It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Christians Choose To Ignore The Bible ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

The Sodomites?

Look I am not arguing Gods justice, notbsaying there is no judgement or no Hell, it’s not on the table

All I am saying is that I believe Christ commanded me to love others, gay, murderers, adulterers, liars whatever

That’s what I am working on, a gay flag, homosexuals, it’s not my job to judge them
Invite them into church, fine, if they decide to change, fine.
If they don’t, that’s fine and they are not going to want to go to church anyway

There are unmarried people in my church who are couples, probably having sex. I don’t know, they will get married, that’s great. I am not here to condemn people

I will cross bridges when I get to them, with the best knowledge and most care I can.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Thank you -- that was so beautifully explained and expressed. I appreciate that you took the time and the love to do so. I'm going to check out your links, and I've already listened to a couple of the videos. Just beautiful. My grandmother was a Witness. She passed in 2000, so I doubt she saw these, but she would have enjoyed them. That makes it that much more special to me.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

My faith is in an all-powerful God of unconditional love who let's everyone enter the gates of Heaven to experience eternal bliss regardless of our Earthly sins.

Then you place your faith on a different God. What you believe negates completely the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. In order to understand that i will urge you to read the Parable of weeds.

24 Jesus told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25 But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. 26 When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.

27 “The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’

28 “‘An enemy did this,’ he replied.

“The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’

29 “‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’”

The explanation of the parable above is also mentioned

36 Then he left the crowd and went into the house. His disciples came to him and said, “Explain to us the parable of the weeds in the field.”

37 He answered, “The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the people of the kingdom. The weeds are the people of the evil one, 39 and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels.

40 “As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. 41 The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. 42 They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Whoever has ears, let them hear.

As you can read, not everyone will enter the kingdom of heaven. Christians and non Christians alike.

Human beings are created with imperfections.

No. Human beings were created in the image of God. It´s only after we’ve rejected God´s rule and sought to establish our own we inherited the imperfection of sin. God created this world to be good, but we’ve made a mess of it.

Pass on the good news: Everyone is saved regardless of our Earthly sins.

What you saying is like a drowning man who thinks he’s fine and rejects the life preserver that’s his only hope. The true good news is that Jesus died for our sins, was buried, and rose again on the third day so that all who believe in Him could inherit the kingdom of heaven and be embraced by God.

Peace

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Seed76

But "For with the LORD there is mercy and with him plentiful redemption".
What you say is correct.
But remember this - it in no way contradicts your point but we ARE all imperfect but remade perfect in Christ our Lord.
www.biblehub.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

The Sodomites?

These are very interesting videos on Sodom & Gomorrah for any Christians to view.
God said if he could find only 10 righteous people the whole area would be saved, but there wasn't just Lot and his family.
It is good to mediate on this account, it can make Christians reevaluate their perspectives.

Somebody earlier said they won't listen to what Paul said in his books of the bible, what about Jesus in the Gospels.
Luke 17:28-30

28 It was the same as it was in the days of Lot. People were eating, they were drinking, they were buying, they were selling, they were planting, they were building [carrying on business as usual, without regard for their sins]; 29 but on the [very] day that Lot left Sodom it rained fire and brimstone (burning sulfur) from heaven and destroyed them all. 30 It will be just the same on the day that the Son of Man is revealed.

It also appears that Lot's future son-laws were not bad guys, his daughters were still virgins so they respected a moral code, but they didn't want to listen to the warning and went down with the city. Then Lot's wife who did get out, didn't make it either, this account is a strong warning for all Christians, there are many lessons to be learned from it.

God's Love and Justice are in perfect balance unlike human ideology, that's why he had the discussion with Abraham if the cities could actually be saved.

edit on 28-10-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I am of the opinion that Mr Wyatt was absolutely correct, the only point of potential confusion I have with his work is Noah's Ark site in turkey as there seem to be TWO equally real sites, the site Wyatt and now many other's have accepted as the Ark and the one seen by George Hagopian, a later US engineer working in the country and reported time and again down the ages in a Glacier on Ararat itself.

The difference is that Wyatt's ark which I believe is indeed a ship is physically present and even has grave sites such as the site of Noah's wife which was later ransacked and desecrated by villain's whom probably sold the artifacts on the black market, anchors and various other evidence while Hagopian's ark has little physical evidence other than eye witness testimony - though I believe both are equally real and correct.
www.noahsark.it...

Likewise there are other sites that are claimed to be Sodom and Gomorrah but they fail to match as perfectly as the site God guided Ron Wyatt.

edit on 28-10-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

More dumb argument based on hate.

There are sick people in the World. We have laws against pedophilia. What you are suggesting simply doesn't make any sense. Laws are not created to accommodate aberrant behavior. Stop suggesting laws against pedophilia are some how going to be change because you hate some group in politics. Nobody is going to vote or support pedophilia. Your whole argument is disingenuous.

edit on 28-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Although many Christians claim Sodom and Gomorrah was somehow about gay marriage. I think from what I read it had more to do with the way the people of Sodom and Gomorrah were bullies and sadistic rapists:

"Rictor Norton views classical Jewish texts as stressing the cruelty and lack of hospitality of the inhabitants of Sodom to the "stranger".[50] The people of Sodom were seen as guilty of many other significant sins. Rabbinic writings affirm that the Sodomites also committed economic crimes, blasphemy and bloodshed."

"Jay Michaelson proposes a reading of the story of Sodom that emphasizes the violation of hospitality as well as the violence of the Sodomites. "Homosexual rape is the way in which they violate hospitality—not the essence of their transgression. Reading the story of Sodom as being about homosexuality is like reading the story of an ax murderer as being about an ax.""

Sodom and Gomorrah

What I find somewhat humorous is people obsessed with the morality of homosexuality usually turn out to be one in the end!

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Don't overlook the fact that child marriage is already legal in 49 states in the US (and most common amongst religious communities I recon). "Not only that, the parents in the US can force their underage pregnant daughter to get married, even if she's been raped." (quoting from 0:13 below)

1:29 "We at Unchained at Last, retrieved marriage license data from across the US and discovered that in just the decade 2000 and 2010, an estimated 248,000 children were married in the US, as young as 12 years old, possibly even younger. And almost all of them were girls married to adult men."
edit on 28-10-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I know who the Sodomite were and what occurred thanks

Just remember, you will be judged according to how you judge others. MT 7/2

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

Don't overlook the fact that child marriage is already legal in 49 states in the US (and most common amongst religious communities I recon). "Not only that, the parents in the US can force their underage pregnant daughter to get married, even if she's been raped." (quoting from 0:13 below)

1:29 "We at Unchained at Last, retrieved marriage license data from across the US and discovered that in just the decade 2000 and 2010, an estimated 248,000 children were married in the US, as young as 12 years old, possibly even younger. And almost all of them were girls married to adult men."

And that JW,org doesn’t hand over pedophiles to the civil authorities but that’s ok?
Yeah right

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I don't disagree that there were other evil acts being committed in Sodom, rape and murder were probably common.
Maybe the only thing keeping it check was if the person had a big family that would avenge something done to theirs.
But what would happen when these people got drunk ?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

More dumb argument based on hate.

There are sick people in the World. We have laws against pedophilia. What you are suggesting simply doesn't make any sense. Laws are not created to accommodate aberrant behavior. Stop suggesting laws against pedophilia are some how going to be change because you hate some group in politics. Nobody is going to vote or support pedophilia. Your whole argument is disingenuous.

Read whereislogic’s post four posts up from this one and tell me that nobody will allow children to have sex.
Don’t lecture me when you don’t know what your talking about.. please !
edit on 28-10-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Seed76

When you sign your reply with "Peace" it makes me think you have hate in your heart. You can't have peace without war. All wars are based on hate. Peace is what happens between wars.

I disagree with what you are saying. The weed was created by God. The weed cannot help it is a weed. Every living creature is part of God's plan. This idea people are weeds is why Christianity is on the decline.

Again, you are wrong about Jesus dying for our sins. Jesus did not die for our sins. You cannot kill God. Since Jesus was resurrected Jesus was never really dead in the first place. No harm no foul.

The story of Jesus is not about Jesus. The story of Jesus is about each of us and our relationship to God. The story is about God and how God created each of us with imperfections. We are perfect in the garden of Eden before we are born. After we are born we eventually discover all our imperfections and then we are all expelled from Eden. And then we all eventually return back to God in spite of all our imperfections to become whole and perfect again. The path back to God is the story. Jesus is just how the story is told. If you idolizing the word "Jesus" then the story has no meaning because you are removing the importance of God from the story.

If you want to be a true Christian you need to learn how love and accept non-Christians as much as who you think are "good" Christians. I find a religion based on judgment and the worship of authority to be too much devoid of love. You can't have a Lord without slaves. Christianity in it's present form is just too sadistic, or masochistic, for me accept. I don't see myself as a slave of God. It's not that I lack reverence or see myself as an equal to God. It's just that I do not have any faith in God that is an overlord ruling his subjects with fear and desires to be worshiped by the sub-humans.

A God who governs by fear is NOT a God of love. You can continue to kneel before your imaginary God of hate. I will stick to having my faith in an all-powerful God of unconditional love. You can keep your Christian God of hate . I prefer love over hate.

I am not afraid of your judgment. You don't get to decide how God judges me. My God loves me in spite of everything you say or think. My God loves no matter how badly I screw up in my life or don't act as saintly as I would prefer. For me this is good news because I have lots of imperfections and I don't always have the best behaviors.

I don't blame my parents for my imperfections. I don't blame God. I accept full responsibility. And I just accept my imperfections are part of who I am. My faith is in my God who loves me exactly the way I am without any judgments. My faith in God is much stronger than yours because my faith is not based on fear. My God of unconditional love is stronger than your Christian God of hate.

Love

edit on 28-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I am not afraid of your judgment. You don't get to decide how God judges me. My God loves me in spite of everything you say or think.

Yet you can judge seed76 for signing off with ‘peace’, because to you that means he is full of hate. 🙄

Looks like you better get used to not judging others, because your God of unconditional love loves them as much as you.

edit on 28-10-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Whats funny is, the old testament only says a man shouldn't lie with another man... says nothing about lesbians.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Some of my other favorites are:

Which is based on what Jesus said at Matthew 25:34-40:

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right: ‘Come, you who have been blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the founding of the world. 35 For I became hungry and you gave me something to eat; I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink. I was a stranger and you received me hospitably; 36 naked and you clothed me. I fell sick and you looked after me. I was in prison and you visited me.’ 37 Then the righteous ones will answer him with the words: ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and receive you hospitably, or naked and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 In reply the King will say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

It also mentions some things related to song 25 and song 47 (both linked earlier). Much like this one is related to some of the other songs and Biblical teachings in them:

And since someone brought up the 2nd parable/illustration Jesus used in Matthew 13, I'll do the first:

Pardon if it's a bit much, couldn't resist after I used the word "favorites", obviously I have more "favorites" than the ones I used now.
edit on 28-10-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

When you sign your reply with "Peace" it makes me think you have hate in your heart.

That´s your opinion and you entitled to it, but i like to think i know my self better than you do.

I disagree with what you are saying. The weed was created by God. The weed cannot help it is a weed. Every living creature is part of God's plan.

Again, that´s your opinion but it´s not what the parable says.

This idea people are weeds is why Christianity is on the decline.

No. Christianity is on decline, because of the "Great Apostasy" prophecy.

3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition

The story of Jesus is about each of us and our relationship to God. The story is about God and how God created each of us with imperfections

Last time you were claiming that Jesus and Christianity was invented by the Romans. So what´s story is true ?

Christianity in it's present form is just too sadistic, or masochistic, for me accept.

No one is forcing you to accept Christianity and certainly not me. Judging by your post looks like to me you have found your God and religion. So be glad and rejoice.

You can continue to kneel before your imaginary God of hate. I will stick to having my faith in an all-powerful God of unconditional love.

Really ? Your God is better than mine is all you have to say ? But again it´s your opinion and you entitled to it.

I am not afraid of your judgment. You don't get to decide how God judges me.

I haven´t Judged you i simply corrected you on your misconceptions about Christianity. If you see that as Judgment then that is your perception and is simply wrong.

Peace

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Interesting (but faulty) premise...

The scripture you quoted does not refer to following "the Bible," but following Jesus and his "command." So what did Jesus tell us?

Well, Jesus gave us one commandment: To love one another as He loves us. John 13:34

Jesus also taught that we should not judge lest we be judged, that we should give to the poor, that he who is without sin may throw the first stone, that we should pay our alms in private...

I know of no instance in which Jesus told us to condemn the homosexual or anyone else.

So, please, enlighten me. At what point did Jesus command us to follow the Bible? And at what point did Jesus tell us to condemn homosexuals?

And please do not quote Saul of Tarsus. I am a Christian. I follow Jesus. I am not a Paulian. I do not follow Saul of Tarsus.[/quote

Matthew 5:17-20.
Jesus warned that He hadn't come to do away with the Law or the Prophets, but to fulfil it. He warned that anyone who broke even one of the least of the laws and encouraged others to do so would be least in the kingdom of heaven. The law shows us what GOD considers to be sin. If you don't like it, don't follow Him. But if you find your values and morals more tolerant than GOD's, you are as self righteous as the Pharisees who justifed themselves in their own way.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Is this a topic we actually agree on? I do find that many Christians directly ignore the teachings of Jesus when projecting their bigotry.

Treat others how you would like to be treated, put yourself in others shoes, judge not lest be judged, etc are the basics of what he taught in the bible, but so many put those on the back burner to champion OT positions on LGBTQ and women. It's pretty sad how one can call himself Christian while actively dishonoring the teachings of Christ.

IMO this is one of the biggest reasons we are seeing such a big decline in Christianity at least in the US.
edit on 10 28 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join