It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Republicans Storm Secret Impeachment Hearing Today

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Good Lord. How much more childish can the democrats get? That's like seeing a bedroom door closed when your friends are over and busting it open only to find your 6 year old son and your buddy's 6 year old daughter playing "house". They KNOW they're not supposed to be doing it so they try to be clever and close the door. I know, I was 6 years old when my mom busted through my door - when my parent's friends were over for cards one night - and caught me and their friend's daughter playing "house".

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: Gryphon66

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:36 PM link quote reply
Do I detect an air of desperation on the part of Trump devotees?

My friends have coined the term "Trumpets". In that they are always loudly defending Trump.

Yes. A small group, relatively speaking, but always the loudest. Like that indian (native american) tactic of howling as you approach to make your group seem larger than it is. Very effective. Until you arrive and everyone realizes you are not that many.

My friends coined them The Gullibles. Not the Deplorables, because most were just too naive to know what was being done with them. The Gullibles.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

A SCIF can be both.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

That would imply they had some to begin with.

Tsk tsk, gender assuming is against your rules.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Gaetz is not on the Intelligence Committee. Nor are any of the other 30 members. It's a publicity stunt.

Schiff merely suspended the meeting and left the room until the agitators desisted.

The House rules allow the Committee's to hold closed door meetings.

Do I detect an air of desperation on the part of Trump devotees?

It's a publicity stunt - but Schiff holding these hearings in secret and only leaking small bits to the media, while the Democrats refuse to vote is not a publicity stunt?

Give me a break - turnabout is more than fair play.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

why yes it sure can

and schiff could be honest

and the sky could be grey

water can be frozen

You could be real.

link   
a reply to: proximo

Republicans are present though aren’t they?

link   
a reply to: seagull

I don't disagree that the Ukraine thing is among the weakest reasons I've heard to impeach President Trump.

However, at this point, the Committees are investigating referrals and charges some of them sensitive because of whistleblower status, etc.

When and if Articles of Impeachment are drafted and sent to the floor, I'm pretty sure the evidence gathered will be presented to the public, and if not then, at the Senate trial.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Is that a bad thing? Putting our elected officials under a magnifying glass sounds good to me. It might actually lead to non-corrupt people getting elected.

link   

Let's see the man with shifty eyes look the American
people in the eye, bet he wont because he is a coward.

The people see through this, and I applaud the Republican's
for opening the door and looking into the dark basement
corners where there are rats scurrying about.

link   
Let's not forget:

In 2017, the GOP passed House rules that prohibited protesting to obstruct the House floor, mandating a $500 fine for first violation and $2,500 fine for second.

Among the Republicans who voted to prohibit filming from the public floor of the House in 2017: Gaetz Scalise Biggs Brooks Gohmert Olson All are part of today's riot, which included trying to film from INSIDE A SCIF.

Link

Laws for thee, not for me.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
As far as I can tell this wasnt even "secret" meeting, just a meeting of the House Intel Committee...Which means several Republicans have the ability to be there, including Devin Nunes.
edit on 23-10-2019 by trb71 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT

Republicans are present though aren’t they?

They aren't allowed to release transcripts though - or talk in specifics - so what good is that really doing.

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

It's about time! Adam Schiff and Nancy Pelosi don't care about protocols, precedents, and procedure. All they understand and use is DDD.

I think the pressure Americans have been putting on our reps to stop this clown show or bring it into the light of day is having some affect. Finally!!

Actually, Pelosi and Schiff are following House Rules to the letter. Gaetz and his merry band of attention seekers are the ones disrespecting the House and proper procedures.

What "pressure' have Americans been putting on anyone to stop anything? Every poll shows that more Americans are in support of impeachment last I looked. Summary of multiple polls

If they would have just sampled 400 more Democrats instead of 200 more than Republicans they could have an even better result for the Democrats.

link   

While I've seen variations like "Trumptards" and "Trumpkins" I believe that such pejorative terms are unnecessary and unproductive in reasonable discussion, much like the silly "Orange Man Bad" meme.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I will certainly hope it would be presented...

However, this is setting, however legally it may be, a bad precedence. An impeachment inquiry, or however they're phrasing it, should be as open as window glass is clear.

If it's bad enough, by Dem accounts, to warrant an investigation, it's bad enough to warrant public hearings. MHO, of course, your mileage may vary.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

no the sensitive data is BROUGHT to the S.C.I.F.

if the S.C.I.F. is empty (no classified data) it's just a room.

I think they even have a sign out front near the door to show what/which classification is currently inside

A SCIF isn’t considered empty if there’s a classified discussion taking place in it, whether there’s physical materials or not.

Bringing cell phones into a SCIF is a total no-go.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Other polls exist besides the one at Fox News that upset so many Trump supporters, in the case of my link, about 20 or so.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Let's see the man with shifty eyes look the American
people in the eye, bet he wont because he is a coward.

The people see through this, and I applaud the Republican's
for opening the door and looking into the dark basement
corners where there are rats scurrying about.

I wouldn't say Trump has shifty eyes.

Beady maybe, pupils highly dialated sure ... but not shifty per se.

edit on 23-10-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

The point is it’s not secret from those who matter. Both sides are represented and are free to leak whatever they want. If only news damaging to Trump is leaking then maybe there is no good news.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join