It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious virus shuts down every Colorado school in this area

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I thought this was a freaking conspiracy forum and when weird stuff happens we look into.

"We" did look into it.

Feel free to run in circles, scream and shout, though.

edit on 11/22/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So you looked into it and your conclusion is this is a completely typical strain of Norovirus?

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Yeah. That's my conclusion.

What's yours?

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Since it seems clear that basically no one except the OP has read through the 2011 thread, here are just a few of the many cases that I covered in that thread, most of which occurred in the same week. It was seen as a highly unusual occurrence back then just as it is now. Read through these articles and then come back and tell me there's absolutely nothing here to worry about and we should just forget about it.

St. John Central High School, Belmont County, Ohio - 14 people ill - 3rd Nov 2011

BELLAIRE, Ohio -- A principal and 13 students were treated at local hospitals after a becoming ill at a Belmont County high school.

Initially, officials thought the students became ill from a natural gas leak, but Columbia Gas workers said there were no signs of a leak. And as of 5 p.m., it was still unknown what made people at St. John Central High School sick.

Belmont County emergency dispatchers said they initially received reports that several people at the school were suffering from headaches, eye irritation, vomiting and nausea.

"Emergency responders immediately conducted tests and determined there were no elevated levels of natural gas or carbon monoxide in the structure Thursday," stated a news release from Pat DeFrancis, director of communications for the Diocese of Steubenville.

13 students taken to hospitals after becoming sick at St. John Central; cause unknown

Joy Elementary School, Sioux City, Iowa - 85 people ill - 2nd Nov 2011

SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KTIV) - More than 85 children at Joy Elementary in Sioux City were out sick Wednesday. Superintendent Paul Gausman says they aren't seeing this at other schools within the district.

He says they will be contacting all parents at the school to address the issue. Many students are experiencing flu like symptoms, but it's unclear what is causing them to be sick.

Gausman says they're disinfecting the building and watching the numbers closely.

School officials to address sick children issue at Joy Elementary

Alcott Elementary School, Hastings, Nebraska - 80 people ill - 28th Oct 2011

Cleaning crews spent part of the weekend cleaning a Hastings elementary school after more than 80 students came down with flu like symptoms on Friday.

A number of students called out sick. Does this mean the flu has hit the Tri-Cities?

Unofficially, experts think the students suffered from the Norovirus, otherwise known as the stomach flu rather than the influenza virus.
The Norovirus is highly contagious and given the close quarters in school, it did spread fast.

Crews clean school after dozens of students become sick

Orange Unified Elementary Schools, Orange County, California - 128 people ill - 12th Oct 2011

Nearly 130 sixth-grade students from two Orange Unified elementary schools are ailing after contracting a virus from an unknown source during a field trip to Big Bear Mountain this week.

Officials said initially about three dozen students from Crescent and Olive schools contracted Norovirus, which causes acute gastroenteritis, commonly known as the stomach flu, prompting them to abort the trip on Wednesday – just two days after 230 students arrived at Camp Cedar Crest in Running Springs.

Symptoms of the virus include diarrhea, vomiting and stomach pain.

The number of cases grew to 128 over the last three days, officials said.

Johnson said that health officials had ruled out food poisoning. But there was still no known cause for the outbreak.

"When I got there, I saw so many sick kids," she said. "It looked like an infirmary. My daughter had vomit in her hair. It was just awful."

At the camp, crews have spent the past two days deep-cleaning the buildings, Johnson said.

"They're using chlorine-based cleaners to sanitize floors, walls, surfaces and other areas," Johnson said.

Nearly 130 sickened from school field trip

Beartooth Elementary School, Billings, Montana - 230 people ill - 8th Sept

Nearly half the students from Beartooth Elementary called in sick Friday as health officials continue to work to find out what's making them ill.

In all, about 230 students were absent Friday, up from the 100 who called in or went home sick on Thursday. The school has about 460 students.

RiverStone Health is investigating the cause of the illness. Symptoms include nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.

Many parents had speculated that it was some type of food poisoning, she said.

But Landers doesn't think so. Both of her children pack cold lunches and did so all week.

District custodians cleaned Beartooth on Thursday with bleach and will do so again over the weekend, Beeman said.

More Beartooth Elementary students call in sick

Fairview Elementary School, Oconto County, Wisconsin - 23 people ill - Oct 27 2011

CHASE — Oconto County health officials are looking into what could have caused nearly two dozens Fairview Elementary School students to go home sick this week with gastrointestinal symptoms that included vomiting.

No classes were held at the school on Friday and Pulaski School District Superintendent Mel Lightner said the source of the sickness was unknown Friday. The Oconto County Public Health Division is investigating, and test results will be available early next week.

“We had 12 students that did not attend school on Thursday. The majority of them had symptoms of nausea, vomiting or diarrhea. We sent 11 children home on Thursday,” Lightner said Friday.

Workers cleaned doorknobs, bathrooms and “everything that kids come in contact with,” Lightner said. School is set to reopen Monday.

Pulaski closes Fairview Elementary for today because of sick students

edit on 22/11/2019 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I clearly stated on the last page I think there's a high chance it's a very contagious strain of the Norovirus. If it were just a typical strain of Norovirus then why would it require "highly unusual action" to contain it?

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
It very well could simply be Norovirus, in fact there's a high chance it is, but this is certainly not your typical Norovirus strain, it's a highly contagious and fast acting strain which doesn't seem to arise very often. The article from the OP literally says they had to take "highly unusual action" to contain the spread and just like the events in 2011 they are having trouble pinning down the cause but they suspect Norovirus.

"We are taking this highly unusual action because this virus is extremely contagious and spreading quickly across our schools," district nursing coordinator Tanya Marvin said in a news release.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

To tell me that isn't strange and I shouldn't bother looking into it is absolute BS, go find another forum rather than a conspiracy forum if you want to instantly believe the approved MSM narrative.

EXACTLY!

www.foxnews.com...

'unprecedented spread'

Even if it is norovirus, it seems different.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I'm still a little lost on the conspiracy angle here. Even if it is a worse strain of norovirus, it's still not a conspiracy.

It's not being hidden. They are taking logical steps to contain it. Where is the conspiracy?

I suppose you could make something up in the Skunk Works category. It could be real boon for the toilet paper industry and cleaning products I guess.
edit on 11/22/2019 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I'm still a little lost on the conspiracy angle here.

I can think of a dozen things:

Is it a biological attack
Is it lab grown
Is it worse than we are seeing being told
Is it a test
Are they testing children first
It is environmental and not really a virus
Is there a connection to other outbreaks

etc...that's the conspiracy spin

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Well then it's the Russian's right
It's got to be the Russians. Shut down the schools and dumb down our kids, but I think they are a bit late for that one.

I get it, I just don't see an angle with this yet beyond it could be worse than we are being told. They do downplay flu outbreak death tolls every year so as not to cause a needless panic. The large mortality rate in care facilities due to the flu is alarming.

Might be a way to reduce the population of old and infirm. What do ya know, I guess I can come up with one. Save Social Security by giving all the old people fatal back door trots.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Ok how about this spin,

It's happening in District 51

Also, maybe it's just norovirus, but what is this second other virus tagging along?

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I've been a lurker a long time but created an account for this. I live in Grand Junction and it's been crazy. I'm not sure why they say it only lasts 12-24 hours. The people that have it, including me, are taking at least 3 days to feel normal again. It could be norovirus, our health department is trying to get stool samples to verify it. Until then, they just say it appears to be norovirus I'm a longtime teacher and I've never seen a bug spread this fast. I'm glad we shut the schools but afraid of what the holidays will bring.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoggy
I've been a lurker a long time but created an account for this. I live in Grand Junction and it's been crazy. I'm not sure why they say it only lasts 12-24 hours. The people that have it, including me, are taking at least 3 days to feel normal again. It could be norovirus, our health department is trying to get stool samples to verify it. Until then, they just say it appears to be norovirus I'm a longtime teacher and I've never seen a bug spread this fast. I'm glad we shut the schools but afraid of what the holidays will bring.

Thank you for chiming in. It's always interesting to hear first hand sources.
I also read that it is not one virus but two.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
We are hearing it's the same one, just evolved now with added fever (oh yay!) People that finally had gotten over the first are now getting this one. Our hospitals are limiting visitors. They are sending messages telling people to limit contact. Yet, we still have our huge "Lighting up Main Street" event tomorrow. Odd choices are being made.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoggy

So the stool samples are a method of identifying/confirming norovirus I am assuming. In the previous cases Chaotic Order listed, were stool samples taken and verified in any of those cases? All those articles and no followup about what it was. If it was norovirus or a virus of any type, couldn't they have determined that afterwards... at some point? As far as conspiracy, the only thing I would guess is perhaps it is a new or super virus that officials do not want to reveal because either they don't know anything about it or they do and do not want to evoke panic. Just speculating here, but the thing that puzzles is that there was never any conclusive evidence for the 2011 cases. That seems strange in this day and age.

I still wonder about tainted food too, because that could be something that was in all those schools and ingested at the same time. Nororvirus can be caught from food and water

I also wonder if this is norovirus, why aren't family members and neighbors of these kids getting sick at home? I guess they could be and we just don'[t here about it, but if it is that contagious, it seems like it would still be spreading enough to make the news.

* Big skunkworks like leap here.....* Interesting enough in 2011 there was movie called Contagion that was about a super virus.
edit on 5pmf30015730 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: waftist

Interesting enough in 2011 there was movie called Contagion that was about a super virus.

Are people dropping dead?

In my day we called it the 24 hour flu.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoggy

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, if you hear anything about the test results let us know.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: waftist
a reply to: Phoggy

I also wonder if this is norovirus, why aren't family members and neighbors of these kids getting sick at home? I guess they could be and we just don'[t here about it, but if it is that contagious, it seems like it would still be spreading enough to make the news.

There was actually one case in 2011 which mentioned an outbreak spreading throughout the community, in that case they thought it was Shigella (an intestinal bacteria with symptoms very similar to Norovirus). Shigella also takes a day or two after exposure to the bacteria before symptoms arise.

All Worth County Schools, Worth County, Missouri - 260 people ill - 28th Oct 2011

Worth County, GA (WALB) - Worth County schools are being disinfected to protect students from a bacterial infection. Schools are closed Monday and Tuesday because of a Shigella outbreak. It is an intestinal bacterial infection.

And it is not just confined to schools, already 260 possible cases have spread throughout the community. George Hall is a concerned parent. He said, "Kids touch each other at a young age and contact is what is spreading the virus."

While school is closed, classrooms are being cleaned and sanitized. They are fogging, they are bringing in a machine and it kinds of mists the entire room so all surfaces in classrooms are getting fogged.

School buses are also being disinfected. School officials say bus drivers have all been given cleaning solution so daily they will be cleaning down the buses.

School closed for disinfecting after Shigella outbreak

In a normal case of Norovirus or Shigella a person will wake up feeling ill because they caught it the day before and while they sleep the virus goes through it's incubation period, so they stay home from school/work. In these cases the onset of the illness was so rapid many kids were getting sick at approximately the same time while at school. The case which promoted me to create that 2011 thread was even stranger because a firefighter who arrived on the scene even fell ill, making them believe it was carbon monoxide poisoning, but nothing was found in the air.

Barnett Stadium, Houston, Texas - 23 people ill - 4th Nov 2011

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Nearly two dozen people fell ill at a high school football game Friday night in southeast Houston.

All 22 Austin High School students who were taken to hospitals Friday had returned home and were recovering Saturday. No students were hospitalized overnight.

Officials said it happened just after halftime, shortly before 9pm. Part of the stadium had to be evacuated while a decontamination zone was set up for sick students.

Symptoms included nausea, vomiting, difficulty breathing, coughing and a scratchy throat.

One firefighter was also treated
, but was OK and we're told he drove some of the patients to the hospital.

On Saturday, the HazMat team again reported no readings on any monitors for any substance at the scene. Tests for chemicals in the air and on the students' band instruments also came back negative.

Nearly 2 dozen fall ill at HS football game at Barnett Stadium

edit on 23/11/2019 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

There is one thing that comes to mind when I read this.

Food supply was the first thing that came to mind.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

It gives you the super skitters and you puke for about 48 hours max.

A load of sweating and shaking aka fever.

It's not the end of the world, even if it does feel that way.

Well, that's if its Norovirus.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Wednesday night my child threw up at college four times at a University near Greenville and Clemson SC. He went to urgent care Thursday morning. He had two IVbags, antibiotics, and anti nausea pills issued to him. A girl was also in there with the same symptoms. We feel he got it from the campus food court spoons and tongs people use at the buffet. Germy mess, everyone need to use hand sanitizer before you eat. You are all relying on everyone else to wash their hands too. I hate buffets. Anyone supplying these school cafeterias could have in advertantly spread the germs to the foods. A mass bacterial food poisoning. On Sunday he felt normal. College kids need to take more time weekly to wash bedding, towels, kitchen towels and dish rags in hot soapy load. Also buy handsanitizer for your book bag and car. Use disenfectant wipes on steering wheels and TV remotes and apartment door knobs and refrigerator handle. Sweep the kitchen floors and empty the trash. I offered to drive up and clean their kitchen and community bathroom in a four males germ pit apartment. Last year he lived with his brother and nobody got sick. They were raised to wash their hands when they came in the house from public. Also I have bought them lots of handsanitizer, perfect stocking stuffer. I asked them to put it in their cup holders. When they were little I had the hand sanitizer on the step in the garage. I told them if some one is coughing at school step back seven steps. Germs are real and dangerous.
edit on 25-11-2019 by frugal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join