It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For we live by faith, not by sight.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Yip I agree, put the fear of God into us

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

I think that fear was already there. I mean, they lived in a hostile world and had little understanding, superstition and gods served to explain what was unexplainable to them.
But may by giving those unexplainable forces a name and providing the people with a code to live by, an agreement with that god, it gave them the courage and will power to find ways to overcome those forces, harness them even and make the world a little less hostile since well, the impossible becomes possible when you have god on your side..

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Of course I'm speculating but what if they had no fear of death and the judgement that followed and the implementation of a God that judged you on your mortal life. That would help in taming that animal instinct.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

Fear has its place in the animal kingdom also? But it seems like you are asking what if man never realized he was more than just another animal.. what if we never developed the ability that some things are bad and should be avoided.. others are good and should be strived for. What if Adam and eve never bit the apple.
Well, first, childbirth would be less painful since we have concluded that pain isnt good and should be avoided, which only makes childbirth more painful.
But, well freezing is bad, we dont like to be cold, and that gave us the incentive to harness fire and build shelters. We dont like to go hungry either, so we took measures like storing grain, ect. And, death is the great unknown and is usually preceeded by pain. Even a deer knows enough to run for its life if it picks up the scent of a predator. So, I have to ask, when they presented them with a code to lifvw by and a vision of an afterlife that they would be granted if they did, where they creating fear or trying to alleviate it?

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   

To Live by faith is to Exist consciously-
-Allowing yourself to be guided Spiritually

Not being defined only by what is physically perceived-
-Knowing it can easily be manipulated in order to deceive

Understood it's not easy sensing and becoming more aware with AN active Third Eye-
-As your consciousness polishes the Kundalini you will see more then with just the ability of the physical eyes...

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen88
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is said to be king.

That one eye is here now......but most have eyes in time....one eye in the past and another in the future.

People are blind when they are full of past and future visions!

edit on 15-12-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Pain can be good. Fear can be incredible helpful. It's always a matter how you approach it. A good workout is painful but satisfying because it means physical growth. To face fear and overcome it means psychological strength increases.
Humans are animals but we also have culture. Duality, low and high in one being, curse and blessing. Surpressing one means the other will starve.

Like with really good sex, build the tension until it hurts means the relief will be incredible and shake your core, because it won't be just physical.
If you just do an in and out without mental stimulation you are not even scratching the surface of what "good" can feel like.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   

it would if it were true. sadly there is no evidence of that. just faith. you cant be alive and know about it.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I cannot say there is no evidence, for if it were evidence it would probably be kept secret to keep those aware in control of those who are not.

a reply to: MarioOnTheFly
Or to keep those unaware mentally safe from that which they deny existing.

There are probably even government secret related parapsychology divisions who handle or oversee things like demonic possessions, exorcism and "site cleansing" so to say there is no true evidence is somewhat short sited.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

So true.
Balance is key and one end of the extreme must be subsidised by the other end. Today though people's attention spans are terrible and the quick in and out is plenty for then.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 05:48 AM
link   
It has not even been confirmed yet that some of the E.T or I.D are not crossing over from there the metaphysical - Spiritual realms.

a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The individual lives by fear and hope.
If I am good I will be ok ......is the belief.

Good luck being good 😁

Weirdly....you can't be anything other than what you are but you will suffer from failure of being able to control yourself.....and be forever telling yourself off......guilt and shame will occur often.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Control, in itself, is an illusary prospect, at the best of times.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
The individual lives by fear and hope.
If I am good I will be ok ......is the belief.

Good luck being good 😁

That is the misconception...

It is actually the individual learns from mistakes made over lifetimes in various forms keeping unique to itself the Eternal Spirit and attached consciousness that help guide it and also help it establish a link or connection with other Ascended Masters who may have failed and went through lower vibration Existence and now extend a hand forth to try to help those of us in range of failure to not fail continuously. As we learn...

So being good as you say Itisnowagain is a natural byproduct of a evolved consciousness.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
No free will??

You can't do anything.....you are being done.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I live by hope and faith that there is continuity and purpose in the universe.
Science,I believe, is an earnest attempt of faith.
Spiritual faith is what keeps us hopeful, and prevents self destruction.
I can not see or know what wonders await humanity, through miracles, natural or supernatural.
But I have faith.
edit on 000000120613126America/Chicago15 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   
double post
edit on 000000120613126America/Chicago15 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Who can say what is good?

It is the end of the belief in being bad that is the kicker!

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Freewill the way we perceive it leaves a lot to be desired.

Further study as to how consciousness functions and allows us to interact with the reality we assume we experience is a requirement.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Who can say what is good?

It is the end of the belief in being bad that is the kicker!

the society in which you live, determines it
over many thousands of years.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join