It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious virus shuts down every Colorado school in this area

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

From what I remember, the reason Norovirus seems like an unlikely explanation is because a group of people typically get it from eating bad food and there's an incubation period which isn't the same for everyone, so the fact a large number of people were getting sick on the same day, and also across a wide number of schools, is strange.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Having direct contact with an infected person does it also.

Had it last year, caught it from the weans, who got it at school, from other weans not through food at the school all the same.

2 days of thinking i was dying.

It's a nasty bastard and then some, then again who likes being constantly sick and crapping???

I thought i had dysentery. LoL

edit on 21-11-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: waftist

Sounds pretty serious...found this reported last hour

"Onset of symptoms for both types of viruses, including vomiting, is incredibly fast. The second version also causes fever in several cases," the district statement said. The health department says it is working to identify the illness, which is "acting a lot like norovirus" and lasts between 12-24 hours. Norovirus, sometimes called the "stomach bug," is easily spread through direct contact, consuming contaminated food or water, or touching contaminated surfaces and then putting your hands in your mouth, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Something in the food perhaps? That's the only way it could be so widespread it seems, or water maybe?

Vomiting and the dioreah, all it takes is for somebody to contaminate the hand rails on a school bus.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Having direct contact with an infected person does it also.

Yes but I believe a person is only contagious after the incubation period, in order for a large group of people numbering in the hundreds to all fall sick at approximately the same time, they all had to be exposed to a source of Norovirus at the same time. Back in 2011 one of the most common explanations provided was contaminated food because of the sudden and rapid onset of symptoms all on the same day. That wouldn't occur if it were being transmitted purely through physical contact like most other viruses.
edit on 21/11/2019 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Either way mate, i would not wish the experience on my worst enemy.

The incubation period was around two days if memory serves.

It was nasty. LoL

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The incubation period was around two days if memory serves.

A quick search says it's between 12 and 48 hours with an average of 33 hours, which is a fair amount of time and quite a bit of variation. In several of the cases I listed on my 2011 thread the symptoms were so sudden and so synchronized between students that they suspected it was something in the air. In the case which prompted me to post that thread they thought it was carbon monoxide poisoning and in another case they thought it was a gas leak but air tests came back negative every time. And in every case the symptoms were the same and they had a hard time determining the cause, nearly all of them said it was an unknown virus at the start, then it was suspected to be the Norovirus but there was no clear conclusion provided. I'm no expert but I would imagine Norovirus is fairly easy to test for.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Ok I gotta go but don't let this thread die guys, I really get the feeling there's something linking these events to the 2011 events. If anyone has any more information or theories about what's happening please share with us. This is a rabbit hole worth digging into if anyone has the time, and it's important we know what's really going on if we want to avoid it in the future.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Do you know something the medical community does not know?

It's a virus spread by human contact from fecal matter on their hands and believe it or not, even if you wash regularly, you likely have fecal matter on your hands right now. Anything lots of people touch can spread it. Touch your bathroom sink and you can spread fecal matter because it's all over your bathroom, even on your toothbrush.

It's also spread by the vomiting with entire restaurants being infected after someone with it throws up.

I've had it once. It pops up here in Alaska often with tourists bringing it with them. A school bathroom could spread it just like on cruise ships.

What is it you think? Some kind of government conspiracy to spread the trots? I don't see the conspiracy angle?

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Well, hopefully, it all clears up relatively soon.

Nasty thing to have for Christmas.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Its already been mentions but its Norovirus. The symptoms match and it spreads like you would not believe.

They did the right thing to close the schools. You have to let it burn itself out

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
Ok I gotta go but don't let this thread die guys, I really get the feeling there's something linking these events to the 2011 events. If anyone has any more information or theories about what's happening please share with us. This is a rabbit hole worth digging into if anyone has the time, and it's important we know what's really going on if we want to avoid it in the future.

Or..it's exactly what is being reported..Norovirus.

Do you have any other proof other than your "Awakened Mind" senses that make you think it's not what is being reported?

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I don't see a single thing saying it is norovirus. Where is everyone getting that from?
If it is just from symptoms, that's just a guess until it is examined in a lab. From what I've read that takes at least a week if not longer.

a “second, related virus that is affecting students” and that the “combination of the two has created an unprecedented spread of illness.”

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

You know, I got it from an ABC news story, but looking back at it, it said it acts like the norovirus but its not confirmed yet. You may have a point, but I think there is a good chance that's what it is. Symptoms match and I'd imagine they are just waiting for lab cultures or something.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

You know, I got it from an ABC news story, but looking back at it, it said it acts like the norovirus but its not confirmed yet. You may have a point, but I think there is a good chance that's what it is. Symptoms match and I'd imagine they are just waiting for lab cultures or something.

health.mesacounty.us...

This illness is unique in its rapid onset of symptoms, and person-to-person spread. We’re hearing reports that a person might feel just fine, and in less than an hour’s time have a vomiting episode, sometimes in public places. That’s causing the further spread of the illness and making it more concerning than a typical gastrointestinal virus, much like norovirus.

Much like, but not confirmed, within an hour? That doesn't seem like norovirus.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
There's a newer thread about this. It's Norovirus. It SUCKS, but it's short lived and rarely life threatening. Just puke and poop for 12-24 hours.

All too familiar with Noro myself, it indeed sucks immensely. You end up in the bathroom trying to figure out if your butt goes on the toilet first, or your head in it first, because you're going to grapple with both at the same time at least once.

And gatorade/powerade doesn't cut it, you give up & start chugging Pedialyte to keep the electrolytes balanced.

Pedialyte is NASTY, I don't understand how a kid, no matter how sick, thinks it tastes good

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Actually it does, but I'm sure they will know soon enough. When I had it, I was fine one moment and sitting on the throne with a garbage pail in front of me minutes later and sick as a dog. It hit me all at once, out of the blue.

In one report I recall reading, one person in a restaurant threw up and half the people there came down with it.

I'd kind of be surprised if it's not that.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: opethPA

I don't see a single thing saying it is norovirus. Where is everyone getting that from?
If it is just from symptoms, that's just a guess until it is examined in a lab. From what I've read that takes at least a week if not longer.

a “second, related virus that is affecting students” and that the “combination of the two has created an unprecedented spread of illness.”

A fair point on your part.

All indications are that it's norovirus including symptoms and suspected transmission methods.
Not reading anything in the reports of symptoms that dont match up to that.

www.cbsnews.com...

edit on 21-11-2019 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Blaine91555

health.mesacounty.us...

This illness is unique in its rapid onset of symptoms, and person-to-person spread. We’re hearing reports that a person might feel just fine, and in less than an hour’s time have a vomiting episode, sometimes in public places. That’s causing the further spread of the illness and making it more concerning than a typical gastrointestinal virus, much like norovirus.

Much like, but not confirmed, within an hour? That doesn't seem like norovirus.

Taken from your own source... " Additionally, not all illnesses are reportable to public health. Norovirus is so common that labs and doctors’ offices aren’t required to report these illnesses to the local public health agency."

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
dup
edit on 21-11-2019 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Oh I'm sorry guys, I thought this was a freaking conspiracy forum and when weird stuff happens we look into. It very well could simply be Norovirus, in fact there's a high chance it is, but this is certainly not your typical Norovirus strain, it's a highly contagious and fast acting strain which doesn't seem to arise very often. The article from the OP literally says they had to take "highly unusual action" to contain the spread and just like the events in 2011 they are having trouble pinning down the cause but they suspect Norovirus. To tell me that isn't strange and I shouldn't bother looking into it is absolute BS, go find another forum rather than a conspiracy forum if you want to instantly believe the approved MSM narrative.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join