It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Christians Choose To Ignore The Bible ?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I'm not sure what you are asking?
Are Christians meant to be judging and condemning ?
What would you suggest is the correct course of action for a Christian to take towards someone who is exercising the freewill gifted them?
Is humanity able to dispense forgiveness and grace towards all sinners? Is it your job to do that or Gods?

I don’t think Christians should be condemning, but at times zazzafrazz , we do need to make judgements. There are some things that simply can’t be allowed to continue, even if mankind does have free will.

If we didn’t have judgements, there would be many rapists, murderers, terrorists, child molesters and sex traffickers out on the streets. There already is too many that have not faced judgement.. do we forgive them all , despite them having no remorse, and let them commit more atrocities ?

I understand totally where you are coming from, and it’s a beautiful concept, but does not speak of love to me in this day and age... at least not in every situation.

Love is standing up for the oppressed and manipulated and stopping serious sin from occuring. In my eyes that means you need to use some judgement.. not in a bad way.. but in a righteous way. Not to condemn the perpetrators eternally, but to at least stop their actions.

Maybe I’m not using judgement in a correct way.. but I hope you understand where I’m coming from.

I’ve always felt those passages about judgement referred more to not being a hypocrite about judging someone for something you also do.

Also this in the bible takes judgement.. 🤷🏻‍♀️
1Corinthians 5:11

But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler--not even to eat with such a one.

So the whole judgement thing can really be taken out of context.. and it can be confusing at times. 😕

edit on 30-10-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Jg513Well aren’t you just something, condemning all Christians for the acts of some clergy, while promoting a lifestyle which puts up young boys as drag queens and parading them next to half naked men in chains. You do not have the high moral ground on this. You cannot use criticism of pedophilia in the church as a shield. It is what it is no matter who dies it. You go around condemning people using slang terms like” cis- gendered” and yet I don’t hear you condemning those who would peddle such smut in the classrooms, knowing full well it’s a deliberate act of turning small children into such a lifestyle.
On a spiritual note: every person must answer for their actions, regardless of human opinion. In the end, the law of karma is inexorable, no matter how we try to justify or bargain. It does explicitly state in the Bible that all will be held accountable to every “ jot and tittle”. Just because someone gets away with something in human court of law does not mean the balance will not be made somewhere down the line. Far from it, and maybe not even in the same lifetime. This is meant to apply to all abuses of cosmic law.

You May not like it, but the Law will apply independent of human opinions. Therefore it is in our own best interests not to hold others in derision, it does not however mean that we should allow our laws to reflect dangerous and morally bankrupt practices. This is a general statement and not specific.
Universal Laws: https:/www.kingjamesbibleonline.org...
Revelation 14:4 www.kingjamesbibleonline.org...
The soul as the “bride of Christ” mystical union

(2) In a more restricted sense, the term mystical marriage is employed by St. Teresa and St. John of the Cross to designate that mystical union with God which is the most exalted condition attainable by the soul in this life. It is also called a "transforming union", "consummate union", and "deification". St. Teresa likewise calls it "the seventh resting-place" of the "interior castle";
www.newadvent.org...
So in my view, if you are going to condemn the Christian faith, you should at least know more about it rather than repeat cnn propaganda
edit on 30-10-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Dbl post

edit on 30-10-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Christ was our greatest teacher and not the creator God period . The Bible is a myth tale wrapped in facts and outright made up stuff . What a buzzard thread ! No one should follow the Bible as a moral compass or any other book . The kingdom is in you ! We are God silly

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Why do Church leaders in Christendom choose to ignore the Bible?

Appealing to a larger crowd, such as those drawn towards or affected by leftwing politics and propaganda (as in the example in the OP), increases your profits (attendance figures). Some things in the Bible are just not appealing to certain sections of the market heavily influenced by this system of things and the god of this system of things. Solution? Don't talk too much about it in your sermons (or not at all).

Because of their love of money, they are more interested in appeasing men rather than God. It's the people that are making them richer after all, not God. "Paid Clergymen are Hustlers of the Word." (see quotation at 17:25 below)

Regarding the flock...

The sinful human tendency is to resent reproof and discipline and the human servant through whom it may be given. They'd much rather have their ears tickled. It's much more appealing and pleasing to the ears to hear that your sin isn't a big problem, or not even a sin at all, so one can continue doing their own thing, going their own way and continuing to disobey God. It's easy to wave off someone attempting to reprove and discipline them as someone being too judgemental, it makes you feel superior and more righteous than those who you call and would like to see as judgemental as well. It makes you feel good about yourself and your own sin. 'Oh look at me, I'm not judgemental like these other people' is the thought while they judge and condemn other people for supposedly being too judgemental or condemning (using double standards with hypocrisy like that is a common human trait).

Of course, that last feeling is further encouraged within this system of things by groups that are being excessively judgemental, like the Westboro Baptist Church (which those trying to appeal to the pro-LGBTQ section of the market, love to show scenes of to make their point; in so doing, showing that they are both 2 sides of the same coin. Much like young earth creationists vs evolutionary philosophers or fans of evolutionary philosophies; 2 sides of the same coin of deception, making both sides feel they are right and have a legitimate point about the other side. When in reality, they are both wrong, they're just good at pointing out where the other side is going wrong, so they don't pay any attention where they themselves are going wrong anymore).

Proverbs 5:22,23: “The wicked one is ensnared by his own errors, and he will be caught in the ropes of his own sin. He will die for lack of discipline and go astray because of his excessive foolishness.” Proverbs 19:3: “It is a man’s own foolishness that distorts his way, and his heart becomes enraged against Jehovah.” Proverbs 14:8: “By wisdom the shrewd man understands the way he is going, but the stupid are deceived* [Or possibly, “the stupid deceive others.”] by their foolishness.”

“Hear this, you foolish and senseless people:* [Lit., “you foolish people without heart.”] They have eyes but cannot see; They have ears but cannot hear. ... But this people has a stubborn and rebellious heart; They have turned aside and gone their own way. (Jer 5:21,23) “Son of man, you are living in a rebellious house. They have eyes to see, but they do not see, and ears to hear, but they do not hear, for they are a rebellious house.” (Eze 12:2)
edit on 30-10-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jg513
so i'll say it again just to get on your nerves a little but more......Theres alot more christain cis gendered straight people who are child molestors than there are from the lgbt community. Sorry i'm not act like the church hasn't been synonymous with child mosestation for decades now just so you can sleep better at night while holding on to your crappy beliefs.

It's a side effect of a belief system that has, at its core, a "Just" God choosing to sacrifice his perfect/pure son, to save sinners.

If you think too hard about that, it starts to make sense to "sacrifice" innocent children to repair the failings of "corrupt" older men.

A lot of parents who molest their children feel like they are "sacrificing" their child, just as God did.

Christianity's ugliest belief is actually its core belief: that we can't forgive each other for our mistakes unless a perfect person is tormented to make intercession. The virtuous being sacrificed to save the un-virtuous.

It kind of made me sick when I was inside of it. But it makes me all the more sick now that I'm outside of it.

It's a truly disgusting way to look at the world.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Maybe they just cant remember everything with their left, or come across contradictions when they their right, plus which sect or tribe of Christian's are we talking about?

If it was Gods word, shouldnt the bible be alot longer, like writing DNA on paper, or just explode by being God sheer majesty or a stareing contest.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I feel we have beat the rainbow flag issue up....and come full circle.

On judgement; I hope that the judgement passed down during the Great Tribulation by Jesus allows for maximum compensation of grace/mercy towards those with issues, will it be more lenient than the judgement passed down during the flood and Sodom and Gomorrah, it's hard to say, but Jesus used them as parallel accounts.Those people never had the ransom blood vouching for them, this generation does. But remember this, we are mere tenets of this planet, the owner of it, can evict us, if after a very fair warning, we don't listen.
All Christians can do is read the bible mediate on the issue, and decide for themselves.
I do appreciate that the issue sparked a lively discussion on this topic.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
"The bible is not a smorgasbord/buffet that we get to pick and choose only the stuff we personally agree with."

Ummm...that's exactly how the Bible was put together

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnotherPOV
"The bible is not a smorgasbord/buffet that we get to pick and choose only the stuff we personally agree with."

Ummm...that's exactly how the Bible was put together

You have a point. It seems the bible is a collection of writings , collected over time, that have been translated and specifically chosen by men, to make this book.

Which begs the question ..which parts are really the word of God and which parts are just illusions of men.
Also if God is a LIVING God, wouldn’t He continue with instruction to His children in the modern day ?

Too many people say if it isn’t in the bible it is not from God. I say God goes beyond the bible and may even possibly speak to His children through other means in modern day.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Too many people say if it isn’t in the bible it is not from God. I say God goes beyond the bible and may even possibly speak to His children through other means in modern day.

oh yeah, like what? And how do you know it's not demons pretending to be God speaking to you through "other means"

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

oh yeah, like what? And how do you know it's not demons pretending to be God speaking to you through "other means"

I presume you would be able to tell by the fruits of the messages.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: olaru12

I presume you would be able to tell by the fruits of the messages.

Do you presume to know the mind of God?

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

A lot of parents who molest their children feel like they are "sacrificing" their child, just as God did.
omg have you asked them and they told you that ?

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

I do appreciate that the issue sparked a lively discussion on this topic.

Well, it was a pretty good question. Albeit that those who ignore the Bible are proving that they are not really Christians at all. But I guess putting "self-professed Christians" in the title of this thread might make it a bit long. And it's already clear what you meant.

Regarding the motive (the "why") it does help to split it up into 2 questions, because the motives are different between the Church leaders of Christendom and the flock (the flock generally not making any money by going to Church). After all, Christendom itself has made a clergy-laity distinction against the express instructions of Jesus not to do that (another way of ignoring the Bible).

Should There Be a Clergy-Laity Distinction?

“All You Are Brothers”

God’s Word tells us that all Christians serve as God’s ministers and that none is above or beneath the other. (2 Corinthians 3:5, 6) “There was a very positive insistence on the absence of class” among early Christians, says religion writer Alexandre Faivre. That “absence of class” harmonizes with Jesus’ words to his followers: “All you are brothers.”​—Matthew 23:8.

Spiritually older men did, of course, serve as overseers, which included being shepherds and teachers. (Acts 20:28) However, these men were not paid clerics. For the most part, they were ordinary working men​—husbands and fathers. Moreover, they qualified to serve as overseers, not by attending religious seminaries, but by being diligent students of God’s Word and by cultivating the spiritual qualities required by God. These qualities include being “moderate in habits, sound in mind, orderly, hospitable, qualified to teach, . . . reasonable, not belligerent, not a lover of money, a man presiding over his own household in a fine manner.”​—1 Timothy 3:1-7.

Why It Is Wise to Stick to the Bible

“Do not go beyond the things that are written,” the Bible states. (1 Corinthians 4:6) Sadly, when people disregard that divinely inspired directive, spiritual harm usually results, and that is true of the clergy-laity arrangement. How so? Please consider the following six points.

1. The separation of a clergy class implies that one must have a special calling to be a minister of God. Yet, the Bible says that all true Christians should serve God and praise his name. (Romans 10:9, 10) ...

2. The clergy-laity distinction exalts the clergy class, an evidence being adulatory religious titles. Yet, Jesus said: “He that conducts himself as a lesser one among all of you is the one that is great.” (Luke 9:48) In harmony with that spirit of humility, he told his followers not to adopt religious titles.​—Matthew 23:8-12.

3. A paid clergy class can impose a heavy financial burden on the laity, especially when the former have lavish lifestyles. Christian overseers, on the other hand, care for their financial needs by doing normal secular work, thus setting a good example for others. *​—Acts 18:1-3; 20:33, 34; 2 Thessalonians 3:7-10.

4. Because a clergyman may depend on others for financial support, he might be tempted to dilute the Bible’s message in order to please parishioners. Indeed, the Scriptures foretold that this very thing would occur. “There will be a period of time when they will not put up with the healthful teaching, but, in accord with their own desires, they will accumulate teachers for themselves to have their ears tickled.”​—2 Timothy 4:3.

5. ...

6. When the laity are Biblically uninformed, they can easily be misled by clerics, even exploited by them. Indeed, history contains many examples of such abuses. *​—Acts 20:29, 30. [*: Examples include the sale of indulgences, the Catholic Inquisition, and even the burning of Bibles by clerics who wanted to keep God’s Word out of the hands of their flocks.​—See The Struggle for a Bible in Modern Greek]

edit on 31-10-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: Necrobile

Sorry,can not accept the homosexual life style.Please read
Lev 18:22 and Lev 20:13 for starters.

That's a very good point! I'd also like to point out that Jesus was God in the flesh. So, if that was God's word, it must have been the same thing Jesus would have said, if he hadn't been busy being crucified to save all sinners.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

omg have you asked them and they told you that ?

I don't think statements like that are meant to be taken too seriously. It's just standard conditioned and indoctrinated anti-Bible (and antichrist) rhetoric, involving an argument often made by Bible critics concerning the topic of sacrifice and God sending his Son to earth ('only to die or be sacrificed' in their eyes). A pity, such a person hasn't really woken up to the programming (molding) of this system of things and the god of this system of things. He's done a real number on people. Romans 12:2:

2 And stop being molded by this system of things, but be transformed by making your mind over, so that you may prove to yourselves the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Matthew 9:13

13 Go, then, and learn what this means: ‘I want mercy, and not sacrifice.’ For I came to call, not righteous people, but sinners.”

Proverbs 21:3

3 To do what is right and just

Is more pleasing to Jehovah than a sacrifice.

Hosea 6:6

6 For in loyal love* [Or “in mercy.”] I delight, not in sacrifice,

And in the knowledge of God, rather than in whole burnt offerings.

Matthew 12:7

7 However, if you had understood what this means, ‘I want mercy and not sacrifice,’ you would not have condemned the guiltless ones.

edit on 31-10-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

And I know without a doubt that I have known and loved many gay people who were/are "better" Christians than too many self-annointed Christians themselves. Gay or otherwise, if folks aren't hurting anyone else, I will live and let live.

I do not understand your point of "self anointed Christians." You do not know but you believe that you know the same as I do not know but only believe that of which I am taught. Homosexuality or lesbianism is an abomination to the God of Jesus as well as it is to Jesus. It does not matter what others judge this practice to be because it it is not their judgment. It is God's judgment which is taught to those who honor God. One sin does not justify another sin and this sin is not the only condemnation.

A judgment is not guess if it is a fact. If a man is a homosexual by fact then it is not a judgment or an opinion by others but is reality that he is a homosexual. It is when that homosexual is punished that it becomes a judgment and a sentence. The punishment can be by laws of man and or laws of man and God both. Then when a person withholds an opinion of condemnation and forgives the homosexual for his offense towards God, then that does not justify that act that offends God but only purifies that man who does not offer punishment. God still is offended by that act and will exact His own judgment in this afterlife of judgment.

But now we see God's abomination being rewarded by man in this present society instead of that abomination being voiced as an abomination of God. Now in our previous society, when this abomination was voiced as an abomination, it was in accordance with God but this same abomination is now called righteous. So in this respect it has become a matter of choice of the same abomination but it is still a fact that the same homosexual is an offense to God. So what actually happened here? Well, we still have the same offense [sin] but new laws by man to force and teach the acceptance of this sin.

The misconception you have shown is that you have learned to love sin because you have been taught that God is nothing but love without realizing that that this same sin is still an abomination to the same God. The same hell exists today as it always has and the same rules still apply today then they always have. What has chnged is the teachers have become as perverted as the sins they reject and you have become part of that change. Did I just judge you? Not in the least did I judge you. You judged yourself and voiced it to me.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Big BIG sigh...

You have just explained to me your rational and confirmation bias for condemning beloved children of God. You have embraced some scriptures (that support your hate) while wholly ignoring others (that command you do otherwise).

I refuse to do so, for all of the reasons I have already expressed.

Think what you will. Judge as you will. Hate as you will. I will do the same. Everyone will do the same.

In the end, we will each meet our maker and be judged according to our own merits.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

From that point, where you acknowledge there is know wat to know whss AS t biblical texts are accurate and which are not.....

Why would you believe the supernatural parts?!?!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join