It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Cancels All Admins' NYT, WaPo Subs: "Will Save 100s Of 1000s Of Taxpayer Dollars"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 02:22 AM
link   
My only regret is I did not think of this and send my thoughts to the White House but in all fairness I had no idea the government was subsidizing these papers !! What a great idea ! Wonder how bad this will affect their bottom line; layoffs to follow ?

As The Wall Street Journal reports, White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said in an email Thursday:

“Not renewing subscriptions across all federal agencies will be a significant cost saving - hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars will be saved."

The decision comes days after the president cancelled the White House’s print subscriptions to the Post and the Times after expressing frustration with their coverage.

“We don’t even want it in the White House anymore,” Mr. Trump said of the Times during an interview with Fox News host Sean Hannity that aired Monday night.

“We’re going to probably terminate that and the Washington Post. They’re fake.”

Additionally, The Journal reports that a White House official confirmed that print editions of the Times and the Post weren’t among the newspapers delivered to the White House on Thursday.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

This is hardball and not the minor leagues.

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   
And also saving trees. Good news for Greta👍

(post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed removed for political trolling and baiting)
+21 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 02:34 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 02:36 AM
link   

I agree, yet we see it play each and every day.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 02:37 AM
link   

You should adjust your title to reflect the ENORMITY of this. It's all U.S. Federal Government Agencies on planet Earth!

Its no longer just the "Administration's" NYT/WaPo subscriptions.
edit on 10/25/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I was surprised it was even there to begin with... of course I wouldn't let them in the press room either.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

You should adjust your title to reflect the ENORMITY of this. It's all U.S. Federal Government Agencies on planet Earth!

Very good point. They're probably blocked in other planets too.

+31 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

That's what dictators do, only positive press is allowed and I'm betting a good contingent of his followers are quite fine with this as they don't support freedom of press let alone freedom for the public.

So Trump cancels the delivery of a newspaper and its denying freedom of press, how?
If I cancel ats membership, is that denying freedom of press or just choosing a different alternative source. ATS will continue fine without me, so will WP and NYT without Admins who are quite capable of purchasing the paper on their own. No press is being denied, just purchasing the papers who and let's be honest, who buys a paper anymore

Go buy your own papers, what does this have to do with freedom of press
Your logic is bizzare
edit on 25-10-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 02:46 AM
link   

That's what dictators do, only positive press is allowed and I'm betting a good contingent of his followers are quite fine with this as they don't support freedom of press let alone freedom for the public.

What? Freedom of the press means you have to pay for their papers now????
I can only assume you posted in haste.
edit on 25/10/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Templaragent

Before today, I wanted CNN and MSNBC shut down.

But after Durham and Barr announced criminal investigations into Obama's top people, the nutjobs on those networks turned into rabid animals, or got the "deer in the headlight" look....just like they did on Nov 8, 2016.

How many will start to feel sorry for them eventually? The bad news (from their perspective) is just now starting.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 02:53 AM
link   

...and I'm betting a good contingent of his followers are quite...

Yep, very happy about it.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: carewemust

Very good point. They're probably blocked in other planets too.

I should have gone into more detail, but its getting late. Primarily I was thinking of the hundreds of military bases, and diplomatic outposts, all over the world. Most are online subscribers, but some actually get physical NYT/WaPo newspapers.

(post by conspiracy nut removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Post removed by Staff.

Somehow I don't think this will stop the aforementioned media outlets changing their respective stories or their freedoms, just their bottom lines

I don't see any positive press on Trump
edit on 10/25/2019 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Post removed by Staff.

C'mon Hope, Let the buggers buy their own Newspapers if they really want them. That's freedom for ya. They have the money for it. Electronic news is always available and it's free and no doubt they're all up to date with that on their paid for laptops.

Saving a lot of money. I know, I have worked for the Gov here and these useless subs that just lay around and fill up trash cans for all those white collars.

I wonder if the savings would help build the wall. That would be a slap in the face for the media.

Cheers,

Bally

edit on 10/25/2019 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

(post by ManFromEurope removed for political trolling and baiting)
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Sorry, how does this stop elope seeing bad press about Trump
The papers don't stop being printed, just don't get delivered to admins in his government

Don't need to rant, just explain how this is going to impact on the freedom of the press?

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Not my point, he has a strong following that will inevitably go with his whims. You are being obtuse if you ignore the implications of this stance, it's not beneficial to silence the opposition.
edit on 25-10-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join