It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are They Digging For At Giza?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

It appears as if digging works have been taking place right at the Apex point of the Great Giza Triangle I hypothesize in the Giza Centroid Theory which you can read here.

Here are some images I have captured from time-lapse Google Earth that show this digging activity taking place at the location of the GGT Apex. What is also interesting is that the digging at this location seems to have began shortly after I posted the GGT Apex point on the internet at GHMB Forum and on my Forum here at ATS).

Image 1:
This image (below) shows the theorised GGT Apex point to the southwest of the Giza pyramids. This image was posted on the internet on March (ATS Forum) and Dec 2008 (GHMB Forum).

Image 2:
This image (below) shows that in Feb 2009 there was NO digging at the GGT Apex location.

Image 3:
This image (below) shows that digging had started at this area around March 2009.

Image 4:
This image (below) shows that in June 2009, the entire area around the GGT Apex location is being dug up.

Image 5:
This image (below) shows bulldozers and dumper trucks digging up the area in June 2009.

Now this digging may well have been for fairly benign and innocent reasons but it is somewhat curious that it takes place in the very area of the GGT Apex and that this digging commenced shortly after the GGT Apex (Centroid Theory) was posted on the Internet.

Would Dr Hawass (or whoever is presently in charge of Antiquities in Egypt) care to explain what is going on in this area that is so near to the Giza pyramids?

Regards,

SC

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Scott Creighton

Hi Scott ,

Have been fascinated with Giza ever since I was a kid . And I've always been curious as to what might be hidden under all that sand . This looks interesting . But whatever is found , what are the chances that we will be informed about it ?

Also , I thought Hawaas resigned ?

And what is the GHMB forum ? Is that Graham Hancock ?
edit on 5-4-2011 by ReRun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

My guess would be that they are looking for the dwarves that live in the subterranean.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Very interesting Scott,
I also enjoyed your other thread about your attempt to circumvent Hawass' wall.

Speaking of which, could this digging operation be the purpose of the wall? If I'm not mistaken the wall would encapsulate this entire area being excavated right?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

My guess would be gold, gems and precious metals.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
One of the long-range plans of the Egyptian SCA (Supreme Council on Antiquities) is to build a large museum out at Giza to replace the building in downtown Cairo which is too small and outmoded for the collection. The Grand Egyptian Museum, as it is called, is located right in the area you have highlighted. So, yeah, I'm not surprised there is digging going on.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by LibertyLover
One of the long-range plans of the Egyptian SCA (Supreme Council on Antiquities) is to build a large museum out at Giza to replace the building in downtown Cairo which is too small and outmoded for the collection. The Grand Egyptian Museum, as it is called, is located right in the area you have highlighted. So, yeah, I'm not surprised there is digging going on.

en.wikipedia.org...

From wiki : On January 5, 2002 Egyptian President Mubarak laid the foundation stone. The museum site is two kilometers from the Giza pyramids.

Looks like you're probably right Liberty, maybe the purpose of Hawass' is a little less clandestine than us conspiracy theorists like to fantasize.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I don't see digging so much as site preparation for construction. You've got the new road with a new building at the end of it and then expansion of the site along the road.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by amcdermott20

Hi,

AM: From wiki : On January 5, 2002 Egyptian President Mubarak laid the foundation stone. The museum site is two kilometers from the Giza pyramids.

Looks like you're probably right Liberty, maybe the purpose of Hawass' is a little less clandestine than us conspiracy theorists like to fantasize.

SC: I believe the new Grand Egyptian Museum is located far to the northwest of the plateau and not to the southwest where the GGT Apex is located and where this excavation/digging is being done.

Here is a plan drawing which shows this:

Regards,

Scott Creighton

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Here is the location of the new Grand Egyptian Museum relative to the GGT Apex point.

Regards,

Scott Creighton

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Nice eye! Keep us updated if you get new info please

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by amcdermott20

Hi AM,

AM: Very interesting Scott,
I also enjoyed your other thread about your attempt to circumvent Hawass' wall.

SC: Thanks for that. I was so disappointed that I could not find a way in to that area. Incredible really when one considers that I was able to gain access to the Sphinx enclosure which is strictly off-limits, even to card-carrying Egyptologists.

AM: Speaking of which, could this digging operation be the purpose of the wall? If I'm not mistaken the wall would encapsulate this entire area being excavated right?

SC: Well, yes. That was my initial thought too - i.e. that the 'Wall' is not so much about penning people into the Gizamid enclosure as it is about preventing access to this 'restricted area'. Remember, this area is patrolled with mounted armed police (on camel) and also guards in watchtowers along parts of the wall.

I asked Dr Hawass the purpose of his wall to which he replied to me: "The wall is for the protection of our visitors."

Regars,

Scott Creighton

edit on 5/4/2011 by Scott Creighton because: Fix typo.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LibertyLover

Hi LibertyLover,

LL: The Grand Egyptian Museum, as it is called, is located right in the area you have highlighted. So, yeah, I'm not surprised there is digging going on.

SC: As you can see from the diagrams and images above, the new Grand Egyptian Museum is located far to the northwest of the Giza plateau and about 2 miles as the crow flies from the GGT Apex point.

Best wishes,

Scott Creighton

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
theyre digging up a mother ship

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ReRun

Hi ReRun,

RR: Have been fascinated with Giza ever since I was a kid . And I've always been curious as to what might be hidden under all that sand . This looks interesting . But whatever is found , what are the chances that we will be informed about it ?

SC: I guess that will depend on what, if anything, is found under the sands at this location. If any discovery here is 'controversial' in nature then the likelihood is that it will be passed through the 'knowledge filter' to find its way into some dark, dusty dungeon somewhere. Is that realism or cyncism? You decide!

RR: Also , I thought Hawaas resigned ?

SC: I think Hawass thought he'd resigned too! He's in, he's out, he's shakin' it all about. Last I heard he was 'in'. Probably be out again by the time I finish my lunch.

RR: And what is the GHMB forum ? Is that Graham Hancock ?

SC: Yes, that's correct.

Best wishes,

Scott Creighton

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Just an observation.

If Hawass is still "in" , it is absolute proof of Conspiracy in the highest order regarding Egyptology....(no big surprise to most here, but...)

How could the whole Government topple but Hawass is still in charge ? TPTB behind the "revolution" want him there, unbelievable...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Hi,

The images below show the Giza Centroid Triangle Apex location. Can anyone tell me what the feature in the yellow circle might be? A digger of some kind perhaps? Thoughts anyone?

Thanks,

SC

edit on 6/4/2011 by Scott Creighton because: Fix link.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Hi iforget,

iforget: You've got the new road with a new building at the end of it and then expansion of the site along the road.

SC: There is no new road here. What you seem to have identified as a road is, in fact, 'Zahi's Wall'. This was built to "protect guests of Egypt" as Dr Hawass explained to me in an email. Curious though that the wall also serves to prevent access to this GGT Apex area that was majorly excavated shortly after I made public the Giza Centroid Theory

Regards,

Scott Creighton

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Could there be a connection between the digging, and this?
Source

The Catacombs of Anubis project, led by Paul Nicholson of the School of History, Archaeology and Religion, is examining a labyrinth of tunnels beneath the desert at Saqqara in Egypt. The tunnels make up the catacomb for the burial of animals sacred to the dog or jackal-headed god Anubis.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dunnojo

Hi Jo,

The Catacombs of Anubis project, led by Paul Nicholson of the School of History, Archaeology and Religion, is examining a labyrinth of tunnels beneath the desert at Saqqara in Egypt. The tunnels make up the catacomb for the burial of animals sacred to the dog or jackal-headed god Anubis.

SC: Saqqara is about 19 miles to the south of Giza (a long way away) so is not connected with this excavation work at the Giza plateau.

Kind regards,

Scott Cregihton

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join