It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 year Friendship. Walk away or not?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Say goodbye and wish her the very best for the future. Do not say anything about the door is open!

Let her discover what the grass color is like on the other river bank.

Meanwhile get on with your life and you will meet another and she may be better for you.

Stop all communications, change your email and sim!

Good luck and go for it!

If one day she has regrets that's her problem but deal with that then but, now forget her!!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yep. If you really care about her then I guess keep the door open but put space between you and plan your future as if she's not gonna be in it. She wants space. Give her space.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Space is a good idea. I also like the idea of just taking her to a second location just to “see” what happens.

He needs a ton of plastic sheeting and a bathtub.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
There's an actual chance she has AIDS now.
Don't risk it.
Tons of ladies out there with tons of new skills.
Don't waste your time with flake-jobs.
Find a nice n' naughty country girl with good morals and marry her.
Wear deodorant, brush your teeth and wear clean undies.
Ladies like the fun, smiling bastards, not the "my ex" whiners.
God speed Mr. Datemaster

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oraculi
a reply to: Cymru

If she doesn't want to be around then she can't be the one. I would suggest you get to healing and feeling better as soon as you can. Get that started.

My only concern in your situation is this: she gets everything out of her system, parties and has fun to make up for the years of down time and illnesses and then she'll "wise up" and come back to you.

And you take her back happily.

And then she knows she can do that whenever she wants to again.

Respect yourself, so that others may respect you.

My Ginger Brother from another Mother and 20 year wingman in work has already made this very clear.
You may be spot on but happily I'm increasingly of the opinion I wont.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oraculi

If she doesn't want to be around then she can't be the one. I would suggest you get to healing and feeling better as soon as you can. Get that started.

My only concern in your situation is this: she gets everything out of her system, parties and has fun to make up for the years of down time and illnesses and then she'll "wise up" and come back to you.

And you take her back happily.

And then she knows she can do that whenever she wants to again.

Respect yourself, so that others may respect you.

This is the real kicker. When her Daughtet was ill she needed me. I was there 100% for four years of the Hospital Hell. Now the stress is over things have changed without even a thank you.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Dude, not to be crude, but she used to be your mate, now is not putting out?

Why waste your time? Even if you still love her, best to find a replacement.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Don't waste your time when the gut/heart already knows the answer

You will die one day, just like the rest of us. You already wasted 20 years on this one by the looks of it, do not do it again and learn from the experience!

I mean, just think about it. You are dying for another person (spending your life minutes worrying about them even now) when they don't give a shieet about you mate.

Does not mean you are worthless or anything negative at all. Someone out there is waiting for you that deserves better just like yourself.

Onwards and upwards!

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Sad to say, but I think she is more than friends with this shrink. There are a lot of unethical people out there. Get out, and save a little dignity.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Have you read this story?
Don't be this guy!

newsely.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Don't be this guy!

newsely.com...

Hell's teeth! That was an eye opener for sure.
One differebce is the "dad" such as he was died early into it's Daughter's illness so thats not an issue. However, thanks for opening my eyes. I kept ud afloat for four years and almost wasted as much money as that wedding would have cost.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru

Don't be this guy!

newsely.com...

Hell's teeth! That was an eye opener for sure.
One difference is the "dad" such as he was died early into it's Daughter's illness so thats not an issue. However, thanks for opening my eyes. I kept ud afloat for four years and almost wasted as much money as that wedding would have cost.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Hell's teeth! That was an eye opener for sure. One differebce is the "dad" such as he was died early into it's Daughter's illness so thats not an issue. However, thanks for opening my eyes. I kept ud afloat for four years and almost wasted as much money as that wedding would have cost.

It doesn't matter if the dad is in the picture or not. The point is, this lady doesn't seem too appreciative of you or things you've done to help.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I vote walk away. I didn't read anything, so I'm the control group of full ignorance aside from your headline.

You wrote that first. So, your first instinct, and my first judgement combined.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Hell's teeth! That was an eye opener for sure. One differebce is the "dad" such as he was died early into it's Daughter's illness so thats not an issue. However, thanks for opening my eyes. I kept ud afloat for four years and almost wasted as much money as that wedding would have cost.

It doesn't matter if the dad is in the picture or not. The point is, this lady doesn't seem too appreciative of you or things you've done to help.

Never a truer word spoken.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
After reading your entire OP. (I barely got through it)

The only space that I would be willing to give her.

Is the space between the arch of her back and the mattress.

edit on 30-10-2019 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I was there 100% for four years of the Hospital Hell. Now the stress is over things have changed without even a thank you.

You're not angry she didn't thank you but that she doesn't dig you or want a relationship with you.

I'm guessing you are an adult and have worked out that people aren't perfect. Some of them don't say thank you.

If you want a detailed explanation why she left you, with equations and a flowchart, you'll have quite the wait.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Perfect is as far from how how I would describe her as possible.
That being said, its not much to ask after everything.
Life, career, health, finances. A hell of a lot has changed due to that situation.
I'll rewatch the Stepdad wedding video previously posted and thank my lucky stars.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

I am quite adept at Fourier Analysis and Laplace Transforms so the below would be handy ...

"If you want a detailed explanation why she left you, with equations and a flowchart, you'll have quite the wait."

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
You sound borderline stalker.

She does not love you.

Sometimes the smartest people.

Don’t have a lick of common sense.

Women want a man. A protector. Not a whiner.

Find someone who loves you more than you love her.

Trust me that’s much easier...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join