It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Christians Choose To Ignore The Bible ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Seed76

You can't have peace without war. ... Peace is what happens between wars.

Sounds like a rather limited view of the word "peace". Especially in response to someone using it at the end of their comment, suggesting another meaning, or broader meaning than merely the antonym of war.

Here's how the Bible uses it:

Sha·lohmʹ, the Hebrew word rendered “peace,” refers to the state of being free from war or disturbance (Jg 4:17; 1Sa 7:14; 1Ki 4:24; 2Ch 15:5; Job 21:9; Ec 3:8); it can convey the idea of health, safety, soundness (Ge 37:14, ftn), welfare (Ge 41:16), friendship (Ps 41:9), and entirety or completeness (Jer 13:19). The Greek word for peace (ei·reʹne) has taken on the same broad connotations as the Hebrew word sha·lohmʹ and may express the ideas of well-being, salvation, and concord, in addition to the absence of conflict. It occurs in the farewell exclamation “go in peace,” which somewhat corresponds to the expression ‘may it go well with you.’​—Mr 5:34; Lu 7:50; 8:48; Jas 2:16; compare 1Sa 1:17; 20:42; 25:35; 29:7; 2Sa 15:9; 2Ki 5:19.

Since “peace” is not always the exact equivalent for the original-language words, the context must be taken into consideration to determine what is meant. [whereislogic: in the context of the way Seed76 used it, it is similar to the farewell exclamation “go in peace,” which somewhat corresponds to the expression ‘may it go well with you.’] ...

Acquiring Peace. Jehovah is the God of peace (1Co 14:33; 2Co 13:11; 1Th 5:23; Heb 13:20) and the Source of peace (Nu 6:26; 1Ch 22:9; Ps 4:8; 29:11; 147:14; Isa 45:7; Ro 15:33; 16:20), it being a fruit of his spirit. (Ga 5:22) For this reason true peace can be had only by those who are at peace with God. Serious transgressions put a strain on a person’s relationship with God and cause the individual to be disturbed. The psalmist said: “There is no peace in my bones on account of my sin.” (Ps 38:3) Those who desire to seek and pursue peace must therefore “turn away from what is bad, and do what is good.” (Ps 34:14) Without righteousness, there can be no peace. (Ps 72:3; 85:10; Isa 32:17) That is why the wicked cannot have peace. (Isa 48:22; 57:21; compare Isa 59:2-8.) On the other hand, peace is the possession of those who are fully devoted to Jehovah, love his law (Ps 119:165), and heed his commandments.​—Isa 48:18.

The peaceful message proclaimed by Jesus and his followers appealed to ‘friends of peace,’ that is, to persons desiring to be reconciled to God. (Mt 10:13; Lu 10:5, 6; Ac 10:36) At the same time this message caused divisions in households, as some accepted it while others rejected it. (Mt 10:34; Lu 12:51) The majority of the Jews rejected the message and thus failed to discern “the things having to do with peace,” evidently including repentance and acceptance of Jesus as the Messiah. (Compare Lu 1:79; 3:3-6; Joh 1:29-34.) Their failure resulted in the destruction of Jerusalem by the Roman armies in 70 C.E.​—Lu 19:42-44.

“The peace of God,” that is the calmness and tranquillity that result from a Christian’s precious relationship with Jehovah God, guards his heart and mental powers from becoming anxious about his needs. He has the assurance that Jehovah God provides for his servants and answers their prayers. This puts his heart and mind at rest. (Php 4:6, 7) Similarly, the peace that Jesus Christ gave to his disciples, based on their faith in him as God’s Son, served to calm their hearts and minds. Although Jesus told them that the time was coming when he would no longer be with them personally, they had no reason to be concerned or to give way to fear. He was not leaving them without help but promised to send them the holy spirit.​—Joh 14:26, 27; 16:33; compare Col 3:15.

The peace that Christians enjoyed was not to be taken for granted. They were to be “peaceable”; that is, they were to be peacemakers, going out of their way to establish and to maintain peace. (1Th 5:13) To preserve peace among themselves, they had to exercise care so as not to stumble fellow believers. (Ro 14:13-23) In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus stated: “Happy are the peaceable [literally, peacemakers], since they will be called ‘sons of God.’” (Mt 5:9, ftn; compare Jas 3:18.) Christians were counseled to pursue peace and to do their utmost to be found at peace with God. (2Ti 2:22; Heb 12:14; 1Pe 3:11; 2Pe 3:14) Therefore, they had to fight against the desires of the flesh, as these would cause them to be at enmity with God. (Ro 8:6-8) The fact that remaining in a peaceful relationship with God was necessary for divine approval lends much weight to the oft-repeated prayerful expression ‘may you have peace.’​—Ro 1:7; 1Co 1:3; 2Co 1:2; Ga 1:3; 6:16; Eph 1:2; 6:23; Php 1:2. [whereislogic: again comparable to the way Seed76 used the word "peace", if that is how he/she meant it]

Source: Peace (Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 2)
edit on 28-10-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucius Driftwood

Matthew 5:17:20

Jesus warned that He hadn't come to do away with the Law or the Prophets, but to fulfil it. He warned that anyone who broke even one of the least of the laws and encouraged others to do so would be least in the kingdom of heaven. The law shows us what GOD considers to be sin. If you don't like it, don't follow Him. But if you find your values and morals more tolerant than GOD's, you are as self righteous as the Pharisees who justifed themselves in their own way.

Self-righteous indeed. Because it has been made very clear in both the Old and New Testaments -- both the old covenant and the new covenant -- that God forbids us from judging others or seeking vengeance... especially in HIS name. We have been very clearly instructed (and warned) not to forsake the spirit of the law for the letter of the law. It has been made very clear that when we observe and obey the spirit of the law but violate the letter of the law, that we cannot be wrong... but we can indeed be wrong when we forsake the spirit of the law for the letter of the law.

Who was the good Samaritan?

Who was to throw the first stone?

Who commanded the disciple Philip to minister to the Ethiopian eunuch???

Jesus Himself repeatedly violated the letter of the law as understood and practiced.

Jesus' gave us one commandment, and cited one Mosaic commandment as the greatest, and both are all about love. Not hate. Not judgment. Not punishment. Not condemnation. Just love.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

This passage is also a perfect answer to a very common question.

Did Jesus ever claim he was God?

Many times over

There's a great many passages that seem in conflict with each other here
in regards to your warning. I wonder if Jesus saying this before he was
crucified is the why? Because for me the way I understand, when John
says, " Behold the lamb of God who takes away the sins of the whole world"
I'm hundred percent he knew what he was talking about.

Excellent thread!

SnF

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
The real tragedy is that a beautiful rainbow has become the symbol of sexual perversion and deviancy. It makes me sad.

AMAZING COMEBACK... I Wish I Had Said It First.

I Need You To Join My Cult As Second In Command Of The Legions Of Good Comeback...

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Consider That We We're All Children Once... And As Such... According To Those Who Precede Us, Having Been Children Once Themselves...
We May Have Not Been Fed The Tale Of Truth Wholeheartedly, And Especially Wholely. So... Ignorance Is Rampant. What Remains Is One's Duty To Perform His/Her Daily Activities With The Utmost Sincerity And With A Pure Heart That There May Yet Be A Chance That They See God. I Come From A Dark Place (Souless) And Intend On Letting The Many Round About Perish In Whatever Madness That Consumes Them. I Am A Silence Is Golden Kind Of Guy...
edit on 28-10-2019 by Pinocchio because: S&F

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I think it is pretty well established that Jesus was specifically talking about the Jewish laws..

Not eating pork, circumcision, not working on the sabbath , exc.

I’m pretty sure Jesus was specifically asked about those paws and that was his reply.

Which is a very interesting point.. the OT repeatedly says “do not change the laws”.. Jesus said “I have not come to change the laws..”

Yet Christians believe that Jesus cape to change the laws..

Lol

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Looks like a bunch of hating here. What would Jesus say about this?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Looks like a bunch of hating here. What would Jesus say about this?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: RealPatriotdoing69

Already answered
Luke 17:28-30

Is it hate to throw a person struggling in the water a lifesaver vest ?
Is it hate to warn your neighbor his house is on fire ?

It's all about perspective, we can't make a drowning person grab the lifesaver vest, and we don't physically remove them from a house on fire.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
People who believe in sky fairies are equal to flat earthers in my eyes. Religions are all about the money and the power. Sick to the back teeth of them all!

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
I find it interesting that many Christians ignore the bible, on topics like creation and morality.
I am not talking about the Old Testament either, the scriptures in the New Testament. The bible is not a smorgasbord/buffet that we get to pick and choose only the stuff we personally agree with.

The reason I bring this up is that I recently saw a big rainbow flag planted right in front of a church. This is not the only issue but it sure is the most visible.

From Jesus himself who said....

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me on that day [when I judge them], ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, and driven out demons in Your name, and done many miracles in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them publicly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me [you are banished from My presence], you who act wickedly [disregarding My commands].’

Matthew 7: 21-23

It is a warning for all Christians, we ignore the bible at our own peril.

I really can't think of anything more appalling in the world than people who act self-righteously. Of course, that is, when the person acting self righteous is so pitifully incorrect about what he claims that it is embarrassing for him AND for you, every second it takes to back step with a big feigned smile and finally turn and run away.

You know what is a real shame too?!? It is 2019 and a billion plus people on Earth call themselves Christian. Unfortunately though, about 99 percent of these self-proclaimed Christians have never heard or read the gospel, the Word, His teachings...and they would rather get defensive and attack a very black and white fact with tons of proof that this is the case than trust anyone knows better than they.

You, sir, have obviously never read the Bible. You, like almost every Christian out there, have only read a book called the Bible and in many ways similar to the real Bible but because of just about the stupidest allowance and acceptance of lunacy on your part, you your church, your pastor, you all dedicate your lives, riskyour reputation and integrity, and make total fools out of yourselves by accepting things you have written in your bastardized evil copy of that toilet paper you think is the Bible instead of going out and finding out the true Word which makes much more sense and doesn't contradict Jesus in every way shape and form.

No matter what you think, I can tell you you simply haven't. And there is good news and bad news about that. The good news is that you can hear the true gospel and what the disciples left for us The bad news is that you would squirm and rage and go into a state of denial of I told you what needed to be done to hear the true Word. Cuz for one, it is the exact opposite of what every other stupid brainwashed Christian would suggest if not require no questions asked, and second of all, the task required would take many yesr

I will help u out though and get you to the conclusion.
1. The Bible does in no way condemn homosexuals or homosexuality, neither by emotions or by pshysicsl expression of
2. The only thing the Bible mentions about homosexuality seems to be that the Lord was happy as a clam that a certain homosexual voue found love in each other
3. You should probably start with deciding who you consider worthy of having the final editing powers over the Bible, who you are trusting for your specific copy (and I already know when that is), and just why this is literally THEE LAST PERSON who ever lived you want to trust your soul to especially when so much he claims is against everything Jesus ever was (you really think Christ the Lord said he loved the afflicted more than anyone, preferred the company of lepers, adulturers, was best friends with the town whore...best friends with a streetwalker, and yet he said when he got to Lance and Bruce, "Oh nah, f$#@ that man, lepers addicts and whores are one thing but I don't f#$@ with homos. Nope. No homo! I'm calling it now!!" Does that would like the Christ would act or does it reduce him to a person susceptible to human judgents and cruelty for no reason other than he is a sociopath and narcissist of sorts?)
edit on 10/28/2019 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NotSoBigG

Hey you have your religion and we have our's.

Sorry the rest of my comment was tongue in cheek bad taste.

We are having an ethical debate, you don't believe in God and in point have made the fact that you believe NOT in God which is by the way EQUALLY a belief system if less formed than an organized religion because it still requires belief in a state of reality, think about it as a quantum observation in which you actively choose to believe in non existence of something - which to be frank is itself an argument against your own or even the universe or reality itself having existence by default since quantum states and all of that jive.

We believe in God, some of us here are Christian's in our faith myself included, others are probably just butting in but come from a variety of religious persuasions and non - non belief is not by the way the same as pointed atheism such as your own since they fall into the category of not Atheist but of Agnostic which is actually the one that does not form a definable or arguable state of religion were both atheist and deist fall into the category of BELIEF system's so hence are both arguably religion.

The fact you have jumped onto this bandwagon with your rather pointless comment is actually indicative of just that, a pointless statement by someone wanting to laud his own superiority which sadly for your opinion you are most certainly NOT.

But hey I digress and enough of leading this debate off topic, it is a religious debate about Homosexuality within the CHRISTIAN community and how we deal with it, there are many answers and all deserve debate but the best so far is.

We do not Judge other's BUT WE try to abide by our Beliefs and our moral code.
We do not condemn but we can not accept as if we love Christ we do as Christ did and that mean's we treat fairly and still love but we do not do as and we do not accept as correct thing's that Christ did not and would not but we also forgive and cast not the first stone as he the innocent and blameless one chose not too, if we do than it is our own windows in our own glass houses that will shatter, we are NOT the judge but we have to live our lives as best we can in accord with the JUDGE own life as he lived it to emulate our Lord, who among us is so perfect - that does not mean we are not to therefore try our best to be so.

We have to live by this code.
biblehub.com...

It was the way of pagan religions that the Christian faith called the Lord's flock out of to often have such thing's as temple prostitutes including boy's.
It is NOT the way of Christianity or of Christian's.

But hey Mr atheist if you would rather that Christianity had never existed then you could enjoy your slave chain's and GOD know's what other fate a world devoid of Christianity would have dumped you into - had you even been born at all.

You know something else, someone calling another person a fairy, be that another person of GOD is likely one themselves - hey I am not judging but that is your persuasion then that is your persuasion.

Faithful people die for there faith, I have yet to see an atheist whom is so devout or has ANY moral backbone.
Me, Me, Me and dog eat dog potential cannibals is all Atheists really are even the so called humanists whom are usually anything BUT humanist.
It's a shame as some of them are nice enough folk but many of them are a walking void in human form, an empty space by there own definition that may as well simply not exist and they believe the same for everyone around them at the basis of there belief system, this feed's into a lack of morality and social decay as greed and the dog eat dog attitude that the corporate internationalist neo liberal elite so much want and these good little drone's are the soulless disposable serfs of there world plan should they ever have there plan and desired ever realized, global elitist ruled totalitarian state populated by the soulless disposable mass of humanity and ruled by the self entitled elite of the party that own the corporation's and by default the soulless human cattle - for them it is not whether god is there or not but if he is in there way or have you not figured that part out yet - is this too deep for your shallow belief in nothingness to see it's ultimate ramifications for you and your descendant's if you even have any - if you even care what type of world you and your fellow atheists are creating for them to walk into.

Sorry I have no time for people that put there head into a bucket and bury it in the sand of nothingness.

Now sorry if that Is not you because you are correct, most religions ARE about money, fake preachers and TV evangelists that get people thinking they are going to heaven by giving them all there dosh so that they can then own private helicopters and live like corporate leaders with there own cult around them.

There are fake Christian's, fake Buddhists, fake imams (I am not talking about the religion but the people preaching in it for there own personal status), fake Hindus and many Cult's founded by people that want to be powerful and famous and usually get what they want.
These are NOT our religion they are scam's.

Our God is not interested in your money except in so far as you do good with it but he is interested in you letting go of Money which is a false God to too many in this world - those fake preachers especially "Call this number and donate" - "Call this number and buy your copy today".

That's not Christianity.

It's in your heart, in your way with others and in the way you want to live and be and do and see the world.

Sorry if I came over too harsh earlier I am just sick of atheism for atheist sake but your comment has merit even if I disagree with the basic statement, the fact is were money and greed are concerned I could not agree more with you.

edit on 29-10-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat

I find it interesting that many Christians ignore the bible, on topics like creation and morality.
I am not talking about the Old Testament either, the scriptures in the New Testament. The bible is not a smorgasbord/buffet that we get to pick and choose only the stuff we personally agree with.

The reason I bring this up is that I recently saw a big rainbow flag planted right in front of a church. This is not the only issue but it sure is the most visible.

From Jesus himself who said....

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me on that day [when I judge them], ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, and driven out demons in Your name, and done many miracles in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them publicly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me [you are banished from My presence], you who act wickedly [disregarding My commands].’

Matthew 7: 21-23

It is a warning for all Christians, we ignore the bible at our own peril.

I really can't think of anything more appalling in the world than people who act self-righteously. Of course, that is, when the person acting self righteous is so pitifully incorrect about what he claims that it is embarrassing for him AND for you, every second it takes to back step with a big feigned smile and finally turn and run away.

You know what is a real shame too?!? It is 2019 and a billion plus people on Earth call themselves Christian. Unfortunately though, about 99 percent of these self-proclaimed Christians have never heard or read the gospel, the Word, His teachings...and they would rather get defensive and attack a very black and white fact with tons of proof that this is the case than trust anyone knows better than they.

You, sir, have obviously never read the Bible. You, like almost every Christian out there, have only read a book called the Bible and in many ways similar to the real Bible but because of just about the stupidest allowance and acceptance of lunacy on your part, you your church, your pastor, you all dedicate your lives, riskyour reputation and integrity, and make total fools out of yourselves by accepting things you have written in your bastardized evil copy of that toilet paper you think is the Bible instead of going out and finding out the true Word which makes much more sense and doesn't contradict Jesus in every way shape and form.

No matter what you think, I can tell you you simply haven't. And there is good news and bad news about that. The good news is that you can hear the true gospel and what the disciples left for us The bad news is that you would squirm and rage and go into a state of denial of I told you what needed to be done to hear the true Word. Cuz for one, it is the exact opposite of what every other stupid brainwashed Christian would suggest if not require no questions asked, and second of all, the task required would take many yesr

I will help u out though and get you to the conclusion.
1. The Bible does in no way condemn homosexuals or homosexuality, neither by emotions or by pshysicsl expression of
2. The only thing the Bible mentions about homosexuality seems to be that the Lord was happy as a clam that a certain homosexual voue found love in each other
3. You should probably start with deciding who you consider worthy of having the final editing powers over the Bible, who you are trusting for your specific copy (and I already know when that is), and just why this is literally THEE LAST PERSON who ever lived you want to trust your soul to especially when so much he claims is against everything Jesus ever was (you really think Christ the Lord said he loved the afflicted more than anyone, preferred the company of lepers, adulturers, was best friends with the town whore...best friends with a streetwalker, and yet he said when he got to Lance and Bruce, "Oh nah, f$#@ that man, lepers addicts and whores are one thing but I don't f#$@ with homos. Nope. No homo! I'm calling it now!!" Does that would like the Christ would act or does it reduce him to a person susceptible to human judgents and cruelty for no reason other than he is a sociopath and narcissist of sorts?)

My my.. who’s the self righteous one now spewing his own version of the Holy bible ? You are exactly what you say you detest. Have fun with that.. many blessings.😕

By the way.. did you realize Christ hung out with the whores and tax collectors to convert them to a purer way of life ? And he spent time with the lepers to heal them. He didn’t condone their sin, but reached out to them in love hoping they would repent and follow him... which they did.

edit on 29-10-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Wow, hit a nerve did I? I have NO religion, that's what ATHEIST means! I still have morals though, I respect ALL life including insects right through to swamp rats. I won't steal belongings of other people because it's wrong as others work hard for what they have. I show respect to elders and nurture youth to use their own minds and common sense.

I DIDN'T NEED A BOOK WRITTEN A THOUSAND YEARS AFTER THE EVENTS IT CLAIMED THAT HAPPENED IN ORDER TO BE A GOOD DECENT PERSON - short version. a reply to: LABTECH767

edit on 29-10-2019 by NotSoBigG because: Spelling mistake

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Read the OP and through some of the comments, not all of them. But a pattern came out. And since I have just been praying over and reading 2 Peter the words of chapter 2 came to mind when reading this thread.

There are some here who say who are you to judge, and you have to love the sinner. Which is all true. Disicpline is an act of love. In fact Hebrews tells us that Jehovah scourges everyone he receives as a son. And that discipline is not joyous for the present but grevious, but those who benefit from it reap righteousness.

As we are all imperfect humans we all sin. And just as a loving father disciplines his son to mold him into a good man when he grows up, Jehovah disciplines us by means of his word. But the difference of the discipline he gives us is that if we allow ourselves to be molded by it we gain a righteous standing with him, and that can mean eternal salvation.

So who is really showing a loving attitude toward those who are practicing what Jehovah hates and says he will do away with? Is is loving to tell them they are okay with God when they are not?

Is it not the person who reasons with the wicked that what they are doing is not right and they need to change that are showing true love for them? A reasoning person can be cut to the heart by God's word when practicing what is wrong, and turn around and repent of his sins.

Now I am going to quote some scripture. The first is an ancient wise proverb:

The wounds inflicted by a friend are faithful,
But an enemy’s kisses are plentiful.
-Proverbs 27:6.

This is pretty self-explanatory. When you are doing something wrong if you have a friend that is a real friend that loves you they are going to let you know, even if it hurts your feelings. It is for your good. They love you. Your enemy kisses you.

In this case the Churches who are condoning what God condemned are the enemies giving out the kisses. They are not doing their parishioners any favors.

So getting to what I was studying in 2 Peter I am brought to the words of chapter 2. It has several warning accounts of ungodly people and angels who were punished by God for being ungodly. It starts by talking about the angels God did not refrain from punishing who sinned. And then talks about punishing an ancient world of ungodly people by destroying them. Then it talks about his destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, and says he condemned them and set a pattern of things for ungodly people of things to come.

I will conclude with stating I grew up with a friend who was a homosexual. He had strong homosexual tendencies from a young age, a lot of abuse in his house, lots of tramua, and other things. He confinded in me many things over the years, have known him about 30 years now.

In his study of the Bible he became a God-fearing man and realized that his way of life was not in harmony with God's righteous principles. He was not holy or clean in God's eyes. And it took him a long time to clean up his life. He was a heavy drug user and lived a homosexual life-style through the 80's with AIDS was just beginning to be understood. And unfortunately he contracted AIDS through his unclean and ungodly life-style.

But after 20 years of studying the Bible and tremendous effort he finally changed his life. He repented of his sins, stopped smoking, doing drugs, living a homosexual lifestyle, and was baptized as a Christian Jehovah's Witness.

And he said that he knew as well as many others that have his life style, that he was displeasing Jehovah God. When he read God's word his conscience bothered him. So when he didn't want to be bothered he ignored God's word. But when he really wanted to have a clean conscience with God, he studied, and he made efforts to change.

Who really showed love to him?

A Christian does not hate people. Just like Jesus didn't hate sinners. But Jesus did not condone immorality and ungodly conduct. He lived a life of holiness and set a pattern for everyone wanting to have a good relationship with God to follow. Yes, people who have practicing everything condemned in the Bible were drawn to Jesus, and left behind their former way of life, and were made clean through baptism to God and leaving behind their dead works.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   
The Bible has nothing to do with anything. It's the ramblings of a Monarch's editor and censorship team.

It may have started as profound lessons and historical documents, but it became a tool of the state, and is not something I can respect in earnest.

The word of God is not written by man.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: NotSoBigG
Wow, hit a nerve did I? I have NO religion, that's what ATHEIST means! I still have morals though, I respect ALL life including insects right through to swamp rats. I won't steal belongings of other people because it's wrong as others work hard for what they have. I show respect to elders and nurture youth to use their own minds and common sense.

I DIDN'T NEED A BOOK WRITTEN A THOUSAND YEARS AFTER THE EVENTS IT CLAIMED THAT HAPPENED IN ORDER TO BE A GOOD DECENT PERSON - short version. a reply to: LABTECH767

Well you would say that but BELIEF in nothing is still a belief system even if it is at a personal level, and no YOU never hit a nerve I just get sick of what I regard as utter idiocy in some people trying to put down other's because of OUR Beliefs, you are free to believe in the god of nothingness all you like, in fact ask yourself this are YOU real, did YOU ever have that I AM WHOM I AM moment as a child or did you have to learn that from outside yourself and if so did you ever really achieve consciousness or are you just a drone spouting a belief in nothing out of a deep seated self loathing and hatred of mankind as espoused by lovers of the idea that we are nothing but a walking bag of elemental compounds and chemical's.

What about QUANTUM theory, the idea that right now beside you there may be another version of you identical in every way but one, perhaps a near infinite number of variations on you and a near infinite number of identical YOU in variations on our reality that are just slightly different were the quantum event's of the movement of a single particle of matter have taken alternative path's causing those reality's to diverge.

What if there is a kind of cross reality inductance as remember parallel reality's are NOT other dimension's (though they are constantly confused as such by many whom misunderstand the concept of parallel and other dimensional reality's mixing them up and confusing them for the same thing) they exist in our dimension but are separated by variable event's, perhaps they even sometimes merge back into a single reality but at some higher dimension they are still the same reality and even if you die in one reality you are perhaps still alive in another.

Does your quantum consciousness therefore vanish with the death of one of you? or does it continue still supported by the living self - those other YOU that exist in those other reality's, is this discarnate self a soul? or something else just DATA caught in the maelstrom we call the universe at a variation of the quantum level of reality or do you still think it is just light's out.

IF it exists could not OLDER consciousness perhaps have long ago adapted and even taken control of this state of being.

These would not be God's but from your primitive human perspective they would be discarnate being's very much like angel's or demon's depending upon if they were in any way interested in interacting with you from there state of existence which part of you may share and if they were benign or malign in there intentions were you - a notably tiny variable on the universal scale - were concerned.

What if our universe as we know it was even created by such being's or such a BEING.

That is not how it is that is just conjecture to show you that you are far from as intelligent in your view of yourself and reality as you think, just to bring you down a peg and give you some rational to rethink your own stance which if set in stone is set in stone as the saying goes but if malleable may still be altered to give you some new options in your self development into a more full human being.

I wish you well regardless but think about it, you don't have the answer and neither do I so your stance is a BELIEF not a definite FACT.

From a Christian perspective we in part are CO creator's with our God, we reap as we sow, in Quantum theory it is called Observer Affect and is a very powerful thing when you rename that Faith.

But we are so small our faith only affect our state EXTREMELY slightly, Jesus walked on water, healed people with missing limb's and eye's and got up from death but then he is part of a far higher being ( a far greater consciousness that can and does and even CREATES reality itself ).

But believe as you will, if nothing is the way you want then perhaps as a consequence of your belief nothing is exactly what you will get - oh wait no it is not because you are not ALONE you are part of a race and your consciousness is not only part of a race but of all those OTHER you and guess what, you are a bishop or mother superior in some other reality or perhaps a Mormon with a hundred nagging wives (poor sod).

edit on 29-10-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

Since that was a stinging rebuke of my OP, not from a secular opinion, but from a spiritual one, I have an equally powerful response from the bible.
Revelations 21:8 Amp Bible

But as for the cowards and unbelieving and abominable [who are devoid of character and personal integrity and practice or tolerate immorality], and murderers, and sorcerers [with intoxicating drugs], and idolaters and occultists [who practice and teach false religions], and all the liars [who knowingly deceive and twist truth], their part will be in the lake that blazes with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

By totally ignoring scriptures like these, perhaps it is you who don't understand the bible or fully comprehend it.

edit on 29-10-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Hmmm.... interesting... another Christian critic telling a Christian what Jesus really meant... and, therefore, what they really believe.. or is that must believe?

Interesting because this nation was founded by Christians who absolutely refused to have their Christian faith dictated to them by other Christians, ultimately creating an inalienable Constitutional right to freedom of worship. In other words, YOU don't get to tell ME what I believe or think, much less what I should or must believe. You don't get to define MY faith or ANY faith.

As always, our words will stand on their own merit. We can all read whatever we like into the Bible or out of the Bible. And we can only speak for ourselves.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

To everybody that says we need to be more accepting and non-judgmental, I have no issue with people that want to do this, free choice within the laws of the land, go for it.
My point is only what does the bible actually say about it.....read it, and you will understand there are former homosexuals as angels in heaven right now. And when they died they were no longer practicing, they changed just like Jesus asked them to. And those that never changed and died will still be given another chance in the future as well just like all other sinners, which essentially we all are anyways.

I missed that one, want to point it to me? Another misconception is people dying and going to heaven. People don’t just change once they die. Jesus even showed the way through his ascension, which is a process. There was no point to his ascension except to demonstrate the process for all. But this is part of the great deception... that the truth was hidden from the masses and the purpose of it obscured. They made an idol out of Jesus even while claiming he was a wayshower.

John 14:12-14 New International Version (NIV) 12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in
. www.biblegateway.com...
Yet they have made him something separate from us, even while preaching that we should follow us. I’m speaking of those who have “taken the keys” from the masses, and those who preach an empty sermon.

New King James Version “Woe to you lawyers! For you have taken away the key of knowledge. You did not enter in yourselves, and those who were entering in you hindered.”
biblehub.com...
edit on 29-10-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join