It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

-@TH3WH17ERABB17- -Q- Questions. White House Insider's postings -PART- -22-

page: 156
<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe
a reply to: cfnyaami

I think its safe to say that ANY member of Congress who has been there as long as Mitch and some of the others, is corrupt in some way, shape or form. The Swamp corrupts everyone.

The founding fathers knew this, and it's why they built staggered, periodic ejection mechanisms into the Constitution for politicians:

Four years for President (all subject to reelection of course)
Six years for Senator
Two years for Representative
"During good behavior" (life) for judges.

Just because the people (and originally the States for Senators, then the people after the 17th Amend.) don't use them doesn't mean they're not available.
edit on 3-12-2019 by LanceCorvette because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Alright, I am sufficiently confused enough now to humbly ask my American friends an innocent, albeit, perhaps, a 'dumb' question about their form of Government.

You have three co-equal branches of government, correct?

WTF does that even mean?

Co-equal?

What is the point, then, of having a President?

Shouldn't you have THREE Presidents, all whose 'powers' are considered 'co-equal'?

How would that work?

How is your system working for you now, as it is?

Rant over.
edit on 3-12-2019 by CanadianMason because: (no reason given)

(post by AtlantisWasReal removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Televangelist Acton Bowen Pleads Guilty To Sexually Abusing Multiple Children

Suffer the children: Popular Alabama televangelist Acton Bowen pleads guilty to 28 charges of raping and sexually assaulting multiple children between the ages of 12 and 16.

Before his arrest in 2018, Bowen was the host of xlroads TV, a global broadcast reaching millions every week.

ABC News notes:

The news of Bowen’s arrest in 2018 shocked many in east Alabama’s Christian community where he was considered a hometown hero. Bowen had served as chaplain for the 2012 Olympics, made appearances on Fox News, and promoted himself as a spiritual adviser to Hollywood Stars including Justin Beiber

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CanadianMason
Alright, I am sufficiently confused enough now to humbly ask my American friends an innocent, albeit, perhaps, a 'dumb' question about their form of Government.

You have three co-equal branches of government, correct?

WTF does that even mean?

Co-equal?

What is the point, then, of having a President?

Shouldn't you have THREE President, then, all whose 'powers' are considered 'co-equal'?

How would that work?

How is your system working for you now, as it is?

Rant over.

Small question with a huge answer. It's not dissimilar to what you have in Canada with a Parliament, Prime Minister, and the courts.

"Co-equal" is sort of a misnomer. It really means that each branch of government has its own role to serve, it's own little spheres of influence, all as set out in the Constitution. What duty is assigned to one branch cannot be exercised by another.

More like a producer, director, and writer for a movie. Each contributes, they collaberate to an extent, but the writer won't be fundraising, the producer won't be directing scenes, etc.

Here, I've got it bookmarked for you, read what the "powers" of each branch are:

www.usconstitution.net...
edit on 3-12-2019 by LanceCorvette because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow
QMAP #3647

The Logan Act

The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 18 U.S.C. § 953, enacted January 30, 1799) is a United States federal law that criminalizes negotiation by unauthorized persons with foreign governments having a dispute with the United States. The intent behind the Act is to prevent unauthorized negotiations from undermining the government's position.[2] The Act was passed following George Logan's unauthorized negotiations with France in 1798, and was signed into law by President John Adams on January 30, 1799. The Act was amended in 1994, changing the penalty for violation from "fined $5,000" to "fined under this title"; this appears to be the only amendment to the Act.[2] Violation of the Logan Act is a felony.

Did Pelosi commit a felony regarding The Logan Act and why the EF photo is used?

U.S. House Speaker Pelosi says at climate summit: "We are still in"

MADRID (Reuters) - U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi took her duel with Donald Trump to a climate summit on Monday, pledging that Congress would urgently tackle global warming despite the president’s opposition to an international pact.

“By coming here we want to say to everyone we are still in, the United States is still in,” Pelosi told reporters on the first day of the two-week United Nations climate talks in Spain.

edit on 3-12-2019 by LurkNoMore because: Added article😅

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

Seriously....what gives one member of Congress the right to spy on another member. One in the same committee as him! This is nuts!

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LurkNoMore

It's very frustrating to read that a corrupt, demented hag from California claims to speak for me on any issue. I live in the upper Midwest. She most certainly DOES NOT speak for me.

I am not interested in the left's climate bullsh*t.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Seriously....what gives one member of Congress the right to spy on another member. One in the same committee as him! This is nuts!

That's exactly what Schiff is claiming is an impeachable offense on Trump's part.

But it's OK for him to do it...

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AtlantisWasReal

Uh...I don't advise joining.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Coming to you very soon

”Have you ever shared a meme that you didn’t make? Or downloaded a photo you saw on social media? If Congress has its way, you could soon get slapped with a $15,000 fine by copyright trolls––with no chance of appeal––just for doing normal stuff on the Internet.
These trolls buy up copyrights with the sole intent of sending out mass threats and lawsuits to harvest settlements. Now, a dangerous new bill called the Copyright Alternative in Small Claims Enforcement (CASE) Act is sailing through Congress to make it easier for everyone from trolls to Hollywood producers to sue you. And it just slipped through a Senate Committee, clearing the way for a full Senate vote.”

actionnetwork.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LanceCorvette

a reply to: cfnyaami

I think its safe to say that ANY member of Congress who has been there as long as Mitch and some of the others, is corrupt in some way, shape or form. The Swamp corrupts everyone.

The founding fathers knew this, and it's why they built staggered, periodic ejection mechanisms into the Constitution for politicians:

Four years for President (all subject to reelection of course)
Six years for Senator
Two years for Representative
"During good behavior" (life) for judges.

Just because the people (and originally the States for Senators, then the people after the 17th Amend.) don't use them doesn't mean they're not available.

Too bad the term limits set in the constitution are recognize it as "unlimited terms."

Senators have unlimited 6 year terms. Unlimited 2 years for congress etc. Effectively making it a lifelong position if the voters decide so. Terms should be limited all together if they're going to call it "term limits" not "hey, you can be elected as many times as you want, and the election is every 6 years."

How Biden Biden was elected a senator for 36 years is beyond me. They should be limited to a max number of years just like the President. These unlimited limits are hogwash at best.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: PokeyJoe

PJ, The "presumed" interest of the US in the UK's National Health Service is:

a) Outsourcing of service - i.e. Private Hospitals, procedures and assessment technology,
b) Selling of DRUGS, which is a large cost component of the NHS.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
a reply to: LurkNoMore

It's very frustrating to read that a corrupt, demented hag from California claims to speak for me on any issue. I live in the upper Midwest. She most certainly DOES NOT speak for me.

I am not interested in the left's climate bullsh*t.

It is pathetic that Crazy Pelosi whoms own district is in shambles has the nerve to even attend yet “represent us.” Go home and sign the USMCA Trade deal and clean up you’re own mess in your district!

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LurkNoMore
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow
QMAP #3647

The Logan Act

The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 18 U.S.C. § 953, enacted January 30, 1799) is a United States federal law that criminalizes negotiation by unauthorized persons with foreign governments having a dispute with the United States. The intent behind the Act is to prevent unauthorized negotiations from undermining the government's position.[2] The Act was passed following George Logan's unauthorized negotiations with France in 1798, and was signed into law by President John Adams on January 30, 1799. The Act was amended in 1994, changing the penalty for violation from "fined $5,000" to "fined under this title"; this appears to be the only amendment to the Act.[2] Violation of the Logan Act is a felony.

Did Pelosi commit a felony regarding The Logan Act and why the EF photo is used?

U.S. House Speaker Pelosi says at climate summit: "We are still in"

MADRID (Reuters) - U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi took her duel with Donald Trump to a climate summit on Monday, pledging that Congress would urgently tackle global warming despite the president’s opposition to an international pact.

“By coming here we want to say to everyone we are still in, the United States is still in,” Pelosi told reporters on the first day of the two-week United Nations climate talks in Spain.

I don't think she did because shes not negotiating anything or making treaties, shes stating her opinion, and the opinions of her constituents that they still care about climate change.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

It's maddening.

Nothing is done time and time again to Democrats who break the law.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
How's this for ridiculous?

2019 - Turner Prize for Creative Art - 4 shortlisted - Kentlive article

...I'm watching the announcement of the winner live on BBC... the editor of Vogue preambles to present the prize to the winner:
"The 4 shortlisted artists decided to form a collective... the committee has awarded the prize to the collective!"

So the shortlisted have a backroom chat and say "Hey if we form a collective then we can ALL win" - how ridiculous!

Meh - just another concocted situation to cause headlines and distract!!!!!
edit on 3-12-2019 by RelSciHistItSufi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
More Domino falling
are you sure nothing is Happening

Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin stepping down as CEO and president

abcnews.go.com...

Google's founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin have announced they’re stepping down as CEO and president, respectively, from the company they built in a blogpost Tuesday.

Sundar Pichai will be Alphabet Inc's new CEO, the statement added.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Trillium
Deleted mine duplicate to your post but interesting timing! Shake ups definitely happening everywhere.
edit on 3-12-2019 by SouthernGift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Wrong question.

What if every politico wanted to spy on each other but had no mechanism to do so?

Question is why are there dozens of mechanisms of an Amoral nature willing to spy on whomever for money or worse?

This system as ALWAYS been there, always. The population is just now seeing it in greater detail and understanding the ramifications.

Irony. The spying system was set up precisely to PREVENT DJT or similar from rising to that position? Galactic Failure I'd say.

new topics

top topics

<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join