It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREEAKING- London Bridge sealed off after reports of gunfire

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
So according to the police.

They responded with armed officers to reports of a stabbing at a premises in the area, the suspect was shot dead on London Bridge and had on what appeared to be a fake explosive vest. Sounds like one suspect. Several casualties

The incident is now being treated as a act of terrorism

Corden to remain in place while police conduct a search

The police are to brief Downing Street shortly.

No word of a COBRA meeting or any changes to the terror threat level.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: fernalley

originally posted by: Flavian
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Absolutely. Normally i absolutely loathe vigilante behaviour, as, if we are honest, it oftens targets the wrong people or gets seriously out of hand. But in situations like this there is just something refreshing about seeing locals say "no, we are not accepting this".

News says he was wearing an explosive vest. This could gave ended alot worse for those locals if he had detonated.

It’s been confirmed this is a fake vest as a few of us where speculating

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

London Bridge terror attack: Suspect wearing hoax explosives shot dead by police

news.sky.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Boris will now be attending a COBRA meeting.

Probably be better going to the hospitals to console and reassure any injured if you ask me.

Don't know what he's going to do about it now.

Anyhoo speedy recovery to any and all involved.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Tourist shot a video of the terrorist receiving justice.

twitter.com...

That clip should be sent to all wanna-be terrorists.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Tourist shot a video of the terrorist receiving justice.

twitter.com...

That clip should be sent to all wanna-be terrorists.

That was a great moment.
No messing. The sub human was given a chance to be arrested and remained a danger. He had to be put down.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Sadiq Khan
"We have to remember this was just one individual"
Thanks Sadiq - I am sure the people stabbed don't give a # whether it was one or more people doing the stabbing.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: SprocketUK

That's why you have thought it was predominantly London bridge.

It was more like arial coverage of the entire area and ensuring traffic/public upheaval.

It was purely because the front page had a pic of tower bridge under a headline saying London bridge.

I wasn't having a dig at you, just the person that compiled the front page.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Sadiq Khan
Thanks Sadiq - I am sure the people stabbed don't give a # whether it was one or more people doing the stabbing.

You got a quote of him actually saying that because I read his statement and he doesn't say "we have to remember this was just one individual"

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: UKTruth
Sadiq Khan

You got a quote of him actually saying that because I read his statement and he doesn't say "we have to remember this was just one individual"

Interview not 5 minutes ago on BBC.
Not only did he say that , he thought it necessary to praise London's diversity - quite why, only he knows.

edit on 29/11/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Sadiq Fargin Khant sympathizer.

Was probably one of his brothers.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I have been watching this since it first came out, and I have to say, I don't care what this guys name is at all.
What I want to see is the story about the citizens that took this pos down, great Humanbeings

edit on 29-11-2019 by darepairman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Video of the moment they shot the suspect. It's far enough away that it's not graphic. The man in black holding the knife is not a suspect, he is a bystander who picked up the knife after the suspect lost it.
Twitter

Thank God this happened in the UK. If this was the US, the narrative would be how racist the cops are because they shot this unarmed man. The knife had already been taken away from him and the explosive vest was fake, and you know, those cops should've known that but they just wanted to "murder" a Muslim.

Seriously though, good on those Londoners for the way they handled this.
edit on 29 11 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Shocking BUT JUSTIFIED and the police can not take any chances if a suicide belt is involved, in case it was real and in case the guy decided to detonate it they had to get away from him and in order to prevent him running toward the members of the public whom were close by including the bus from which the tourist filmed the incident shooting him was probably the only course of action left to the officer.

However I do wish it could have ended with an arrest and imprisonment, still we would have had to then pay for him to live a cushy life behind bars after attempting to murder complete strangers whom had done him no harm.

I hope the officer whom is most likely shaken after having had to shoot this lunatic is able to go back to work soon but he has done his duty and deserves a short break at least - there is always a period of investigation after ANY shooting taken by the police and the officers involved are usually placed in short term office duty or paid leave until it is resolved - but anyone can see he and the other officers involved took the correct course of action to maintain public safety in the face of a potential suicide vest.
edit on 29-11-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

There's time yet.....wait till we hear Corbyn's take on things.

My thoughts are with the victims and huge respect to the civilians and coppers who dealt with this 'person'.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

The officer will now be "arrested" and questionned by other officers as any normal shooting suspect would be.

Whilst draconian, i do like that this is normal Police procedure over here. The aim isn't to blame the officer in question, more to establish that correct protocol was followed. For our US cousins, this was procedure was introduced to ensure we don't end up with trigger happy cops - so firearms are only discharged in extreme circumstances.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

said he had seen a struggle on the bridge, with several men restraining one man. Police then arrived quickly and a number of shots were fired at him, he said.

Kudos to the brave Londoners who tackled him , glad the Met police shot and killed the muppet , now his body should be hung from the nearest lamppost and his family deported.

Scum.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Mostly agree but can't necessarily blame the families. If you remember back to some of our recent attacks, at least a couple of terrorists were reported numerous times by their own families.
edit on 29-11-2019 by Flavian because: Because

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: face23785

There's time yet.....wait till we hear Corbyn's take on things.

My thoughts are with the victims and huge respect to the civilians and coppers who dealt with this 'person'.

I can imagine Corbyn now saying "we must understand what we have done wring to cause this citizen to act in such a way, we must condemn him, his actions were a result of our foreign policy." Etc . I hate Corbyn- he is a terrorist sympathizer and an economic moron. The sooner Boris wins on the 12th and Corbyn resigns the better! It's not the labour party I hate, just the imbecile they have as leader at the moment!

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

OK , if there's evidence his family did try to raise the alarm then they did their bit and should be allowed to stay , if not they should be deported.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join