It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uranium contaminated site collapses into Detroit River

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

A Detroit property contaminated with uranium and other dangerous chemicals partially collapsed into the Detroit River on Nov. 26, the Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes and Energy has confirmed.

According to a 2011 evaluation study by the U.S. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health of the property, at that time there was a “potential ... for significant residual radiation.”

The news is especially concerning because the Detroit drinking water intake lines are nearby downriver.

Detroit Free Press

It took a few days to even notice the collapse due to the Thanksgiving weekend and it will take a few more days for test results to come in. For anyone dependent on this water source around the great lakes it is an unfortunate thing to consider. To build a toxic waste storage area so close to the water lacks reasonable foresight for a responsible operation. For a group aligned with the depopulation agenda is makes sense.

Breaking “Radioactive Uranium Contaminated Detroit River In Massive Spill”

Got onto this story from this 9 minute presentation by Paul Begley. Is this serious?

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Okay.

This is ####ing stupid. I mean, EXPERT LEVEL grade stupid.

Let this be a lesson to everyone!

The government, our government, wasn't watching this because of a holiday? And we actually have people here that want to give the government more power.

*shakes head*

As a former NEST Team member this kind of sh#t pisses me off.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Time to buy a Patriot flashlight

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Is this serious?

One would think, also can assume they will not be truthful in regards to how serious.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Ahhh there’s been uranium in my drinking water here for years.
Everything’s fine.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Nevermind your ability to charge a cellphone in your hand...

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

It's hard to take the clown in the video seriously.

But anyway. How is this possibly any worse than than what the rain has been doing to this site for decades?

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
‘I’m from the government and I’m here to help’ a Reagan quote about the problems government always introduces, never so true right Love Canal!!??

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I'll bet that guy is or was a used car salesman.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I have managed to translate the message from the emergency beacon device. “Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.” Is this Ovaltine an anti-chemical/radiation drug?

On a serious note, you would think they would notice something changing chemically with the water in the fresh water treatment plant, or maybe the glow of the water.

edit on 12 8 2019 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

edit on 12 8 2019 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

a reply to: beyondknowledge

On a serious note, you would think they would notice something changing chemically with the water in the fresh water treatment plant, or maybe the glow of the water.

They're too busy chasing Carbon ghosts to worry about toxic waste...Now had it been some cows farting they'd be all over it...

edit on 8-12-2019 by AttitudeProblem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   

I am not in the US but this kind of thing is actually sickening, what kind of pure and utter imbecile put's a storage depot full of toxic and radioactive material next to a river unless of course they always intended it to wash there financially complex problem away for them.

This is the kind of Deliberate insanity that should have head's rolling and massive fine's levied on the company or corporation'(s) responsible for this travesty, I wish the people of Detroit well but suspect a spike in cancers and worse will be the outcome of this.

Why do I suspect deliberate idiocy, well anyone with an ounce of common sense would know NOT to store this material near to a river that erodes it's bank's and in fact to store it as far from the water table as possible on solid ground preferably on or in hard rock or in an otherwise secure facility.
But properly disposing of this material would have cost millions so likely some bright spark decided it would be a good idea to put it somewhere it could be forgotten about - possibly sometime ago maybe even the 70's or 80's and also hoped that it would then be disposed of for them or even intended to dispose of it themselves by that handy river.

Either way whatever the truth if this site was known about then someone in officialdom was not doing there job as they should have ordered the offending organization be it a company or corporation to remove that material to a safe location some very long time ago.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   

I am sorry, I just can't do Begley.

I did read the article, and though it is normal business for our government to ignore those areas of importance while chasing bogeymen, this is something that anyone that was aware of the site, had to know it had to be dealt with, long before the inevitable happen. Now it has happened.

Another lesson in just how much we mean to those officials we place in office. The only time they give us any real consideration is when they are lying their way into getting our votes.

edit on 9-12-2019 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Potential, potential, potential, Get some facts and then report.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

That flash lite is bad ass! oh and uranium bad.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   

It's Detroit, is anyone surprised they would have that waste there?

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev

A Detroit property contaminated with uranium and other dangerous chemicals partially collapsed into the Detroit River on Nov. 26, the Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes and Energy has confirmed.

According to a 2011 evaluation study by the U.S. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health of the property, at that time there was a “potential ... for significant residual radiation.”

The news is especially concerning because the Detroit drinking water intake lines are nearby downriver.

Detroit Free Press

It took a few days to even notice the collapse due to the Thanksgiving weekend and it will take a few more days for test results to come in. For anyone dependent on this water source around the great lakes it is an unfortunate thing to consider. To build a toxic waste storage area so close to the water lacks reasonable foresight for a responsible operation. For a group aligned with the depopulation agenda is makes sense.

Breaking “Radioactive Uranium Contaminated Detroit River In Massive Spill”

Got onto this story from this 9 minute presentation by Paul Begley. Is this serious?

Here UNDER Detroit....we have 250 miles of salt mines below Detroit, Lake St. Claire, Lakes Erie and Huron.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
This is less than a mile upriver from Zug Island, probably one of the most contaminated places on planet Earth, so I'm not sure a little radiation is gonna have much effect! My father was the VP of Engineering for Great Lakes Steel back in their heydays (60's-70's). Used to go there as a kid all the time. We even had a boat at the Great Lakes Steel 'Yacht' Club.

My first thought when I read the OP was...I wonder how far this is from Zug Island? Turns out, not very far at all.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
My Dad's family lived down river in Trenton and experienced first hand how the steel industry destroyed the area. He used to bitch about McClouth Steel destroying the environment there when he was a kid.

Yeah, Zug Island, great vacation spot, that whole area down river is an environmental mess.

This particular incident seems pretty trivial compared to basically the entire region being a brown field zone.
edit on 9-12-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Most probably won't remember this, but back in the early 70's there was this T-shirt fad where a shirt had a yellow smiley face and a location or thing below it. The idea was.."Happiness is (blank)"

I had one of those ...and it said "Zug Island". It was my favorite shirt! People used to ask me all the time where Zug Island was, thinking it was some exotic South Seas island. LOL!!! I used to get a kick out of telling them it was the exact opposite!!

top topics

join