It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The president has a complete 'meltdown' today following a Congressional vote

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
It's a shame that so many Democrats love CHINA and KURDS more than the USA.

It's a shame that Trump loves foreign DICTATORS more than American citizens, American institutions, and American allies.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Is it possible to want to help our allies and also not want to go to war?

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
What I'm wondering is why no one is talking about the 50 nuclear bombs we're effectively just handing over to Turkey/Russia because of all this..

The presence of nuclear weapons at Incirlik, though never publicly confirmed or denied by the U.S. government, has long been essentially an open secret. It became even less of a secret earlier this year when a Canadian senator published, apparently by accident, a document containing the bases where the United States is keeping nuclear weapons.

A senior official reportedly told the Times that the weapons “were now essentially [Turkish President Recep] Erdogan’s hostages” since removing the weapons would effectively spell the end of America’s alliance with Turkey, but keeping them there would leave them vulnerable.

Link

I think the real story here is how after this meeting Trump canceled a classified briefing with Congress tomorrow. Therefore putting them in the dark about the dangers that are now rising because of this impulsive move.

link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Oraculi

*patiently waits for any of those soldiers to actually come home instead of just being moved somewhere else in the middle east..

Yes, that would be something. Since they are not coming home and we are selling 3,000 US troops to the King of Saudi Arabia, chances are those US troops from Syria got relocated and now work for the King. King of SA writes the check to the White House, White House writes the checks to the troops.

Mercenary army for hire.

Jesus Christ, make up your mind. War on Syrian soil good, Troops on Saudi Soil bad. I wonder what besides hate drives your opinions.

Maybe recognizing the fact that no troops are coming home because of this? That no war is being prevented by this? That actually this is going to lead to a resurgence of ISIS and the deaths of a lot of innocent people?

Just throwing that out there..

It's not going to lead to more ISIS. Nobody in that region wants ISIS. Not Turkey, not Russia, Not the Kurds, not the Syrians, not the Iranians.

The US does not need to be there, it's not our region, ISIS is all but gone.

Troops stationed in Saudi Arabia are significantly safer than ones in Syria - to claim there is no difference is dishonest.

This is BS propaganda.

link   
If the dems actually care so much, why haven’t they voted to declare war?

That’s their job, not the Presidents.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: DBCowboy

Why can't they want to both NOT go to war but also want to help our allies?

That's called "diplomacy".

Sending troops in is what happens when diplomacy fails.

Military is the hammer.

Diplomacy is a cake.

You can't bake a cake with a hammer.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Why can't they want to both NOT go to war but also want to help our allies?

You do know that we ( the UN, EU etc) consider pkk a terrorist organization, yes?

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Well, since no one wants ISIS I guess that means they're done for..

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
House vote to condemn

Congress seem to be good at having an opinion, not all that good at making meaningful accomplishments.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

a reply to: LookingAtMars

Is it possible to want to help our allies and also not want to go to war?

I think we have helped our "allies" and enemies enough since WWII. Let the allies we saved in WWII do some helping for a change. Let the US fix it's own problems and then maybe we can start helping the world again,

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Oraculi

I saw all these arguments made when Obama pulled out of Iraq too, but the left didn't generally care.

Apples and oranges, and you know it.

You're attempting to equate a planned, agreed upon and phased withdrawal that did not leave our resources behind us to our enemies, with a completely irresponsible act, devised by one man only and not supported by anyone else in the government.

Actually, apples and oranges are too close. This is more like apples and mashed potatoes.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I love Trump but I’m against the Syrian withdraw .

Nobody is perfect .

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

What I'm wondering is why no one is talking about the 50 nuclear bombs we're effectively just handing over to Turkey/Russia because of all this..

The presence of nuclear weapons at Incirlik, though never publicly confirmed or denied by the U.S. government, has long been essentially an open secret. It became even less of a secret earlier this year when a Canadian senator published, apparently by accident, a document containing the bases where the United States is keeping nuclear weapons.

A senior official reportedly told the Times that the weapons “were now essentially [Turkish President Recep] Erdogan’s hostages” since removing the weapons would effectively spell the end of America’s alliance with Turkey, but keeping them there would leave them vulnerable.

Link

I think the real story here is how after this meeting Trump canceled a classified briefing with Congress tomorrow. Therefore putting them in the dark about the dangers that are now rising because of this impulsive move.

Handing over? lol, watch Turkey turn into glass if they go near them.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
What am I missing here?

Trump pulled out 26 troops from the area, and the Dems go ape# nuts over it?

Trump has this right, but it isn't popular, that's for sure. I listened to his answer to a reporter's tirade about it, and Trump has it pegged. He said a lot of people get something out of these endless wars and would be content if they go on and on and on and on. He's right.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

a reply to: proximo

Well, since no one wants ISIS I guess that means they're done for..

No of course not - but if they pop their heads up there are a lot of armies already there ready to play wack a mole. If necessary I am sure we can send some troops back in to do it also. We don't have have them stationed there as targets.

Is it really your contention it is the US's job to police the entire world?

edit on 16-10-2019 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I notice Russia didn't waste anytime taking advantage of Trumps indecisiveness on this matter.

This whole back down and retreat stance by the US (or Trump) seems to have provided them the perfect opportunity to push themselves back onto the world stage as a influential global military power.

I guess all that pro-Trump internet trolling back in 2016 might be starting to really pay off for them.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

I love Trump but I’m against the Syrian withdraw .

Nobody is perfect .

A star for you for being honest. I respect you for that. Nothing wrong with liking someone but at the same time allowing yourself to be a critical thinker and disagree on issues.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Technically, Turkey is a part of NATO. You may have heard of it.

How would it look to have a NATO member suddenly steal the nuclear ordinance of another NATO member which is housed on their home soil?

What do you think the treaty would stipulate in those circumstances? Do you think Turkey would risk it?

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Incirlik Air Base in Turkey.

It is more than a couple of soldiers with rifles sitting on crates of nukes to make sure they don't walk away.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
It's about time the slimy excuses for human beings who slobber in Congress - on both sides - got a dressing down.
Good. Bet you very few of their own kids are in any war zone. They'll send yours into danger, though, no problem.

edit on 16/10/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join