It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The president has a complete 'meltdown' today following a Congressional vote

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Oraculi

If so many representatives want the US military involved in Syria, then they should vote to declare war.

Simple.

Maybe they could even send their kids for once.

Instead of ours.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I don’t see what the problem is here.
Pelosi is a 3rd rate politician.
I can appreciate the Dems shock, the truth is like a slap in the face to them.
After all, they don’t dabble in the truth very often.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: xuenchen

It was Nancy afterall 😃

OMG.. If you zoom in to the photo, one Nancy's dentures has come loose! She must have been really angry and frustrated from LOSING over and over and over and over and...

Well clearly her looks are the topic

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I'm not as confident as you. The way this all happened without any forethought or planning almost guarantees something is going to go wrong.

I am pretty confident the nukes are not even still at the US Base in Turkey.

Even if they are, there is no way Turkey could do anything with them.

According to a recent report by the Simson Center, since the Cold War, some 50 US tactical nuclear weapons have been stationed at Turkey’s Incirlik air base, approximately 100 kilometres from the Syrian border.

During the failed coup in Turkey in July, Incirlik’s power was cut, and the Turkish government prohibited US aircraft from flying in or out. Eventually, the base commander was arrested and implicated in the coup. Whether the US could have maintained control of the weapons in the event of a protracted civil conflict in Turkey is an unanswerable question, the report says.

Another source told euractiv.com that the US-Turkey relations had deteriorated so much following the coup that Washington no longer trusted Ankara to host the weapons. The American weapons are being moved to the Deveselu air base in Romania, the source said.

US moves nuclear weapons from Turkey to Romania

edit on 16-10-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If that's true it sure would give weight to all those dems saying russia is pulling strings here.

Is russia really the winner in this?

I felt like they were suddenly inheriting a big mess.

Putin must be learning from china on the long game strategy.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Graham is swamp always has been.

So I'm not surprised.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was one of the secret yes votes on impeachment.
I know cruz is.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

When you Deal with " Career Scumbag Politicians " who have a " One Track " Mindset , it Can cause Irritation from Time to Time . This is just one of those Times .
edit on 16-10-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Sadly, lots of Democrat and Republican politicians think we should too!

As the president said today, many people are making lots of money off these endless wars. Politicians get big $$$$ from the MIC....and don't get me started on the Fed!

link   

Trump just open another chapter in the book .

To Erdogan “ don’t be a tough guy, don’t be a fool “

That man is harder to predict than the weather .
edit on 16-10-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Define a 1st rate politician.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Yes , Blood Money . It Has to Stop !

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Trump just open another chapter in the book .

To Erdogan “ don’t be a tough guy, don’t be a fool “

That man is harder to predict than the weather .

That's the concern. And the problem.

He's recklessly impulsive.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

A First Degree Career Scumbag Politician . How Long has Fancy Nancy been in Congress NOW > ? .......Hmm..........

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

originally posted by: Liquesence

A First Degree Career Scumbag Politician . How Long has Fancy Nancy been in Congress NOW > ? .......Hmm..........

Maybe answer the question?

link   

Another temper tantrum.

link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: carewemust

The kurds weren't fighting isis for us.
The usa did not go and fight isis for the kurds.
Both sides were already fighting isis.

There were two parties with similar goals that needed each other.
They became allies and promised each other things in return for this mutual help.

Is it right to abandon those promises now that our mutual goal has been completed?

You answered your own question - our mutual goal was to get rid of Isis, not provide Kurds with protection from the Turks.

We have no obligation to stay.

link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I looked into this on another site. The only US troops there were in small observation bases. Standing between turkey and the Kurdish forces.

Just barely enough to serve in a operation tripwire scenario .

For me it’s not as much that the forces were pulled out. It was the message it sent for future perspective allies .

Not like we haven’t done that before though .

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Isis isn't all dead. And besides their ideology will never die.
Look at how we still have nazis today.

If that area falls into chaos they could resurface. I for one am hoping you guys are right and isis has truly been defeated. Though I would sooner trust the military directly involved. Than I would trump or congress about that.
What are the generals saying about isis?

I always assumed that the deal with the kurds was that we clean up the area together. With them taking most of the hits and after that we stay to help them form a state. One that would be recognized by the world.

But what's done is done.
Who knows if the world will be a better place in 5, 10, 100 years because of this?

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

The sheer fact that 354 voted to oppose the president tells us that 354 out of 435 is an ENORMOUS majority, and they speak for the people that elected them.

They speak for those who pay them. In this case, the MIC. I'm not talking about the pittance they receive from the taxpayer.

But no worries. For those in Congress (and those Americans for that matter) who support yet another adventure in the Middle East, there is now a website where you can show your support and raise awareness:

GoArmy.com

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I've never liked Trump and believe him to be a reactionary moron, but so are the people that are deluding themselves into believing this situation is anything close to his fault. Don't know if you've been paying attention, but the U.S. has had a long string of inept leaders that led us to this unwinnable moment in history.

Trump's only choices were to get mired in another Vietnam-style proxy war in Syria or pull back and lose more ground to Putin and company in the Middle East. He chose the latter and he chose wisely as long as he follows up with a complete overhaul of how we operate militarily on the global stage. The rules have changed and all of the old dinosaur warhawks are still trying to work harder instead of smarter like it is the 1940s out there.

This should serve as a wake up call for the West that they old way of doings things is over and we need to either adapt or die. As of right not Putin and Xi are running roughshod all over the map.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join