It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason for Life and It’s Manifest Destiny

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I’ve deeply ponder the possible reasons for the existence of life to try and give some meaning to my own existence. I’ve considered a lot of extreme reasoning but I’ve come to some conclusions based on the following facts.

* All life is mortal. There are no life forms that can life forever.
* All life must reproduce to perpetuate their species.
* Survival is the top priority in order to reproduce.
* Securing the resources necessary for survival and reproduction is the prime motivation of all life.
* Life forms go though a life cycle process of birth, growth, sexual maturity, and death.
* Each generation must adapt to it’s circumstances to secure essential resources for it’s survival.
* Survival of the fittest helps life to become better adapted with each new generation.

Each species is driven to survive and reproduce in order to become the most successful, the most abundant, the most dominant, to become the supreme species on the planet. This is what I’ve heard called the selfish gene theory, that each species genetics is the most important over all else.

So life fights it’s own mortality by continuing to exist through reproduction. Yet if immortality were the ultimate goal of life, why doesn’t the life cycle simply end with the sexual maturity phase rather than end with the body aging and breaking down?

Everything in the universe, including the universe itself seems to have a life cycle. Stars are born, mature, and die, taking it’s solar system with it when it goes. Other than the steady state theory of the universe, the expanding universe and the pulsating universe are always changing and have a beginning and an end where life is concerned. Ultimately if life is to be perpetual it must first survive a changing planet, a red giant sun or super nova, then a dying universe.

To avoid extinction, life must strive to leave it’s home world before it becomes uninhabitable due to a dying sun. Once established out in space, life must then find a way to survive a dying universe. This must be life’s manifest destiny, to out live the planet and then the universe.
edit on 26-11-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck
Everything comes to pass.
I'm comfortable with that.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Perhaps the manipulation of our own DNA could lead to immortality. I don't see why not.

I have never thought that life must have a reason for living or a destiny to fulfil. I have always thought of it as a chain reaction, like fire.

edit on 26-11-2019 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

So what you have explained cannot be luck. It sounds like someone designed life.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Really?
Sounds more like "Life exists to Live"
Or that Life embodies Newtons First Law (inertia), keepin' on because that's what innertia's all about...
until entropy catches up, then it's THE END.

ganjoa

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

So what you have explained cannot be luck. It sounds like someone designed life.

But it can by the slow, grinding process of competition for available resources starting from tiny living things all the way up to the big ones. Millions of years. Mill-ions-of-years.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
What so many fail to understand is that the purpose of our existence has nothing to do with our mortal existence. It is the time allowed us to whiteness God's creation and to come to recognize his dominion over all of his creation. Those that come to realize his power, respect his creation and love him for providing all things to us will realize that their immortality is not physically possible but is only possible by loving and worshiping him. That is our purpose. To acknowledge, love and worship our creator and his power over us.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
That is our purpose. To acknowledge, love and worship our creator and his power over us.

Only a weak, needy demiurge would require our love and worship to exist. Stop worshiping Saklas and realize that if there was a conscious entity that created reality, it would be so far beyond our understanding as to essentially not exist, and wouldn't "care" about us at all -- ever. You're anthropomorphizing a trans-temporal supernatural super being.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift
Go ahead, live your life to it's fullest here and die knowing your life here is meaningless.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Seriously though why would a supreme being need to be worshipped or need blood sacrifices😅

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

What so many fail to understand is that the purpose of our existence has nothing to do with our mortal existence. It is the time allowed us to whiteness God's creation and to come to recognize his dominion over all of his creation. Those that come to realize his power, respect his creation and love him for providing all things to us will realize that their immortality is not physically possible but is only possible by loving and worshiping him. That is our purpose. To acknowledge, love and worship our creator and his power over us.

I think that's exactly right. And it makes better sense than any life begat's
life retro actively to infinity. Or all humanity coming into a beautiful sacred
existence by some miracle just to fill a space between to nothings?

No wonder our kids are shooting up schools and killing themselves.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids
Like every individual on this planet, I continually asked myself this very question for 67 years before I finally accepted the answer that resided in my heart from the start. We live this mortal life for the only purpose of coming to know and love Him....

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Dunno about that if I had a colony of ants I had raised and watched them evolve, I would love them and cherish them. But I do agree that if there is a creator we would not be able to comprehend it or its reasoning. We are just pups in the grand scale of things.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

If that designer had a penchant for sadism maybe.

I tend to go with, its a predatory universe...plan accordingly.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ganjoa
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Really?
Sounds more like "Life exists to Live"
Or that Life embodies Newtons First Law (inertia), keepin' on because that's what innertia's all about...
until entropy catches up, then it's THE END.

ganjoa

What or who caused the first law to set it all into motion?

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I'm not being a wise guy but those are the basic tenants of the continuation of a species. No deep thought needed to come up with those ideas..Religion unfortunately is a tool that we use to comfort each other and to deal with our mortality. I'm deeply and disturbingly saddened by the relatively short time we have to spend on this rock but it is what it is. I would love to be proven wrong that there is more after life but the reality is that faith does not equal fact. I've waited for signs from loved ones that have passed either in dreams and in my awakened state and I have yet to come across something that offers even just a small glimmer of hope.

We are animals and that's the bottom line...we are no different than any other organism that procreates/replicates...they and we do it for survival and that's it...and yes it's very sad...again I'm hoping to be proven wrong as I'm nearing 50 but so far I have not received a download from God..

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

Why would we we not be able to comprehend his reasoning for our existence? You would only need to know that there is a creator and but sadly there is zero evidence to support such a theory because we have a limited grasp on science in general.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

I would love to be proven wrong that there is more after life but the reality is that faith does not equal fact.

And you don't have to be proven wrong to be wrong.

You waiting on God to serve your ass?

so far I have not received a download from God..

Is why you will never be proven wrong.
edit on 26-11-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

No wonder this planet is in trouble! Nonsense!

There is no reason for life other than random sets of circumstances which brought life about both on earth and elsewhere across the cosmos. Those same circumstances have set some species on a path of discovery and ultimately the immortal creature.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Go ahead, live your life to it's fullest here and die knowing your life here is meaningless.

A belief in God isn't required to give one's life meaning. Loving life and those around us can be meaning enough for many. Some find meaning through their passions, some too, through nefarious pursuits. Who can judge?
So we can live life to it's fullest and die knowing that our lives had meaning. There is no need for God in that respect.
I find it sad that there are those who need a supernatural agent to make their lives seem worthwhile.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join