It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Dem now sees no 'value' in impeachment, as polls show falling support among independents

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Well it appears saner minds may now be taking over?

www.foxnews.com...

Michigan Democratic Rep. Brenda Lawrence, a prominent supporter of Kamala Harris who has previously supported the impeachment inquiry into President Trump, abruptly announced Sunday that she no longer saw any "value" in the process and called for her fellow Democrats to throw their support behind a symbolic censure resolution.

No "value" in the process?
now?
wow?
What was the whole last month for then?

Lawrence's about-face came as polls have shown that independents are souring on the idea of impeaching and removing Trump from office, including in critical battleground states like Wisconsin, even as House Democrats aggressively presented their focus-group-tested "bribery" case against the president over the past two weeks.

Ahhh
The old indicator of the prevailing winds.......
Still drives some it seems.

"We are so close to an election," Lawrence said Sunday on a Michigan radio program, noting that Trump stands little chance of being convicted by the GOP-controlled Senate. "I will tell you, sitting here knowing how divided this country is, I don't see the value of taking him out of office. But I do see the value of putting down a marker saying his behavior is not acceptable. It's in violation of the oath of office of a president of the United States, and we have to be clear that you cannot use your power of the presidency to withhold funds to get a foreign country to investigate an American citizen for your own personal gain. There's no way around that."

Lawrence continued: "I want him censured. I want it on the record that the House of Representatives did their job and they told this president and any president coming behind him that this is unacceptable behavior and, under our Constitution, we will not allow it. ... I am a Democrat, but I am an independent United States of America citizen."

Censured.
Mkay.
A party line vote for such would accomplish what exactly?
Remind us how much some of the house dems hate the potus?

ok
if you say so

it appears to me the farce is almost at an end
and not soon enough

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I think that the congressmen and congresswomen should vote how the majority of their citizens of their state want them to vote on this. When they follow strict political lines they are not voting as their citizens would want.

This whole impeachment sham is just a sham, past presidents have withheld support to other countries to get what they want done. I think that the investigation Trump wanted needs to be done, it will either clear Biden or show what he did was wrong. Trump never asked the head of the Ukraine to make up stuff against Biden, only to get back to investigating the barisma ordeal and to investigate if Biden was involved in a coverup.

Trump did not start an investigation in this country of the opposite party candidate, he is pressing for an investigation that needs to be done in another country on a person who might have been covering up deceit. What Biden did was probably not illegal, but it still was not right.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

She doesn't want to lose that gravy train of a job and with elections coming she is backtracking and getting nervous of losing that job.

She is spinning because she knows she might be gone!

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
I agree.
If they do not vote with their constituents they will get voted out.

If this goes to the senate I think a lot more will be exposed than those doing the investigating want to be exposed.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963
I don't think any of them want to lose an election.
I also think they were told there would be actual evidence and not purely political bs.

Either way I think the house is facing an unhappy electorate.
They have done nothing of substance.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Democrats, Schiff, in particular, are suffering from premature impeachment, LOL now it has no value? was that the quote? They mean no value politically, Trump should LOL and probably will bang this obvious point home It was a politically motivated impeachment attempt no more no less.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: rickymouse
I agree.
If they do not vote with their constituents they will get voted out.

If this goes to the senate I think a lot more will be exposed than those doing the investigating want to be exposed.

They need to do an investigation into Schiff's involvement in the impeachment hearings, he has crossed the line of legality more than a few times. Republicans tend to vote more for the majority of the voters in their districts than Dems do.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I've been registered as an Independent since 18 (not in a key battleground state, though) and I haven't even devoted a single minute to the impeachment sideshow. That is how much I care. In fact, a lot of my more reasonable democrat friends don't give a damn either. That is the problem with reactionary politics is each time you pull another stunt you lose a bit of your punch and after a while you're no longer getting the reaction you had on your way up. Unfortunately, as is the custom, this is typically when the opposition starts gaining traction with their reactionary nonsense. And then the process repeats and we are forever trapped in a toxic feedback loop where critical, free-thinking dies from a lack of oxygen.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I'll be disappointed if they don't vote to file articles of impeachment, but not surprised.

We're getting robbed of a glorious s**t show that would have made for spectacular TV in the Senate trial.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
All Republicans should vote for impeachment to push it to the Senate anyway. It's the Republicans turn to use this disaster for their own political purposes and election interference.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: sooth

I paid enough attention to it to make sure there really wasn't any there there because it was always possibly the Democrats did have something two years of Mueller failed to turn up, but it quickly became apparent they were simply painting a partisan view of the call transcript that had been released before they even got going.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
I've been registered as an Independent since 18 (not in a key battleground state, though) and I haven't even devoted a single minute to the impeachment sideshow. That is how much I care. In fact, a lot of my more reasonable democrat friends don't give a damn either. That is the problem with reactionary politics is each time you pull another stunt you lose a bit of your punch and after a while you're no longer getting the reaction you had on your way up. Unfortunately, as is the custom, this is typically when the opposition starts gaining traction with their reactionary nonsense. And then the process repeats and we are forever trapped in a toxic feedback loop where critical, free-thinking dies from a lack of oxygen.

I don't think a lot of Americans care, and I agree they are "losing their punch".
It is a toxic feedback loop.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
All Republicans should vote for impeachment to push it to the Senate anyway. It's the Republicans turn to use this disaster for their own political purposes and election interference.

TOTALLY DISAGREE.
No reason for the GOP to vote for for impeachment just to get the DEMs to the senate for trial. NOBODY in the GOP wants to go on record voting against a republican POTUS.

Republicans should all NO VOTE the measure so the Democrats have to kill the measure with THEIR OWN votes -
or endure the pain that's going to come when the Senate gathers trial evidence.

Either was the resulting humiliation will be a entertaining spectacle.

ganjoa

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Nothing says "Holy $**t, we need to turn away from this impeachment process" like having the inquiry/investigation end up like EVERY OTHER INVESTIGATION INTO THE PRESIDENT over the last several years - doing nothing but compiling evidence against the left.

The only difference now is that we're close to an election...... and people do remember things.

OK, as a whole, people can't remember what happened 10 months ago, but that 10-month mark is going to get us **awfully close** to the election.

Can't have people remembering what happened when they go to vote; gotta make sure everyone is stupid and forgets everything before they get to the ballot box...

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

The only difference now is that we're close to an election...... and people do remember things.

qft
tho I don't think this stink will wash off the house dems in time

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Probably because Sondland admits there is no evidence of quid-pro-quo, and he never thought anything wrong was going on.

Yet Sondland noted that “we did not think we were engaging in improper behavior” — that no one expressed any concerns. And he admitted that Trump never told him of any “preconditions” for aid or a meeting.

“No one on this planet told you that President Trump was tying aid to investigations. Yes or no?”, he answered, “Yes.”

“So you really have no testimony today that ties President Trump to a scheme to withhold aid from Ukraine in exchange for these investigations.”
Sondland’s answer: “Other than my own presumption.”

Sondland testified, he saw no link between investigations and aid or a Trump-Zelensky meeting. And, he stressed repeatedly, he had no clue at all, ’til “late in the game,” that Joe or Hunter Biden was remotely tied to any of this.
He also admits his current take on it all is shaped by what he’s read about others’ testimony — not his own recollections.

nypost.com...

Nor did anyone else.

“Did anyone ever ask you to bribe or extort anyone at any time during your time in the White House?" House Intelligence Committee Ranking Member Devin Nunes, R-Calif., asked at one point in Tuesday's afternoon hearing.

Former National Security Council (NSC) aide Tim Morrison: "No."

Former U.S. Special Representative for Ukraine Kurt Volker: “No."

"Mr. Morrison, you were on that call, and there was no quid pro quo, correct? No bribery? No extortion?"

"Correct," Morrison replied in response to each question.

"And, Ambassador Volker, I presume you got a readout of the call. ... Was there any reference to withholding aid? Any reference to bribery? Any reference to quid pro quo? Any reference to extortion?"

"No, there was not," Volker replied, again and again.

edit on 26-11-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

If the vote went towards impeachment, then the Senate would have it and they'd subpoena Schiff to testify.

This isn't about Trump at all.

This is about hiding the coup attempt.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

No reason for the GOP to vote for for impeachment just to get the DEMs to the senate for trial.

There is reason enough for me to support it. I want Schiff, the whistleblower, the FBI agent that violated the FISA process and the Bidens on the stand. You might be alright with all this projection from the left, but I'm not and anyone who was involved in this sham process of impeachment needs to be addressed. They literally are trying to undo a Democratic election.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

As Nelson on the Simpsons would say :Ha-ha.

The Dems are in a horrible position that they themselves put themselves in.

There is no realistic option that works for them now that their week a hearings were a full fizzle.

1. If they don't have the votes, it's a failure of Massive scale.
2. If they do vote to Impeach, it goes to the Senate, where their sham of a reason gets exposed, PLUS a whole lot more. And the Senate does not Impeach.

They are stuck between a Boulder and a Mountain right now. Better do like James Franco and cut off some limbs to save themselves.

edit on 26-11-2019 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
"T'is the reason,

For the Treason!"
-DB

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join