It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why atheism and atheists are just wrong

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
Even God worshippers believe that God is some thing.....
The belief in things is strong.

It all starts with the original sin (the first misunderstanding) ..... the first division... 'me in here' and 'the world out there'.

The word God means.... no thing separate.... no me in here, no world out there.... just this that is.... what is happening is happening... no thing separate in being.

God or non-separation does not need belief..... but the illusory separate person does.

edit on 19-10-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

That's an entirely different thread. Most scientists agree that evolution has been proven to occur in nature, from what i know. That is different from the theory of evolution.
www.rtgmin.org...

It's still the best explanation in science that im aware of. The only people I've heard of that strongly disagree with evolution are religious folks. Which only indicates that they have an agenda and no actual interest in science.
Evolution in Real Time
Evolution is a science and experiments are being done all the time.

And wait, why is it on me to prove evolution to you? Evolution is a well established theory with years and years of studies.

If anything, it is on the disagreer of evolution to show the scientific community they are wrong.

More strikingly, however, he found that one of the 12 bacterial lines he has maintained has developed into what he believes is a new species

edit on 19-10-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Here we go again
I didn’t ask for opinions I asked for evidence
I know it can be tricky to understand but you have to show me the scientific experiments that prove evolution

Blue, I am a Christian, I can believe in evolution or creation, my faith is in Christ not in creation
I asked for proof not assumption or an argument from your authority

Am
Nd it will never be on me to prove evolution, science is supposed to do that.
Why is it on me, it’s not a fact it’s a theory.
The onus is on science to prove evolution is a fact

Completely ridiculous to say proving something that isn’t proven needs to be proven wrong, fundamentally dumb

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Evolution as a collection of facts is a theory. Just like gravity. You are of course welcome to present a fact from the theory and do your best to disprove it. Be sure to consult the scientific method on how to do this.
edit on 19-10-2019 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I can’t agree that evolution is a science, I have seen no facts, no collection of facts
Just assumptions, we have done this

About now I ask for repetable observa...
Empirical evi...

You know the drill

Off you go, post the proof up and you win

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormson
a christian believes all the gods of all the other religions are fake or dont exist.

an atheist believes in one less god than christians.

You made my day

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

I can’t agree that evolution is a science, I have seen no facts, no collection of facts

Empirical evi...

You know the drill

Can't convince a blind man that leaves change color in the fall.

Repeatable observation? Empirical evidence? Like measuring the holy spirit or getting a blood sample from an angel? Or even just a handwritten letter from the big man upstairs, complete with thumb print and maybe some DNA? There is a reason you keep criticizing the cook but wont bring a plate to pass. Post your own evidence and we will see how big a horse you are riding.
edit on 19-10-2019 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: IrateCanadian

Do you believe in zues?
Tchulhu?
Ra?
Allah?

If not, what makes yours so special?

This chap converted to every religion just in case.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

This isn't an evolution vs creationism thread. Scientists have presented tons of evidence in support of evolution.

I don't think you understand evolution at all because if you did you wouldn't be asking me to write a 100 page research paper on all the evidence that supports why evolution occurs in nature.

Im not educated enough to do that nor do i want to.

If you got the evidence to prove a majority of scientists wrong, then what's stopping you?

Evolution falls into the catagory of scientific debate, and not philosophical. Im sure many scientists would love to hear your theory on why evolution doesn't exist.
edit on 19-10-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Empirical evi...

You know the drill

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Empirical evi...

You know the drill

Can't convince a blind man that leaves change color in the fall.

Repeatable observation? Empirical evidence? Like measuring the holy spirit or getting a blood sample from an angel? Or even just a handwritten letter from the big man upstairs, complete with thumb print and maybe some DNA? There is a reason you keep criticizing the cook but wont bring a plate to pass. Post your own evidence and we will see how big a horse you are riding.

I am sorry, I never said my faith was a science
I never suggested scientific evidence

Someone suggested evolution was a science, just prove it

On to the topic
I disagree in principle that God can be proven if a person doesn’t see the creation
I believe a person can choose not to believe
I think atheists are wrong but that is just an opinion and opinions are not science
edit on 19-10-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I am sorry, I never said my faith was a science

then clearly you offer no substance, which would suggest a certain double standard in your attitude. its rude to attend a potluck demanding a meal when you have walked in empty handed.

On to the topic
I disagree in principle that God can be proven if a person doesn’t see the creation
I believe a person can choose not to believe
I think atheists are wrong but that is just an opinion and opinions are not science

if it cannot be measured or recorded in a substantial sense, then it cannot be argued to exist except as a philosophical construct. the problem with this whole debate is that an omnipotent cosmic overlord can create this planet and all the life that inhabits it, but cant submit a DNA sample or a handwritten letter with a selfie and a thumb print for the simple purpose of showing respect and cooperation. even a 60 minute interview would be literally the easiest thing in the whole universe, to just sit down with some coffee and chat in front of a camera. such a gesture would be mind blowing but is evidently too great a miracle to perform even to earn our trust and affection.

and thus, we must resort to the facts that we have gathered using reliable methods of investigation and study. these are tools and disciplines we have developed because no aliens or demigods or otherworldly forces have bothered to aid us except in the most dubious and random of cases which are wide open to speculation and debate. we cant depend on magic or divine favor. we can only depend on the laws of physics and our skill in manipulating this reality to play the odds.

where philosophy is concerned, the golden rule is always a safe bet. for everything else, ask your doctor, your mechanic, or your lawyer.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   
What's right about atheism is that it's hilarious stupidity most of the time.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Constantine created yours.

I just want t help you if at all possible.
But please if your gonna chime in championing your ignorance at least
have all the facts straight. Jesus Christ is the only figure in history
that other religions point to as God.

Read this and click on the link and read. It isn't long at all.
The writings came 500 yrs before the Crucifixion.

The old brahman priest asked further, So what shall we all do?"
The Buddha answered. " Keep on making merit and look for another
Holy one. Who will help the world and all of you in the future.

source

Constantine what?
edit on 13-12-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

You mean because crusaders burned all the heathen records?

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

When did this happen Tzar as in all?

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

When did this happen Tzar as in all?

Not all, just a lot. Many libraries. The Roman Catholic empire was famous for it.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Veeerrry good sir
edit on 15-12-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

Veeerrry good sir

You sound nonplussed. What part confused you? Crusaders have been destroying heretical records and artifacts for centuries. That's how you rewrite history.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Im sorry brother but no other religion believes Jesus was God

Most especially buddhists... having little to no mention of a single God in any of their writing...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join