It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underground Egyptian tomb filled with water is explored

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I found two stories related to this. On the 16th of October, one of the archaeologists describe an intact two foot tall pot.

The other story on the 21st of October describes the entire site.

It was a 20 foot shaft filled with water. They pumped it out, and found a chamber leading to a large tomb with vaulted ceilings.

I can't remember who said it, but "the greatness of Egypt is still underground."

Both links have great documentary videos included.

Express.co.uk

Pottery

EGYPT archaeologists were left short for words after abseiling down a 20-feet-deep pit completely full of water and discovering a “mysterious underwater opening”, a documentary reveals.

“The lengths that the ancient Egyptians went to, to plan and build this inaccessible space are staggering."
Mr Ward was excited by the find, turning to his colleague and stating: “This is a huge chamber, look at it, what’s that at the back too? Is that a door, or a niche? What is that?”
As the pair crawled through the thick layer of mud they found broken pottery, skeleton remains and a second opening

edit on 22-10-2019 by LedermanStudio because: Add photos

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Last i heard years and years ago was they were pumping out Olympic swimming pols of fresh water every day from around the Sphinx area ,

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I wonder how much lower the surface of the ground was, when that stuff was built? How many feet of dust and dirt has piled up since then? Anyone know?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I wonder if it’s water from the great flood?
Are they able to tell if it’s river water, ground water, or glacial?

I’m no expert, but I would think exposing all that stuff to air after being under water would ruin it quicker than smashing it with a hammer.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LedermanStudio

So much to find still in that area and I hope we see it all.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

They Found Osiris's Tomb .

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Does it matter what they find anymore? In my opinion the experts don’t tell the truth or ignore certain facts particularly in regards to how things were built and why. Everything’s a temple or a tomb or a palace made with copper chisels and mallets for one “interpreted” meaning or another without being able to often times replicate the technique or provide supporting evidence to out of context writing on walls or in stone. The finds themselves are amazing however personally for me I’m really interested in knowing how they made these things, exactly.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I consider the building of the Aswan Dam and the subsequent flooding which resulted in Lake Nassar to be a crime against humanity.

We will never know what those idiots buried under all that water.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

They Found Osiris's Tomb .

That was quite a while ago, years.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

any evidence for this ??

where is the water going , where are the pumps ?

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

any evidence for this ??

Actually I remember hearing that a while ago too - and methinks it was actually Zahi Hawass that said it.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

any evidence for this ??

QUESTIONS qUESTIONS Questions

www.abovetopsecret.com...

join