It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Cancels All Admins' NYT, WaPo Subs: "Will Save 100s Of 1000s Of Taxpayer Dollars"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well there’s truth in that for sure. But I don’t think this will influence many people who already read the papers to suddenly switch to another source.

And if it does, they’re all the same drivel anyway so the propaganda still reaches the masses.

Zuckerberg has more influence than the President. So his banning of certain viewpoints is a more slippery slope in my opinion.
edit on 25 10 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

The media is supposed to be critical of the administration, without them who is left to call out corruption ?

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   

They still can be. He’s just saving taxpayer money.

And yes they should be there to call out corruption.

When corruption is there to call out.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

They still can be. He’s just saving taxpayer money.

And yes they should be there to call out corruption.

When corruption is there to call out.

Right so we should just take his word for it...good to know...

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   

No, obviously we should take the Washington post’s word for it.

After all, we heard it there first.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Do you always take the first thing you have heard as the truth ?

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: UKTruth

a reply to: UKTruth

Live your life through assumptions and you will assume too much.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.
So, can you explain how not buying a newspaper is an attack on free speech?

If I were to trump you, I would ignore your reply, call it an attack then proceed to remove you from my reply list.

So, you are unable to clarify how not buying a newspaper is an attack on free speech?
That's what I thought. Because it isn't.

Sure let's set a precedent as we speak , remove all media that is critical to the current administration that way we are guaranteed only positive press.

The media has not been removed. It's still there and anyone is still free to buy the newspapers.
Try again.

Everyone except the potus, ok good to know.

No, Potus is also free to buy both the WaPo and NYT newspapers / subscriptions if he likes.
Got anything else?

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   

No. I wait until an investigation has taken place. Or until I have some facts. (Like the Washington post should)

Which is why I don’t go along with the bulk of mainstream media’s views on the President. A lot of the things that are written and spoken about him simply are not true at all.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

No. I wait until an investigation has taken place. Or until I have some facts. (Like the Washington post should)

Which is why I don’t go along with the bulk of mainstream media’s views on the President. A lot of the things that are written and spoken about him simply are not true at all.

I disagree about 50 percent is true. The problem is when they lie the other 50 percent about Trump makes the true stories fade away.

The reason people stick with Trump is because the stupid stuff he does gets squashed by all the fake hype. This is why he can get away with stuff other presidents could not. The media has created the perfect environment for someone like Trump.
edit on 10/25/19 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   

a reply to: Raggedyman

Not my point, he has a strong following that will inevitably go with his whims. You are being obtuse if you ignore the implications of this stance, it's not beneficial to silence the opposition.

Maybe we are having a communication misunderstanding

I asked how is not buying a newspaper controlling the media
Simple, isn’t it?

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   
LOL theres some critical thinking..."Hey You cancelled Your subscription, Youre subverting Freedom of the Press"

Hey Geniuses if You can still buy it, You still have Your Freedom of the Press.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Good, if the government employees want a subscription they can get it on their own dime not mine. Last I checked is they still get a paycheck.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

WaPo is owned by Bezos.

Why do they need American tax dollars when he makes 150,000 dollars a second? That's right, I said second.

Personally, if these media outlets can't make it without US tax dollars, good riddance. Our media landscape could use a shakeup, and I'm not saying that because of support for Trump, because I'm rather indifferent on him.

The only ones I can at least sympathize with is NPR and PBS as they're not for profit.

Edit: I was operating off the premise as OP said that we were subsidizing, upon further reading I see this is just government subscriptions... I'll leave my comment though.
edit on 25-10-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Well I'm sure that he'll have ALL publications cancelled to save taxpayer money --- not just the ones mentioned that coincidentally take a critical slant on his performance. And I'm certain he'll curtail his record-breaking golfing expense to save taxpayer money as well. Cause as we all know, Donald truly cars about the use of taxpayer money.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Well I'm sure that he'll have ALL publications cancelled to save taxpayer money -

Unless they're non profit, I don't care if any president cancels their subscriptions. But to your point, it should be for all to make sure there is no image of favoritism.

The reason I said I sympathize with PBS and NPR though is they are broadcasted via free airwaves. So long as you have a TV and rabbit ears, or a radio, you have access.

WaPo and NYT operate behind a paywall, want to read their articles? Pony up some coin.
edit on 25-10-2019 by CriticalStinker because: Edited out funding to replace with subscriptions

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   

What? Lol

Because he doesnt want to buy it hes a dictator? Lmao...beyond absurd.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Yeah. Without Trump buying newspapers no one has the ability to shell out 2 bucks to buy it on their own.

I totes see the logic.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

a reply to: 727Sky

That's what dictators do, only positive press is allowed and I'm betting a good contingent of his followers are quite fine with this as they don't support freedom of press let alone freedom for the public.

LOL!!! Triggered much? We're all for freedom of the press, but does that also mean we have to support the blatant lies and propaganda that is the media of today? Don't we also have the freedom to choose where we get our news? I fully support our Presidents right to not support those news papers. Start printing the news and unbiased stories and maybe he would welcome them back.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
If I was in charge of an agency and got this kind of order my answer would be simple...
Why not save even more money and end all subscriptions?
And then I would let my employees bring in whatever newspapers and magazines ( within reason, meaning no playboy or the likes) they wish and let them stock our waiting rooms and break rooms with reading material.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Considering he's not taking a paycheck I'm not seeing the problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join