It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. to pull remaining troops from north Syria as Turkey presses offensive against Kurds

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It wil be interesting tho....800 ISIS brides and brats have escaped a prison in syria..and probably more to follow.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

you know what? I hope Putin does what the rest of the world doesn't have the balls to do and annihilates them from the sky

ISIS solution, they are at detention centers? perfect, annihilate the detention centers and kill them obliterate them, lock everyone down and give the guards 2 hours to escape
edit on 13-10-2019 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

This is what frustrates me about the "talk" on the MSM about ISIS.

ISIS is an ideology. Like Nazism.

We defeated Nazi Germany in 1945. In 2019, we still have Nazi's.

You can't defeat an ideology.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

nope but you can bomb the detention centers
edit on 13-10-2019 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: DBCowboy

nope but you can bomb the detention centers

Yeah, and I'd lose zero sleep at the thought.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Lol... what guards? The kurds are protecting their land and the US is bugging out. Oh, and Turkey already said, taking control of the prisoners wasn't part of the deal.
If its left up to russia, ya, putin will probably just level the detention camps with the prisoners locked up inside. Probably something we should do before we leave just to make sure those prisoners dont give us reason to to have to return.
Which, by this gives isis an avenue to reconstitute into an even more extreme version of the radical islamics..
I dont care if they show up on Israel's or the Saudis doorstep.. our troops are staying out of the middle east!!
What?? They are sending more in via Saudi Arabia?
Of course they are!! We will be sending them in as long as theres oil in the sand and an isreal to defend. So, of course we are gonna need some kind of al quada version for just as long. Which is why we are allowing this to happen probably.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I can see that, intentionally creating a future crisis for saudis and isreal who seem to get along just fine

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
A "retreat"?

We're not fighting Turkey.

The PKK is a communist revolutionary terrorist group.

The Kurds have been fighting in that region since they were known as the Medes.

We are not responsible for every conflict on the planet. We should have never been involved in Syria's civil war.

Obama created ISIS along with John McCain's thankfully dead ass. We killed ISIS and now it's time to move on.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Oraculi

There were some very informative answers all you have to do is read them . I am guessing that isn't what you are looking for, NO STARS FOR YOU

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Thats the point...they are already on fhe loose.

Peeps never learn....was a perfect oppo to re-educate them and kill the ideology. Seems someone wants to perpetuate the situation.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Thats the point...they are already on fhe loose.

Peeps never learn....was a perfect oppo to re-educate them and kill the ideology. Seems someone wants to perpetuate the situation.

You can't reeducate fanatics. At least not en masse.

Do ppl never learn....
edit on 10132019 by Mach2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oraculi

When was the last time a president of the United States ordered a full retreat of US military from our theater of operations?

June 8, 1967.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

News Flash ......the Kurd's are not our Allies. They wanted Isis Defeated and so did the U.S.. Ever heard of " The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Friend" ? The Kurd's are Fractured People with Many Different Factions who don’t even get along with each other. Many of the Factions Ideologies are Directly in Conflict with America’s . The Kurd’s Alliance with the U.S. Stops at their Borders. If we were in a Conflict halfway around the world, the Kurd's would not even send a single Soldier to Help Defend American Interests there . They are Not Allies, we simply had Mutual Enemies . The U.S. Cannot Solve their 200 Year Old Conflict with American Blood . The President knows this Well , a Sane Calculated Move on his Part .
edit on 13-10-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
We reducated the Indians....whats the prob?😅😂🤣

Im talking bout the children. Lots of orphans in there that coulda been helped. The mommas...not so much.....kiddies..had a chance.

THing is....killin em just creates more radicals elsewhere. Gotta figure out the core of the problem and fix that. Bwahahaha. Who am i kidding.

a reply to: Mach2

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Gotta remove 100 troops from helping our fake allies and add 2800 to help our real allies, Saudi Arabia. Sad.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Dont act surprised.
Regardless of how it's done, when has the U.S. ever properly finished what they started ? 🇺🇸

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Kuwait

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The Olympics, womenz soccer...landing on the moon. 😅😂🤣

a reply to: odzeandennz

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

As I've only read your post, please forgive me if someone else has mentioned what I am going to say. First thing. This is not the first time the USA has retreated. We retreated in Vietnam and left our Vietnamese allies there out to dry. That's how we got all those "boat people" in the 1970s. Just a little history for ya.

Now onto this Syrian mess. Some stuff to be aware of. The Kurds wanted to carve out an area and make it their own nation. They thought they were going to get the chance when Obama went in to remove Assad from power. I don't know if the Kurds would have gotten their nation out of it but if they did, Turkey, Iran and Iraq would have immediately attacked that nation. The only reason Syria would not is because they would have been in shambles. The plan didn't go as Obama and his neocons thought and I am guessing that is because Russia stepped into Syria on Syria's invitation. The USA was invading that place actually.

Now the Kurds asked Assad if they could have a homeland and Assad (Syria) has always said NO. Assad did offer to allow them to govern themselves like they do in Iraq but that was not good enough for the Kurds. So the Kurds allies with the USA to remove him from power. The Kurds are traitors to Syria and Assad. And Syria has always thought this. Doesn't matter that once Russia stepped in the USA decided to quit arming the other rebels (ISIS) in the area and start fighting them with the Kurds. The Kurds thought that the USA would protect this "nation" they wanted against all comers but the USA could not legally do this. Turkey is an ally and we would be breaking international treaties and such and the Kurds are not a nation, just a tribe of people that happen to live in Syria. But the Kurds wanted more even though they were told NO by the USA, Russia, Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Syria. So the Kurds are wrong to say the USA deserted them.

When Trump took office, the goal in Syria changed from taking out Assad to taking out ISIS. Once that goal was accomplished and all the ISIS was put into camps/prisons, the USA's job there was done. We did not sign up to watch or guard those camps. The USA took out the people we were responsible for that the Kurds ALLOWED us to take out and left the others. The USA has been asking the other countries to take back their citizens and put them on trial but they have refused for a lot of reasons that don't matter. The USA was not responsible for all those people but we asked the Kurds to watch them and they did.

Turkey has been screaming for years now about the Kurds and some Kurd groups are on the terrorist lists of many countries, not just Turkey. Hypocrites now crying about how they are killing the Kurds, they even consider terrorists. But ya know how that goes.

So Syria has allowed the Kurds to control a part of Syria because the USA was backing them and no one wanted this to escalate into full blown war with Russia who stated Assad would NOT be leaving or pushed out by others. Want to go to war with Russia? The Kurds thought they could rebel against Syria and carve out a place because Syria is in bad shape. But that was not to be.

Turkey says that the money the EU is giving them is not enough and they have gone into their own pocket for these "Syrian refugees" and they are done. The EU says that they won't be blackmailed. So Turkey has begun deporting these "refugees" back into Syria because they are tired of them and the war there is over by all accounts and the Syrians have celebrated that fact in the streets of Damascus too. It's time for them people to go home and rebuild their country but they don't want to leave. So Turkey came up with a plan to have a buffer zone, not only for their own national security reasons but to also send back all these "refugees". How long they would have held it is up for debate.

Syria, Russia, and the USA agreed with this plan. The Kurds did not. Again, the Kurds are not a nation and are part of Syria. So Assad stated these Kurds are TRAITORS. And they were considered traitors before the war ended but after the war, they should have gone back to Syria but they were greedy and didn't want to just rule themselves. They also wanted to be able to say they were a Nation that others recognize like Israel is.

So basically, the Kurds were the holdouts here in getting this resolved. And the USA could not stay there forever.

IMO and I'm a housewife K? so I know no one with any info on this junk really so this is my opinion on what is going on. Remember in the military, the guys on the ground get the info they need, not any more because we don't want them spilling secrets if the enemy catches them. They know nothing about the top brass and it's plans unless they are guessing too.

The squawking is all show on the parts of Russia and the USA. And Turkey is aware that sanctions and all that may come from countries and even the USA and Russia because the military doesn't tell the civilians everything either, not even in the Congress or Senate. The President is the Commander of the Military and I would think is "in the know" but he would be the only one up there that is in on this plan. It's why Trump will probably sign the sanctions bill and all that. Military secrets are kept secret and don't believe otherwise. Oh sure, some things get out but.... No, I don't think so. The military takes that stuff seriously and the penalty for traitors is death so.....

I believe that since the Kurds were not playing ball and this is the last stage of the war. Syria was going to go into that area and take it back from the Kurds by fighting tooth and nail for each foot. They were just waiting for the USA to leave so they wouldn't have the USA to deal with too. These Kurds are traitors to the Syrians. Or were. Last I heard, in the last 3 days they have been negotiating with the Syrians and Russians to help with the Turks. Before this Turkey invasion the Kurds refused to have anything to do with Assad. Now they are begging for their "country", Syria, to help them expel the Turks from Syria. Funny how that works huh? LOL

So maybe, this was the plan. The Kurds would have thought that the USA was backstabbing them either way we went. Leaving Syria, at any time and not protecting the Kurds, is backstabbing them. Period. So them and others thinking we betrayed the Kurds. So frigging what. They would not have changed their minds if we just left and Turkey was not invading them because then they were going to be invaded by Syrian and maybe Russian forces.

All Trump and Turkey did was force the Kurds back into the Syrian nation. And Russia and Syria cheers as they don't have to go fight these traitors to get Syrian land back. And because of Turkey and the USA, the Kurds are now sitting at the table with the Syrians and Russia where they wouldn't even consider it before. Death to Syria they thought. Kurdistan rises and the USA is going to protect us. Not happening. The Kurds are not even close to USA citizens. Why should we protect their nation for them? Stupidity in action IMO.

Now Turkey is saying they want, what? 20 miles of the border area for a buffer. That area was only 3 miles but again, the Kurds wouldn't consider it. The Kurds are the hardasses in this entire mess and I don't feel any pity for them idiots.

Continued in next posting coming up. Ran outta characters dang it. LOL
edit on 13-10-2019 by sybdragon because: dang added "ed" , removed "on", changed not to now, adding an "a"

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: sybdragon

Part 2

I think Syria, Russia, Turkey and the USA planned this so the Kurds would play ball with Syria and go back to being Syrian. The fallout was known by all as none of this stuff is on the fly even if it looks like it. I think Turkey will pull back, maybe get a small buffer area to throw the "refugees" back into for a while and that will be that. The USA and Turkey, being allies on the same side, both take a hit. But that's ok. The end goal was achieved with much less bloodshed and cost to Syria than there would have been had the Kurds stayed in rebellion in Syria. And everyone is happy in a few weeks.

Now to go back and see if I made any spelling mistakes in spelling or such. Proofread and see if I missed any points. Hope this helps ya some.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join