It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adverts that you like for any reason!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I thought i would start a thread on adverts, please post them and tell ATS members why you like them.
I will start with the Cadbury Gorilla playing the drums to "In The Air Tonight", i found it very amusing!
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Sorry to rain on this but adverts are scum.

They’re designed to brainwash the public into buying. Total consumerism.

They use clever tricks and dumb down the nations.

People in the UK actually CRY over Christmas adverts. It’s an absolute disgrace.

EDIT: But yes, the gorilla is cool.
edit on 8-12-2019 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Last night before I went to bed I was thinking of posting the same thread. Strange, but I couldn't stop thinking of this commercial from my childhood. Why do I like it? A woman frying a loaf of bread in a vat of oil. Whats not to like?

Sal

a reply to: Astronomer62

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Nah, if we're going old school adverts.. you can't beat my childhood. I learneded all my vita mins this way.

god that brings back memories of leather belts and wooden spoons..

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SallieSunshine
Yuck, it is funny when we look at old commercials, we wouldn't try that now, LOL!
I like "The Judderman" beware when the Moon is fat, as it is spooky!
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

One of my favorites.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Only advert i liked.
Because i like the song.

Oh and one of the funniest.

edit on 8-12-2019 by Fisherr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

ETA It cost 6 million dollars to make that ad.
edit on 8/12/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

ETA2 I like the ad because it doesn't tell me how great the product is, how much more "new and improved" their product is, make unrealistic claims or use celebrities in an attempt to get me to like it. It is just a wonderful piece of creative engineering (?) which is fun to watch and has quite a nice "Wow!" quality to it.
edit on 8/12/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA2

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I ignore modern ads, but I like remembering some older funny ones. Like this one (the accent is meant to be Yorkshire);

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
It's the right time of year too, but this is one of my all time favourites, it was how I knew Christmas was here as a child

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I'm loving all the adverts, the one below i find funny as i'm a huge John Cleese fan:-
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I shared this in The Shed earlier. Don't have any idea what the company behind this commercial is about but the ad makes a cute little story.

Christmas Dragon commercial

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

UK supermarket (Waitrose) and UK fashion, homeware and electrical store (John Lewis). Now you know.

ETA Cute ad.

edit on 8/12/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I thought advert below was very naughty but funny:-
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver
Thanks for the info for ATS members, by your avatar picture, you may be a fan of "Dark side of the Moon", so just incase you are i didn't leave you an advert but music:-
www.youtube.com...

I love the advert below with symbolism of Butterfly Effect and Chaos Theory:-
www.youtube.com...

edit on 8-12-2019 by Astronomer62 because: Adding Link

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I like the advert below as i like the music and is scary:-
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
While I agree with And14263 that adverts are attempted mind control to make you want stuff you mostly do not need,there are some I like for their artistic nature.
A recent example is the 2019 Hennesey XO brandy advert,created by Ridley Scott,who is one of my favorite movie directors(Alien,Blade Runner etc).

He actually started off in advertising,his first one being one most older folks in the UK will remember-The boy pushing the bicycle up the cobbled hill to deliver the (hovis)bread-that was in the 60's I think,but Ridley is a master of his art all these years later and that shows in the Hennesy advert:

That ad is great,its got everything-Space travel,shades of Salvador Dali,dystopian future.Its win win!
Shame im on the wagon or it would make me want to get a bottle

He also did a great superbowl ad in the 80s for the Apple Mackintosh computer-somewhat ironically it depicts Apple as a character who releases the subjugated masses from an Orwellian type of "Big Brother" system...Hmmm that didn't exactlly happen did it Ridley?
Still a good advert for its day though:

Advertising is very insidious though-it works on your subconscious mind.
An example being my friend who told me he was immune to adverts,while wearing Nike trainers,Levi Jeans and driving his audi..
How do you know your choices of car and clothes were not influenced by these products adverts? I asked him..He couldn't answer that.

edit on 8/12/2019 by Silcone Synapse because: hmm

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
One of my favourite adverts comes from the 1970's, with Leonard Rossiter and Joan Collins, i always chuckle when i see it again:-
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I'm old enough to remember the old Raid commercials from the 60s and 70s.
I always thought they were fun.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 8-12-2019 by ElGoobero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse
Hi Silcone Synapse,
I love Ridley Scott, i'm not keen on H.R. Giger though, he is scary!
Your Brandy advert is working on me now, i'll have to buy myself a bottle of ten year old single malt Talisker, so i get merry at Christmas, i hope everyone has a happy time. Below i have included the Hovis advert for you:-
www.youtube.com...

<<   2 >>

join