted on actual bills?

You know... their real job?

So we have Democrats who are actually saying "We have to impeach Trump because otherwise he will win the election"...

Democrats who have subverted the impeachment process entirely...

Democrats who are being ENTIRELY unconstitutional by impeaching a President without any actual evidence that the standards of impeachment are met...

And you have the utter phucking gall to type...

rather than their Republican counterparts who seem to care more about maintaining power and putting their party over country in support of Trump at all costs, which is a reason so many are so spineless to oppose the Trumpublican Party.

Sweety, the only part of this entire impeachment travesty so far that was bipartisan was the "no" vote to impeach.

Think about that for a second, if that is possible for you.

Or actually... don't think about it at all and keep typing.

Your mindset is so counter to what actual American voters right now think about the this Schiff-Show that maybe you can drive others away from the party as well.

edit on 18-12-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Liquesence

Do you think the successful impeachment of trump would be good for America?

Honest question

Impeachment has been successful.

Is that good for America? No, not without removal.

Honest answer.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Your level of projection is absolutely epic.

Speak for yourself.

Democrats don't give a sh!t about their constituents or their country.

*Yawn*

You sound a little wound up. Maybe chill.

You do realize that the House this term has issued more subpoenas then they have voted on actual bills?

You do realize the several hundred bills they passed now rotting in the Senate because McConnell won't allow a vote?

Your mindset

Bless your heart.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join