It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why atheism and atheists are just wrong

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The way I understand atheism is from the American Atheist Association:

"Atheism is not an affirmative belief that there is no god nor does it answer any other question about what a person believes. It is simply a rejection of the assertion that there are gods. Atheism is too often defined incorrectly as a belief system. To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods."

Atheists who claim there is no evidence for the existence of God seem to have a very precise definition for the word "God". For these people, there is a presupposition God or gods must be a thing "out there" to be experienced like an object. Objects have definitions. Objects have limitations. Objects have boundaries.

The thing is every definition of the idea of God I have ever read in religious texts describes God as being infinite, without boundaries, and transcendent. However, presupposing God is a "thing" presupposes God has finite boundaries. Since only "things" can be experienced as real in the minds of atheists, there is a presupposition to what it means for God to exist. It's not just that there is no evidence for the existence of God. What atheists are really saying is there is no evidence for the existence of God the way atheists have defined what the word "God" means.

I think this is a fundamental problem with the way atheists think about God. I think for them to be true to themselves, they should not use the word God in any sentence as if they know exactly how the word God must be defined. I can't tell you how many times I've seen atheists use the word God in a sentence where the word God is an "object" with limitations to be experience in reality the same way you and I can hold and have an experience of an "apple".

As far as I am concerned atheists have it all wrong. There is no such thing as an objective reality. There are no "objects" and reality has a purpose. All the measurements made by human beings and their devices create arbitrary distinctions in language. These distinctions create abstract representations of reality. These distinctions are not real and are purely delusional. The word "reality" is not reality. In reality, there are no objects. In reality, there are only waves of energy in every possible direction where everything is connected to everything else. And as experiments in quantum mechanics have shown, at the smallest possible scale of measurement, nature is not made of material substance. But reality only exists as potential possibilities that do not become realized without some strangely spiritual element deciding something is being observed. The scientific evidence seems to suggest our entire reality is part of some kind of higher dimensional mind.

Most atheists simply ignore all the evidence and implications of the evidence coming from measurements being done at the smallest possible scale. Atheists have an absolute dogmatic belief in philosophical materialism. To suggest the scientific evidence is supporting the idea that reality is strangely spiritual is completely taboo. It is the greatest possible blasphemy within their religion of philosophical materialism because it requires the atheist to do a complete overhaul of their entire belief system. Most atheist will not even admit there's and issue. The denial just goes to prove the age old adage, "A skunk can't smell his own stink."

edit on 18-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

As usual your argument lacks any actual information that might change someone’s mind.

It’s just a religious word salad that attempts to move the goal post of what constitutes god, without ever actually defining it.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I'm an atheist...
I don't believe we were created by a higher power.

However I do believe every religion was created by men to control people using a propped up moon god of their choice.
I also believe that more death and destruction has been caused by religious leaders and people using religion as an excuse than has ever been caused by atheists.

Maybe im totally wrong in my lack of belief but I can live with that.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

You are just wrong claiming that atheists have a very precise definition for the word "God".

You are just wrong in conflating atheism with objectivism.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Atheists who claim there is no evidence for the existence of God seem to have a very precise definition for the word "God".

An atheist can only reject the god(s) as presented.

What atheists are really saying is there is no evidence for the existence of God the way atheists have defined what the word "God" means.

Atheists don't make up god(s) to reject.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Finally something I can somewhat agree with you on.

God cannot be within our realm as that would make God subjective to our reality, our boundary's and our problems. Therefor, God must be outside of them.

Atheists and non-believers tend to completed disregard this fact.

It would be as if you created a computer.. to do certain things and it has a purpose and it's thought process cannot go beyond what you want it to think. If you were the creator of that computer, you would not be running around inside of it changing numbers and re-programming. No, you are outside of it. Obviously what is inside that computer, cannot understand much outside it's own realm.

Even for "evolutionists" - If your brain is just a random collection of chemicals that formed by chance over a billion years, how can you trust your own thought process and the things you feel?

And on another note: God and Religion can be separate.

I do not support religion as it is a means of control - I do support God.

edit on 18-10-2019 by IrateCanadian because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2019 by IrateCanadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Atheists who claim there is no evidence for the existence of God seem to have a very precise definition for the word "God". For these people, there is a presupposition God or gods must be a thing "out there" to be experienced like an object. Objects have definitions. Objects have limitations. Objects have boundaries

But there is no "evidence". Religion is faith based, not evidence based.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Atheism is wrong?

Well, I don't believe in gods, holy books or miracles. Nothing, zero faith.

The wonderful thing about being an atheist, is you can't prove me right or wrong, and I don't care to prove those who seek faith in a higher power right or wrong. If anything, I guess I think the zen between the sun, earth and moon are pretty cool, I mean it's why I'm alive.
I guess I worship Ra maybe?
edit on 18-10-2019 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: IrateCanadian

Do you believe in zues?
Tchulhu?
Ra?
Allah?

If not, what makes yours so special?

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

All "Gods" in which you listed are related and/or found to be linked to the ancient scriptures of Saturn / Seal of Saturn.

Thereby linking them to 666 > Satan.

That is why "mine" is special.

The answer is in the stars. The history is in the stars.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: IrateCanadian

Constantine created yours.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Would atheists say Gods name in vain, or actually speak of his might better then most believers?

The Tao doesn't speak it, and if it did it would probably a woman. Buddha kind of an atheist to some degree, since he doesn't believe in the soul.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
No....creation screams at him, and he hears it

Constant....he sent his mum to mark the Jesus history locations......that's cool of him

a reply to: Bluntone22

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I often find it rather strange of people who have no belief in God to use phrases associated with said belief. Such terms as:

Damn it. Its such a common saying when something pisses one off, but who is it or what is it that's gonna damn a situation? What is damnation for a non believer?

Jeeeeesus Christ. If Jesus is or was not a historical person then why use that name in frustration? Why not use let's say George Washington! Or some other historically validated person?

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I always replace the word "god" with the word "nature", try it.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

You seem to be lumping all Atheists into one group based on your own opinions of what your most likely limited exposure to Atheists in real life have led you to believe. You have no greater authority or right to define them than they have to define God, maybe even less of a right since a vast majority of Atheists are former believers.

How many times have you actually sat down to dinner with an Atheist or a group of Atheists and discussed religion and/or belief in a higher power in a civilized manner? I'd be interested to know.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Atheists have an absolute dogmatic belief in philosophical materialism. To suggest the scientific evidence is supporting the idea that reality is strangely spiritual is completely taboo. It is the greatest possible blasphemy within their religion of philosophical materialism because it requires the atheist to do a complete overhaul of their entire belief system.

Generalize much?

Why do you assume all atheists are "philosophical materialists"? Google "spiritual atheism or atheist". Atheists lack belief in deities, otherwise we're as diverse as any other group.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
You cannot use word play to define God into existence.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
I often find it rather strange of people who have no belief in God to use phrases associated with said belief. Such terms as:

Damn it. Its such a common saying when something pisses one off, but who is it or what is it that's gonna damn a situation? What is damnation for a non believer?

Jeeeeesus Christ. If Jesus is or was not a historical person then why use that name in frustration? Why not use let's say George Washington! Or some other historically validated person?

It's not so hard to understand. Some words, phrases and slang become cultural, whatever their origins may be. There are many words we all use daily that we lack knowledge of origin for. An ongoing study of etymology helps.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IrateCanadian

All "Gods" in which you listed are related and/or found to be linked to the ancient scriptures of Saturn / Seal of Saturn.
Thereby linking them to 666 > Satan.
That is why "mine" is special.
The answer is in the stars. The history is in the stars.

I was under the impression that there was only one god ??

Who is omnipotent and every religion gives a different name to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join