It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason for Life and It’s Manifest Destiny

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Darwinism - mindlessness

That's just a silly comment that says nothing other than you don't accept evolution. One can say anything is mindless. I can point to many types of religious beliefs and behaviour which really is 'mindless'. I'm sure the list would be endless.

Creation- The light of eternal mind

That is just another silly comment. The word 'creation' in your usage implies a creator which there is no real evidence for
It's one of those statements that's nice to say but has no value whatsoever.

It really is just that simple. And the atheist himself claims life
has no purpose.

The atheist doesn't claim that life has no purpose. That's just your biased take on atheism. The atheist might claim that life has no discernible purpose other than the obvious ones but people can find or give their lives purpose. It might be said that it's sad that you have to look for some outside supernatural agency to give your life purpose. This life and reality, with all it's ups and downs, beauty, horror and adventure just isn't enough for some people. They always want more, such is the way.

We live we die space between to nothings.

And that is the sad pessimistic outlook of a believer and why they need to have a 'God'.

And if atheism is what a person subscribes to Darwinism can't
rationally deny the miracle of us being here. So what it leads to
is just one big waste of a miracle. All this for nothing?

Your usage of the word 'miracle' here is unfortunate as it carries creator connotations. The universe could be teeming with life and it might be a common natural occurrence, so us being here might not be so 'miraculous'. 'Wasted' implies life has value, which is something we attribute to it, we don't need God for that.

It's absurd morbid as well as boring and dehumanizing.

What is absurd is the believers claims about the supernatural and their morbid obsession with death which goes so far as to deny it in the hope of some future continuation. It is 'dehumanising' to take the positive things that we humans do and attribute them to something else. Your use of the word 'boring' shows how you view life without your belief, perhaps that's why you have it really...and why you can't let go. It's all you have. I find that sad...and a waste!

Sorry just have to call em like I see em. I feel bad for
people who are some how mentally blocked from the
light. And I know it hurts our Father in Heaven. And that
sucks.

Religious people always seem to get things upside down and back to front. You just can't help making silly statements in your haste to decry non believers with no real depth of thinking. No one is mentally blocked from anything. You use the word 'light' as if it implies spirituality and you have something non believers don't. The truth is you have nothing except belief and faith, which is fine but that's all it is.

And I know it hurts our Father in Heaven. And that sucks.

That's just more ridiculous nonsense. Perhaps a band aid might help!

ETA,

It might appear that I am an atheist given my comments but I don't regard myself as such. I can't label myself.

edit on 4-12-2019 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Because you claim there is a purpose.... why else?

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I'm gonna try to answer you in the best way I know how.
If it doesn't suffice don't blame me.

I suppose each piece of art has or had it's own individual purpose
that it's creator had in mind.

So again how would I know?

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

That's just a silly comment

It's not silly it's the absolute truth and I'll continue to say it and
write it. I believe in a mind that put our reality together and Darwinism
doesn't. You just don't like the way it's written because feelings.

That is just another silly comment. The word 'creation' in your usage implies a creator which there is no real evidence for
It's one of those statements that's nice to say but has no value whatsoever.

I don't need evidence to believe as I do.

What is absurd is the believers claims about the supernatural and their morbid obsession with death which goes so far as to deny it in the hope of some future continuation. It is 'dehumanising' to take the positive things that we humans do and attribute them to something else. Your use of the word 'boring' shows how you view life without your belief, perhaps that's why you have it really...and why you can't let go. It's all you have. I find that sad...and a waste!

Why are you attacking what I believe state what you believe in comparison
if you like ?

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Why are you attacking what I believe state what you believe in comparison
if you like ?

I am not attacking what you believe really, perhaps I'm just playing a sort of devil's advocate and responding to things you have said. In some cases I have mentioned how the opposite is also true, I think that is fair comment.

You are welcome to believe in God, you undoubtedly have good reason but your generalisations about people who don't believe as you do says something about you. Plank in one's eye and all that...or even becoming the monster you chase or some such. Maybe that's worth pointing out, I don't know.

You could try and be a little more 'spiritual' and lighten up!

edit on 4-12-2019 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

You could try and be a little more 'spiritual' and lighten up!

I absolutely realize you are most likely right. I don't really
like the stance I take either. But I do have my reasons for
it. Do me a favor if you will? You being a decent person unlike
so many others. You could just ignore my posts in this venue.
As my wish is definitely not wanting to offend you.

And the way I am I can't lighten up on it. I hope you understand.

edit on 4-12-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: vethumanbeing
What if you are looking for home and you are already home? Where do you think home is?
Saint Francis of Assisi said:We are looking for what is looking!

You are NOT HOME. This is a Space/Time/Illusion construct. This is a Carnival Ride Planet designed to progress the individual particulates of Creator God through an accelerated system of experiences (NOT REAL/simulated). Your physical body always dies in this process; but your soul never dies. I have not answered for myself YET who the special ones are that get to experience this environment as it IS determined on a privileged basis.

Itisnowagain: Seek the seeker. Know Thyself. The Father and I are one.

Absolutely the Father and You are one and the same.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I am home.
You may not have realised or recognised that you are home but you never left home.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain
I am part of the creation and the creator; I may be home/but I always prefer another. I have perspective regarding my creation as an observer. I am both just as you are. The relevance to experiencing 'being human' is knowing you are acting as yourself in a play you designed and are the author of. Understanding this and being happy with it is another thing.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   

There is no reason for life..... life is simply being life.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

itisnowagain: There is no reason for life..... life is simply being life.

I am not satisfied with that roll-over. My first thought as a self aware 3 year old *conscious* child was 'why am I here and who are these strange beings'? I have been on that vision quest my entire life.
edit on 7-12-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Did you listen to the video?

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

I don't believe that Darwin's theory of Natural Selection is a random mechanism, quite the opposite really.

Nature's laws selects the most able to survive and reproduce lifeforms in their current environment. All of "creation" must be due to natural laws and forces of nature. Therefore Nature is the creator and director of the universe and all life in it, we have no choice but to obey the laws of Nature. Natural Selection is like a design filter, straining out and discarding lifeforms that don't fit the most suitable forms for survival. This is a control mechanism that produces specific types of lifeforms that limits the randomness of pure chance.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Did you listen to the video?

I unhappily suspect indoctrination is the purpose; have a fatal genetic flaw that prohibits/disallows any brainwashing, otherwise everything is happening NOW and pretends to be relevant.
edit on 15-12-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Fair enough.
Suspect indoctrination, allow the mind to convince you that it is dangerous to watch....

edit on 15-12-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vethumanbeing
Absolutely the Father and You are one and the same.

“One and the Same!”…What the…!!??…

Just how far are you extending the variable of “Same” in that Context..

And why doesn’t the audience Laugh…I mean surely God must be a good comedian…stands to reason right…he’s God after all…

They’re either a really bad audience (“Tuff crowd in tonight God!” Lol) or they just don’t get the jokes.

- JC

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The soul is eternal .a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join