It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 year Friendship. Walk away or not?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

You already know the answer, it is painful but you know. You have probably known for a while.

Stop kidding yourself and move on and give yourself a chance at real happiness. When you find
another lady, just watch how her tune will change.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I value everyone’s option, nice one.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
You already know the answer, it is painful but you know.

Jesus Christ, people, enough. We all know the answer shouldn't be painful, the SOLUTION needs to be painful.

OP, go out and seek thine vengeance.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
...but I've run into those types before myself.

With a motor vehicle? Because that's the way a pro handles this.

While I find that hilarious, and I've fantasized about such things with the crazy types before (that doesn't make me crazy too, does it? Because my therapist says I'm fine so long as I show up every other day)....

Give the person what they want, space, wish them the best, do so with kindness and love... And find your own happiness. For whatever reason, some people don't want you, but they don't want you to find happiness afterwards either. If you can find happiness and give them more space than they asked for... it's the best payback.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Run. Run fast, run far. Don’t look back. Find a nice drinking establishment. Do a one night stand about 100 time and find prospective.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

How old is the daughter? Be there for the daughter. Do everything you can to be there for the daughter, but be done wih this lady herself. She is using you and will continue to use you as long as you let her, and she is manipulating you.

Be done with her I. your heart. Move on. Please move on now. Trust your gut on this- I know it is telling you to move on. Only relief and healing and happiness await you from letting her go.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Give the person what they want, space...

Yes. YES!!!! Now you're thinking clearly. Give them space, the cold vacuum of space. Nothing says 'I'm having the last laugh' then watching their eyes pop out of their heads from catastrophic decompression.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Give the person what they want, space...

Yes. YES!!!! Now you're thinking clearly. Give them space, the cold vacuum of space. Nothing says 'I'm having the last laugh' then watching their eyes pop out of their heads from catastrophic decompression.

I read this through the voice of Elon Musk with a maniacal laugh at the end.

You're Musk aren't you? And that wasn't a dummy in the Tesla sent to space, was it?

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Run. Run fast, run far. Don’t look back. Find a nice drinking establishment. Do a one night stand about 100 time and find prospective.

Now this is immediately doable.
She got banned from my Local of choice for reasons I shall keep to myself. A quiet ex free haven surrounded by friends and beer. We have a winner.
The only fly in that particular ointment is they have removed the heaters from the smoking area. Boo.

edit on 30-10-2019 by Cymru because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I read this through the voice of Elon Musk with a maniacal laugh at the end.

You're Musk aren't you? And that wasn't a dummy in the Tesla sent to space, was it?

Uh.....no comment.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Another question for you, is it possible for you to move? Even for a short time, relocate and get a change of scenery?

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
I had considered this but we both work within a 5 minute walk of each other.
Now is not the time to find a new job and relocate unfortunately.
Cracking idea though.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru
I had considered this but we both work within a 5 minute walk of each other.
Now is not the time to find a new job and relocate unfortunately.
Cracking idea though.

How about do your best to avoid her at all costs?

I have a relative going through something very similar right now. He is having such a hard time letting go, and I think the big reason is that they still do so much stuff together.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
"6 months ago She wanted "Her space" and for us to live apart as Boyfriend and Girlfriend (how quiant.)"

she dumped you six months ago. she's had time to work out this breakup in her head and learn to cope without you, but you were left in limbo and having to deal with it "now".

this situation happens way too often, and it always sucks, but, she made the decision to walk, and you can't change or force anything at this point, but the question is, do you want to be a dog, laying at the table waiting for scraps, or do you want to move on and let her know what life is like without you in it?

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I tried that but that evil git fate kept throwing us together. It got that frequent that we joked about it.

Its a good idea however . As much as I kiss them both I’ll never make headway unless something radically changes.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

listen to Kansas. You need to move on. There is a whole other world out there for you. You have to love yourself a bit.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Have you considered kidnapping her and making a dungeon somewhere for her to stay in until she "learns" to appreciate your love? No? I'd say move on then.

Seriously, drop it. And don't take the bait if she comes around after you drop it. It will just be for dramas sake.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
Have you considered kidnapping her and making a dungeon somewhere for her to stay in until she "learns" to appreciate your love?

He's already ignored this very valuable bit of advice.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Move on. Stay friends if you like, but perhaps accept that sometimes things just fizzle out. The ending of something is often hard, but sometimes it's good to accept the horse has bolted.

To quote E Goodman

“There’s a trick to the 'graceful exit.' It begins with the vision to recognize when a job, a life stage, or a relationship is over - and let it go. It means leaving what’s over without denying its validity or its past importance to our lives. It involves a sense of future, a belief that every exit line is an entry, that we are moving up, rather than out.”

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

If she doesn't want to be around then she can't be the one. I would suggest you get to healing and feeling better as soon as you can. Get that started.

My only concern in your situation is this: she gets everything out of her system, parties and has fun to make up for the years of down time and illnesses and then she'll "wise up" and come back to you.

And you take her back happily.

And then she knows she can do that whenever she wants to again.

Respect yourself, so that others may respect you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join