It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason for Life and It’s Manifest Destiny

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

There is no reason for life other than random sets of circumstances which brought life about both on earth and elsewhere across the cosmos. Those same circumstances have set some species on a path of discovery and ultimately the immortal creature.

So that's your own concocted religion? No doctrine just everything
is the way you say it is because it's you say'n it right? Look who's
try'n to be God now?

Lol No immortal being now but there will be when we get there but
there is no purpose to life. That reads like some lil child having a
tantrum. It's lunacy.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

There is no reason for life other than random sets of circumstances which brought life about both on earth and elsewhere across the cosmos. Those same circumstances have set some species on a path of discovery and ultimately the immortal creature.

So that's your own concocted religion? No doctrine just everything
is the way you say it is because it's you say'n it right? Look who's
try'n to be God now?

Lol No immortal being now but there will be when we get there but
there is no purpose to life. That reads like some lil child having a
tantrum. It's lunacy.
Matter of opinion. Life has no purpose it just happens to exist because of randomness and the fact that it does exist, immortality is not a dream but a certainty. The only uncertainty is the the length of the path to it. But that doesn't mean that life has a reason/purpose. I guess immortality could be the reason by accident!

Step out of the box that doesn't really exist!

Its a fine line between lunacy and genius!
edit on 26-11-2019 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

We are made in God's image

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Name something apart from life that has no purpose then

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

So suicide must be easier for a person who believes as you do.
Without meaning life is not sacred and humanity is nothing but
a mass of acne that can't even explain it's own consciousness.
But you have it all figured in away that suits you and only you
just fine. Everyone else be damned because everyone else
isn't smart as you. Looks like you are God arguing against your
own existence to me. Good luck becoming immortal.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids
I'm glad you took the ball here and ran with it because trying to make a non believer realize truth is frustrating and near impossible. But if what we say here brings even 1 to enlightenment the effort is worthwhile.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I'm glad you took the ball here and ran with it because trying to make a non believer realize truth is frustrating and near impossible. But if what we say here brings even 1 to enlightenment the effort is worthwhile.

That's why I do it and I'm not nice about it if they resort to ridicule.
That's their mistake for living in a glass house.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Its definitely a question that would have even more questions, with even more quests if there was a grand design or end game to it all.

Given how crazy God must be.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
My opinion is that there really is no reason beyond the small ones personal to each of us, and they are as fleeting as our lives. I believe the universe will end, just as everything ends. Then it will begin again, over and over until the very moment when I am here again, typing this again. It explains a lot to me. It might not to you. Catch you next time round. a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968
My opinion is that there really is no reason beyond the small ones personal to each of us, and they are as fleeting as our lives. I believe the universe will end, just as everything ends. Then it will begin again, over and over until the very moment when I am here again, typing this again. It explains a lot to me. It might not to you. Catch you next time round. a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Kinda like a universal ground hog day, for eternity.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
I’ve deeply ponder the possible reasons for the existence of life to try and give some meaning to my own existence. I’ve considered a lot of extreme reasoning but I’ve come to some conclusions based on the following facts.

* All life is mortal. There are no life forms that can life forever.
* All life must reproduce to perpetuate their species.
* Survival is the top priority in order to reproduce.
* Securing the resources necessary for survival and reproduction is the prime motivation of all life.
* Life forms go though a life cycle process of birth, growth, sexual maturity, and death.
* Each generation must adapt to it’s circumstances to secure essential resources for it’s survival.
* Survival of the fittest helps life to become better adapted with each new generation.

Each species is driven to survive and reproduce in order to become the most successful, the most abundant, the most dominant, to become the supreme species on the planet. This is what I’ve heard called the selfish gene theory, that each species genetics is the most important over all else.

So life fights it’s own mortality by continuing to exist through reproduction. Yet if immortality were the ultimate goal of life, why doesn’t the life cycle simply end with the sexual maturity phase rather than end with the body aging and breaking down?

Everything in the universe, including the universe itself seems to have a life cycle. Stars are born, mature, and die, taking it’s solar system with it when it goes. Other than the steady state theory of the universe, the expanding universe and the pulsating universe are always changing and have a beginning and an end where life is concerned. Ultimately if life is to be perpetual it must first survive a changing planet, a red giant sun or super nova, then a dying universe.

To avoid extinction, life must strive to leave it’s home world before it becomes uninhabitable due to a dying sun. Once established out in space, life must then find a way to survive a dying universe. This must be life’s manifest destiny, to out live the planet and then the universe.

if we are content to emulate the philosophies of a virus, then you are spot on.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
I’ve deeply ponder the possible reasons for the existence of life to try and give some meaning to my own existence. I’ve considered a lot of extreme reasoning but I’ve come to some conclusions based on the following facts.
* All life is mortal. There are no life forms that can life forever.

Of course they can. Your soul essence called YOU is an example of being ETERNAL (you continue forever). The physical vessel *sometimes* has an expiration date.

MSB: To avoid extinction, life must strive to leave it’s home world before it becomes uninhabitable due to a dying sun. Once established out in space, life must then find a way to survive a dying universe. This must be life’s manifest destiny, to out live the planet and then the universe.

The point of life is to progress the individualized soul (you) the Creator partitioned off/ for and of Itself to know Itself. Congratulations God Particle!
edit on 26-11-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
a reply to: chrismarco

We are made in God's image

That being true; we are so because we are God experiencing Itself.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Replacing the word "God" with the word "Nature" makes a lot more sense. "There go I but for the grace of nature." / "Thank nature I survived" / "Nature is everywhere" / "We are made in natures image" / Etc...

edit on 2019-11-26T21:36:38-06:00Tue, 26 Nov 2019 21:36:38 -06002019ppAmerica/ChicagoTue, 26 Nov 2019 21:36:38 -0600 by Cropper because: (no reason given)

edit on 2019-11-26T21:54:25-06:00Tue, 26 Nov 2019 21:54:25 -06002019ppAmerica/ChicagoTue, 26 Nov 2019 21:54:25 -0600 by Cropper because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
It all depends on what perspective one is viewing reality from, in the instance that one will then proffer some idea of the meaning of life.

Only when you get to the essential perspective standpoint can one give an objective view or see clearly.

Then one has to live from that perspective to gain lasting insight into the meaning of life.

If one can live that perspective, then eventually all things will come into order.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

The point of life is to progress the individualized soul (you) the Creator partitioned off/ for and of Itself to know Itself. Congratulations God Particle!

You seem to be referring to the Hologram concept.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   
From one primal perspective life exists to transform energy from one state or level to another. Often that looks like merely change. But it’s a little more complex than that.

You might say where riding on change or transformation
Or its riding on us

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
From one primal perspective life exists to transform energy from one state or level to another. Often that looks like merely change. But it’s a little more complex than that.

You might say where riding on change or transformation
Or its riding on us

You believe then that our purpose is something other than a struggle to survive and reproduce with the hope to be able to finally become the superior species as I described earlier?

Are you saying that our mortality is necessary, in that life must die in order to be transformed to another energetic state by being consumed by other life or through death and decomposition?

Can life be benefiting from these energy transformations other than for merely sustaining our physical bodies or are you hinting that something else is benefiting from this?

Other then the perpetuation of the human race, we humans do stir everything up pretty good. We move a lot of energy around, release a lot of potential energy, we produce tons of kinetic energy, we certainly do more then survive, breed, then die. All life does follow the life cycle though, all life that we are certain of at least.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 01:13 AM
link   
It could be argued that our perception of linear time and a causal reality is preventing us from realizing the true nature of life. But I'm just dealing with the idea regarding what is life's ultimate purpose from the basic understanding of our senses and our minds.

Personally, I find it extremely hard to believe that existence is accidental. The universe is so intricate, complex, and exactly balanced that life couldn't be accidental or merely a by product of the universe. For me, nothing can exist without contributing to the function of the whole universe, even if that contribution seems to be a minor consideration compared to the massiveness of the cosmos.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

So what you have explained cannot be luck. It sounds like someone designed life.

I am purposely not making any reference to intelligent design as tempting as that may be.

An atheist may make the claim that by the shear weight of the numbers, the universe and life would eventually have to exist by "accident". But I like the fine Swiss watch analogy regarding the idea that life was an accident.

If you have all of the thousands of parts for a fine Swiss watch in a box, how long would it take for you to shake the parts around until they randomly assembled into a perfectly functioning watch that was set to the proper time?

How long would it take if no one was there to shake the box around?
edit on 27-11-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join