It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey Stroganoff ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Yep, turkey stroganoff. I would have never thought it possible.

I was contemplating something easy for dinner last night. I had some turkey tenerloins in the freezer and decided to go for something different.

Minced a yellow onion, sliced 8 oz of mushrooms and couple stalks of celery (I know, celery doesn't go in stroganoff, BUT, it goes great with turkey).

In the instant pot I Sauteed the onions, mushrooms and celery and tossed in a clove of chopped garlic.

Cut up a turkey tenderloin into 1" pieces.

Threw the turkey, a half cup of chicken stock and 2 Tbsp of Worsteshire and some S&P into the cooker. Pressure cooked for 8 min on high. Then a quick release.

Mixed 1/2 cup of sour cream with 1 Tbsp of flour. Removed some of the hot liquid from the cooker and added to the sour cream and flour mixture. Added the slurry back to the pot and stirred...instant sauce!

Served the turkey and sauce over some egg noodles.

Came out fantastic!

Highly recommended for an easy dish, when in a hurry. Might even be on the semi-healthy side.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
That sounds really good. I like beef stroganoff so I would probably like turkey stroganoff.

I need to buy a stainless steel pressure cooker, ours is aluminum and we use it so rarely it gets oxidation inside.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Do you have a microwave version of the recipe for the single alcoholic conspiracy theorist on the go?

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

If you're single, you need to get an instant pot!! Just get the small one at Wally World.

You can cook things just as fast in the instant pot as you can in the microwave. Well, not hot pockets, but actual food.

The list of delicious stuff you can make with minimal ingredients is endless. And, the instant pot is great for what I call "What Cha' Got Stew" And yes, you could probably figure out a way to work even hot pockets into What Cha Got Stew (though I wouldn't recommend it).

Plus, it's got a timer, so you can put something like steel cut oats in it at night and have delicious oatmeal in the morning.

We love ours and use it for all sorts of stuff.

Short answer: No, I don't have a microwave version of the OP.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I just took chicken tenderloins out of the freezer.
Good dinner inspiration.
I dont think the chicken needs the pressure cooker so I will just use a saute pan. I'm scared of over cooking the little birdy.
And I think I will add some tomato and paprika and make it paprikash.
Also I'll sneak in some peas for nutrition.

easy.
Thanks!

Maybe I will bake some cookies this afternoon since this will be an easy dinner. Dont even need to go to the store. I have sour cream and noodles already. and I think mushrooms but not 100%.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Lol
I think thats called take out.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

LOL!! So, basically not turkey stroganoff at all!

LOL!!

top topics

join