It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Republicans Storm Secret Impeachment Hearing Today

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Those who disagree with Adam Schiff running these proceedings like a grand jury.

He is a former Federal prosecutor who is familiar with how a grand jury operates.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Theyy
the actions of a desperate GOP to defend daddy

You call Trump "daddy"? That's not weird or anything...

Combine that with his avatar, and I'm starting to come to certain conclusions.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: thedigirati

President Trump has been saying no president should be treated they way he has been treated.

I do not see many on the left or democrats saying this will be bad for THEIR future.

Because it won't be. Unlike you guys we don't want our crooked politicians to be protected.

Thinking otherwise is nothing but pure projection.

well it's not like we will know for sure until 2032, I don't see any demcrat President until then.

carry on..

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Those who disagree with Adam Schiff running these proceedings like a grand jury.

He is a former Federal prosecutor who is familiar with how a grand jury operates.

The problem is, there's nothing unconsitutional about the investigation.

The House votes at the beginning of each Congress on the its rules: Rules of the House of Representatives.

Those Rules clearly state that the Intelligence Committee can hold investigations and issue subpoenas.

The matter was referred by the IG as required in Federal law and that is recognized as one of several ways in which impeachment can be initiated.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I fail to see the difference between blind loyalty by Republicans vs. Democrats. I give neither a pass when it comes to making dumb decisions, based on party loyalty, without regard for the larger picture.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I remember you guys saying that in '92 and '96 and '08 and '12 too.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

But they cannot enforce subpoenas if they do not codify this impeachment inquiry by taking a full vote on the house floor.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

I fail to see the difference between blind loyalty by Republicans vs. Democrats. I give neither a pass when it comes to making dumb decisions, based on party loyalty, without regard for the larger picture.

It's a two-headed snake.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

But they cannot enforce subpoenas if they do not codify this impeachment inquiry by taking a full vote on the house floor.

That is not true. Subpoena power is granted to the Intelligence Committee in the Rules.

Enforcement would require a vote of Contempt of Congress, which if affirmative, would be passed to a Federal Attorney for indictment.

No vote is needed to start investigations, or rather, the House vote to empower subpoenas was taken at the beginning of the Congressional session.
edit on 23-10-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

well, with the trans movement an all

it's really not that much of a suprise now is it??

nor much of a stretch...😲😲

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Let them investigate. The more time they spend on that, the less time they spend on running the country properly, which increases the odds that Democrats will be removed from House Majority next year.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

You guys?? I'm not a republican, I am a Trump supporter

the republicans are slightly less insane then the democrats.. this time around...

that is all, I did not say any of those things in any prior elections..

link   
Adam Schiff knows this is all a game, a ploy.

If the Democrats had one sliver of anything that was
damaging to President Trump they would be running
it on the Enema Media 24/7.

The only thing they desperately hope to to do
is sway poll numbers. Anyone with half a brain
can figure this out.

link   

Let them investigate. The more time they spend on that, the less time they spend on running the country properly, which increases the odds that Democrats will be removed from House Majority next year.

We will see. However, a factor in the election in 2018 of the Democratic majority was impeachment of President Trump. Given the current approval rate of 88% among Democrats for impeachment, I'm not sure you'll get what you want.

(post by Theyy removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Without an official inquiry, they have no subpoena power. And that requires a vote.

AG Barr made sure to spell this out when he refused their (unauthorized) subpoenas.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

originally posted by: Gryphon66

You guys?? I'm not a republican, I am a Trump supporter

the republicans are slightly less insane then the democrats.. this time around...

that is all, I did not say any of those things in any prior elections..

Nope, didn't say you were a Republican. I said you guys implying "those who predict Republican domination of the government."

That's not the way the American people work. One term Presidents are not really uncommon though, Carter, Bush I, etc.

It is very rare in recent times that one party is given total dominance for more than about four years at a time.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

Without an official inquiry, they have no subpoena power. And that requires a vote.

AG Barr made sure to spell this out when he refused their (unauthorized) subpoenas.

There's nothing to substantiate this claim. Care to quote Barr on the matter?

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
"Non-committee members are NOT allowed in the room during the deposition. Those are the RULES. NO exceptions made." - Trey Gowdy SC 6/15/2015

you all love Trey Gowdy dont you?

spilling all over yourselves when he was going to jump in for trump? Remember that????

What happened there?

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
And what is more, no one can impeach a President
in The House without a vote. Even if they did
vote and pass, it would then need a vote in The Senate.

Not going to happen, hence NO vote.

All the Democrats can do is run their dirty circus
drag in the elephants and clowns and stack them
up like Barnum and Baily.

And in the process, they are sullying themselves.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join