It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top diplomat in Ukraine gave "damning" testimony

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Top diplomat in Ukraine gave "damning" testimony

Democrats emerging from his deposition on Tuesday called his 15-page opening statement "very dramatic," "detailed" and "lengthy." Representative Andy Levin, a Democrat from Michigan, said the U.S. diplomat's account was "very troubling."

"All I have to say is that in my 10 short months in Congress -- it's not even noon, right? -- and this is my most disturbing day in Congress so far," Levin said.

www.cbsnews.com...

William Taylor testifies about deep-seated push for Ukraine quid pro quo

William Taylor prompted sighs and gasps when he read a lengthy 15-page opening statement, two of the sources said.

Another person in the room said Taylor’s statement described “how pervasive the efforts were” among Trump's allies to convince Ukrainian officials to launch an investigation targeting former Vice President Joe Biden and another probe centering on a debunked conspiracy theory regarding the 2016 election.

Rep. Stephen Lynch (D-Mass.), a senior member of the House Oversight and Reform Committee, characterized the testimony as a “sea change” that “could accelerate” the impeachment inquiry.

Another lawmaker, Democratic Rep. Tom Malinowski of New Jersey, said it was “the most thorough accounting we’ve had of the timeline.”

Apparently the testimony was enough to make one of Trump's biggest defenders go silent.

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), the president's lead defender in the room, was tight-lipped as he emerged from the closed-door deposition for a lunch break. He praised what he described as GOP lawyers’ effective questioning of Taylor but declined to say whether it yielded exculpatory information.

www.politico.com...

And while we are at it...note the above "GOP Lawyers questioning of Taylor"

The idea that GOP doesn't have lawyers in the room? FAKE NEWS

GOP have had equal Q&A and Lawyers present to question.

This is not going well for the GOP.

edit on 22-10-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

+31 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Have they published a full transcript of the Damning statements and testimonies ? 😎 🦚 😎

+28 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Extorris

Funny how that/those whistleblowers have now disappeared....

Don't hold your breath Exto! You'll be sorely disappointed at the end of all of this.

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The media and the Democrats are brain dead. We all heard or read the transcript. There was a quid but no quo. Sorry, no one that has an actual ability to comprehend the English language and what words mean when used in a sentence or sentences is buying this garbage.

You guys better move onto your next manure patty to throw at the old barn door.

+20 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
So predictable.

Trot out Whistleblower 1. Failed.
Trot out Whistleblower 2. Failed.
Secret closed door testimony of someone they found in the Ukraine who doesn't like Trump. Will also fail.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Have they published a full transcript of the Damning statements and testimonies ? 😎 🦚 😎

Maybe they'll give us a memo and push the narrative it's a full transcript.

My guess is that there won't be much that comes out of this. Both sides like to sensationalize their perception of matters. And both like to use loaded terms like full transcript

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
The media and the Democrats are brain dead. We all heard or read the transcript. There was a quid but no quo. Sorry, no one that has an actual ability to comprehend the English language and what words mean when used in a sentence or sentences is buying this garbage.

You guys better move onto your next manure patty to throw at the old barn door.

Elections around the corner....you can bet the Russia collusion thing will come back around as will the electoral college as will the sexual assaults as will the whatever.

The dems have lost it and it is obvious to every American. The next election will literally be a landslide. GOP will take the White House, House, and Senate.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

You

And while we are at it...note the above "GOP Lawyers questioning of Taylor"

The idea that GOP doesn't have lawyers in the room? FAKE NEWS

And there are no GOP never Trumpers?

I think the actual argument is Trump doesn’t have legal representation in these closed door sessions. So what does a GOP lawyer have to do with a which-hunt concerning trump?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

All transcripts, evidence, depositions etc. get released in full along with articles of impeachment if/when they are voted on and forwarded to the senate.

This is the investigative phase. Once indicted, the evidence is laid on the table for trial in the senate.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Funny how that/those whistleblowers have now disappeared....

Don't hold your breath Exto! You'll be sorely disappointed at the end of all of this.

The Whistle-blowers haven't disappeared? They have already been deposed. Strange assertion.

This is follow-up testimony from first-party sources.

I am a follow the evidence kind of guy. I am never disappointing as long as the truth and facts come out.

edit on 22-10-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
That’s the same thing they said about the Meuller report.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
So predictable.

Trot out Whistleblower 1. Failed.
Trot out Whistleblower 2. Failed.
Secret closed door testimony of someone they found in the Ukraine who doesn't like Trump. Will also fail.

What do they call it when people repeat the same thing over and over expecting a different result? Oh that's right, they call it insanity.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

That.... and we have watched this sort of show by the Democrats how many times already now?
Oh, the Mueller Report will be the end of Donald Trump....
They seem to excel at telling us what was given in testimony that was given behind closed doors....
Jut like the New York Times excels at giving us scoops from anonymous sources.
Scoop... until they have to retract it because it was all

LIES.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Funny how who did and didn't clutch their pearls is the sole basis of the reporting.

Release the transcripts.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

No one in congress saw the SC Report or evidence before it was released.

Here congress is investigating and deposing direct participants and witnesses.

Let me know if you are confused about the difference.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

That.... and we have watched this sort of show by the Democrats how many times already now?
Oh, the Mueller Report will be the end of Donald Trump....
They seem to excel at telling us what was given in testimony that was given behind closed doors....
Jut like the New York Times excels at giving us scoops from anonymous sources.
Scoop... until they have to retract it because it was all

LIES.

I read a idea someone had, maybe here, that I thought was awesome. Make the media run the retraction of the lie as a headline for twice the amount of time they ran the original story when caught in a lie.

That would likely make them think a bit harder about what they are reporting.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Funny how who did and didn't clutch their pearls is the sole basis of the reporting.

Release the transcripts.

Patience.

Sidenote: I do find it an embarrassingly not-credible complaint. The GOP shouted right away that if Congress was serious about an inquiry they should do it behind closed doors and discretely, not publicly where it could be politicized. Congress is doing just that now and the GOP are shouting it should be public hearings?

Either way. The Public can review it all for themselves when Articles of Impeachment are voted on.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

originally posted by: highvein

No one in congress saw the SC Report or evidence before it was released.

Here congress is House Democrats are investigating and deposing manipulating and rigging direct in secret participants and witnesses.

Let me know if you are confused about the difference.

Fixed that for you.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

How about if they intentionally mislead the public, their broadcasting license is revoked for a specific period of time. I think that would work a lot better since they can just bury the retraction story with other stories.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
you have to pass the bill to read the bill......
have we forgotten who is in charge of this mess?

ps
this person has already been debunked by previously leaked testimony and text messages

too bad the bureaucrats don't get to decide foreign policy and the potus does.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join