It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why atheism and atheists are just wrong

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

There are false "Gods" as well. You must be knowledgeable and understanding to what can be deceitful and what is not. There are clearly two sides to this world. Good and Evil.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: IrateCanadian

There are false "Gods" as well. You must be knowledgeable and understanding to what can be deceitful and what is not. There are clearly two sides to this world. Good and Evil.

And how do you determine if a "god" is false? What do you measure it against? Do tell.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

"Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods."
a reply to: dfnj2015

Lack of belief and disbelief are the same thing, I believe....

Did they even bother to read the definition? It says it right there...

dis·be·lief
- inability or refusal to accept that something is true or real.
- lack of belief.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

With much research in texts, old books on history, especially Latin scriptures and books (I am in my 3rd year of learning Latin) - You can actually trace a lot of "false Gods" through the Egyptians. They are (were) a Satanic culture. Many of their practices are actually being brought into today as "New Age Religion".

On top of that, I am a Freemason. I have many, many, many books in which are not available to the public at my disposal for research purposes and knowledge.

Much information in regards to real world history is actually hidden away from the public. I could go on about trying to explain how everything connects and what relates to what in different terms etc.. however, I see it as a waste of time as many people would probably not care about reading and looking into it. So I default to telling them that if they care enough to learn about it, then they can do their due diligence and learn it themselves to find patterns, relations and some truth.

There is no easy straight answer on this matter. There is far too much information and hoops to jump through to even grasp a small amount of the entire picture.
edit on 18-10-2019 by IrateCanadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

But there is no "evidence". Religion is faith based, not evidence based.

Only because this 'evidence' is not admissible in 'science'. My word can be used against you in court if I'm a witness, as evidence yet in science, it's not allowed, no matter what I've witnessed or what I've endured.

I can have physical evidence but as long as that evidence can be explained by ANYTHING else at all... It will never be allowed to be evidence for God.

Sounds really one sided to me.
edit on 18-10-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

If they are "false" they are not gods? .......surely they would be imposters !!

Evil and deceitful? isnt that Satan/Devil?

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Satan is not a God. He is a Fallen Angel. An outcast.

Satan is very intelligent. And very deceitful.

Probably better at playing 4D chess than Trump is.

I'll give him that.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
These days I'm pretty comfortable to just remain on the sidelines as agnostic.

No one really has a clue one way or the other.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Many credible scientists would actually disagree.

There are those who were agnostic, even atheist. Eventually through their work, they changed their minds.
edit on 18-10-2019 by IrateCanadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: IrateCanadian

Isnt the believe, praise an fear of any other diety/lord make the Father jealous?
edit on 18-10-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

God cannot be jealous. Jealousy is actually a sin, because it is an evil emotion of wanting to be someone else when you are supposed to be happy with what you have and are given regardless of others.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Which is just based on there humble opinion, not actual scientifically based evidence.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

If you want scientifically based evidence of a higher power. Look into CERN and what they are really about. They are not a group of scientists who are trying to just find the "God Particle" for scientific research or to simply confirm something.

They have a more sinister approach to their work and they have been very successful to this date.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

There are those who were agnostic, even atheist. Eventually through their work, they changed their minds.

**The Agnostic is an Atheist. The Atheist is an Agnostic. The Agnostic says,

‘I do not know, but I do not believe there is any God.’ The Atheist says the same.**

Credited to Robert G. Ingersol popularly known as "The Great Agnostic"

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Yea, but that's not what the really good book said?

bible.knowing-jesus.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
What you did not say spoke more to me than what you did say. You answered the question without answering the question. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Why you'll never be able to prove it:

It's all opinion.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Really? Particle physics is sinister now. Come on

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Well the same could be said about Christians and the different interpretations they seemingly all have on who God is
Surely pre supposing doesn’t cancel belief

I don’t believe in aliens but have seen many movies, have a base concept of aliens

There is a fringe group of “atheists” who are more than just atheists, militant or fundamentalist, the Dawkins type, you could make a case against their extremities and belief

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Atheists who claim there is no evidence for the existence of God seem to have a very precise definition for the word "God". For these people, there is a presupposition God or gods must be a thing "out there" to be experienced like an object. Objects have definitions. Objects have limitations. Objects have boundaries. 

If it can't be measured or defined, how can you be sure it exists? Literally everything that isn't a philosophical notion has qualities and properties that can be measured and recorded. If it doesn't then it's more idea than fact. And yes, atheists tend to deal in fact when it comes to reality on a global scale.

Also, skunks CAN smell themselves.

mentalfloss.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join