It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Republicans Storm Secret Impeachment Hearing Today

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

I think this is why the Framers split the process between the House and the Senate.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

What "pressure' have Americans been putting on anyone to stop anything? Every poll shows that more Americans are in support of impeachment last I looked.

So over 40% supported impeachment before his first day in office, so how does that play into it all with a typical +-6%?

(post by LSU2018 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

President Trump has been saying no president should be treated they way he has been treated.
a reply to: thedigirati

well gee willakers, why would that be? Day 1 he lied to the American people about the crowd at his inauguration, One of the first things I heard from him was " can I pardon myself"... wont release his taxes, wont recuse himself from his companies, makes money off his office, makes his family top advisors, has his personal atty doing govt work, most of his cabinet picks are not qualified or in prison now, .... mocks Americans....

No president may have been treated like like him because we never elected an ass such as him...

He gets treated that way because he acts that way... He is an ass and should be treated as such

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Just want to say, it's crazy watching a group of our elected leaders band together and commit felonies to stop a witness from giving testimony.

Let there be no doubt about who these people are from here on out.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
the actions of a desperate GOP to defend daddy

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: seagull

One of the gravest dangers in blind party loyalty is how easily people can be manipulated by it, into accepting things they should know are wrong.

Damn right this will now be done to the next Democrat President. It's entirely possible Trump could be impeached in the House, but at what cost in the future.

A great point!

I mean, if Democrats do this to Trump, whats to stop Republicans from doing something equally odious like refusing to hold a confirmation on a duly nominated SC justice who was nominated by a Democratic president so that they could run out the clock till a Republican president was in power to nominate a hard-line conservative!?

Truly a slippery slope indeed.

Introducing the Nuclear Option with forewarning from Republican leaders was better. I'm glad democrats never think ahead.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

few anti-Trumpers because the rest of them don't understand how to debate with different opinions. Their only defense is resorting to calling us any name ending
a reply to: LSU2018
calling you guys names? lol...

Damn near every political post on this site is written by a couple of pro trump posters and you all jump in and call dems every name in the book... So I guess I am sorry if that is what the 2 or 3 of non trump supporters do... should have known you are the real snowflakes...lol

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Theyy
the actions of a desperate GOP to defend daddy

You call Trump "daddy"? That's not weird or anything...

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Chick-fil-A delivering lunch to Republicans inside the SCIF room !!!! 😃

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I've met some women with a bigger pair than most men.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

You should work on your reading comprehension. 2010's grad?

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
Republicans actually showed some balls?!

Yes, but they need to take it to the next level... the Supreme Court.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Gaetz is not on the Intelligence Committee. Nor are any of the other 30 members. It's a publicity stunt.

That may be... but I still love it!!! Anything that shakes up the status quo is good by me

Do I detect an air of desperation on the part of Trump devotees?

Methinks the stench of desperation is strong on both sides!

Seriously, I don't doubt for a minute that there were Pubs eyeball deep in the corruption right alongside the Dems. They know a real investigation by either side will show their dirty deeds. Perhaps even worse is that dueling investigations by both "sides" will force them to choose sides... and make deals. Or try to.

Couldn't happen to a better bunch of critters. Let the chips fall where they may.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
Republicans actually showed some balls?!

Yes, but they need to take it to the next level... the Supreme Court.

How would they do that exactly? (And who's "they"?)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

I've met some women with a bigger pair than most men.

Oof...

That explains a lot.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

While I've seen variations like "Libtard" and "Snowflake" I believe that such pejorative terms are unnecessary and unproductive in reasonable discussion, much like the silly "Obama is the Devil" meme.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Clarification.

Figuratively, not literally.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

You little chaos-monger.

(The whole thing is a tear-down and rebuild in my opinion, that being the Trump Presidency.)

As far as my opinion of Congress (all of it, both "sides" all angles) goes ... I haven't posted this in a while...

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Your secret is safe with me.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join