It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. to pull remaining troops from north Syria as Turkey presses offensive against Kurds

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

And yet another hint -
June 8th 1967 was the day of the USS Liberty incident

Thank You!

I am so friggin' disappointed with ATS membership right now.

Or maybe I'm disappointed with me.

Maybe I need to post a thread once a week or so on the USS Liberty.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I Think a Wise Man once said ........" America is Not the World's Policemen " .................Anymore.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Get a load of CNN's front page right now...

What a joke!

edit on 14/10/19 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

I Think a Wise Man once said ........" America is Not the World's Policemen " .................Anymore.

Kind of true...Kind of not true....

We will do what is to our best interest and dumping on the Kurds I see as not in our best interest. If 10,000s of ISIS fighters are released due to us leaving then do you see that as a good thing, at a minimum, in our best interest?

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

What about our Alleged " European Allies " ? They have been Involved in the Middle East for Over 2 Centuries now . Don't you think it is in their Best Interests to have Stabilized Governments in some of their " Ex Colonies " ? Why must the U.S. ALWAYS Carry the Burden of Defending Against Insurgency in Far Away Lands ? ?

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Kind of true...Kind of not true....

We will do what is to our best interest and dumping on the Kurds I see as not in our best interest. If 10,000s of ISIS fighters are released due to us leaving then do you see that as a good thing, at a minimum, in our best interest?

Well, if their country of origin refuses to take them back, and put them on trial for terrorism, what do you suggest?

Inter them indefinitely, at our expense, in Syria, where our presence is not wanted? I don't care much for that option.

Execute them? OK by me but I don't think that's acceptable in the world's view.

Those are the only choices I see.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Trump says he's evacuating US troops from the ME, yet he sends thousands of troops to Saudi Arabia!

Trump admin sending thousands more U.S. troops to Saudi Arabia

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration said Friday it is sending 2,800 more troops, fighter jets and missile defense weaponry to Saudi Arabia to help bolster the kingdom’s defenses after a September attack on its oil facilities.

www.nbcnews.com...

Trump can't stop lying and distorting reality. He lies as he breathes.

He is a self-deceiver and one who deceives others who are as bent as he is.

(post by contextual removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

What about our Alleged " European Allies " ? They have been Involved in the Middle East for Over 2 Centuries now . Don't you think it is in their Best Interests to have Stabilized Governments in some of their " Ex Colonies " ? Why must the U.S. ALWAYS Carry the Burden of Defending Against Insurgency in Far Away Lands ? ?

The short answer..... Because they suck...

If we wait on them it is not in our best interest....See where this all takes us.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

Well, if their country of origin refuses to take them back, and put them on trial for terrorism, what do you suggest?

Inter them indefinitely, at our expense, in Syria, where our presence is not wanted? I don't care much for that option.

Execute them? OK by me but I don't think that's acceptable in the world's view.

Those are the only choices I see.

No clue... The ONE thing we can't do is release them, I think we both can agree on that.

edit on 14-10-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
So it's like they need to get working on compiling trash against the next country that will be destabilized after Venezuela and Iran?

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I just heard on the radio that the U.S. is going to punish Turkey with crippling sanctions, and leave our 1,100 troops in the area.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

So , The short answer to that is Keep Shedding American Blood for the sake of What > ? America is Not being Attacked Directly by these Radical People , so your " Short Answer " does not seem Logical ...........

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

So , The short answer to that is Keep Shedding American Blood for the sake of What > ? America is Not being Attacked Directly by these Radical People , so your " Short Answer " does not seem Logical ...........

Of the 50 personal over there how dangerous is it to suggest they going to die?

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

How Many have Died over there in the Last 19 YEARS ? Were ANY of them your Son > ? Your arguement is Treading on Dangerous Ground Right Now ........

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   

How Many have Died over there in the Last 19 YEARS ? Were ANY of them your Son > ? Your arguement is Treading on Dangerous Ground Right Now ........

You are talking to a person that has spent 28 years in the military that has been in every war or contingency since 1980, and I still go to Afghanistan today. I'm not sure what dangerous grounds you are talking about, but you are now suggesting we pull back everyone from every where and get into our safe rooms.

I have a higher risk of dying here in the states due to an accident than dying in Afghanistan today...
edit on 14-10-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 03:15 AM
link   

You are talking to a person that has spent 28 years in the military that has been in every war or contingency since 1980, and I still go to Afghanistan today. I'm not sure what dangerous grounds you are talking about, but you are now suggesting we pull back everyone from every where and get into our safe rooms.

I have a higher risk of dying here in the states due to an accident than dying in Afghanistan today...

You win strawman of the thread for that one.

Perhaps your view is clouded from the very fact you have been a part of the whole fiasco.

That's completely understandable. You don't want the effort of yourself, and your brothers and sisters to have been in vain.

The problem is that it really has been for naught, and staying indefinitely is not an option.

We will eventually leave Afghanistan as well, and guess what. Nothing will have, ultimately changed.

Thank you for your service though, and I truly mean that.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

You win strawman of the thread for that one.

Perhaps your view is clouded from the very fact you have been a part of the whole fiasco.

That's completely understandable. You don't want the effort of yourself, and your brothers and sisters to have been in vain.

The problem is that it really has been for naught, and staying indefinitely is not an option.

We will eventually leave Afghanistan as well, and guess what. Nothing will have, ultimately changed.

Thank you for your service though, and I truly mean that.

I think it is more that I understand the risks involved and to suggest we pull the 50 out because it was one of Trump's campaign promises at the cost of 10,000s of Kurd lives I do not find very reasonable to say the least.

The reality is we are not in combat situations like 2004 through 2010 was like and more military personnel die in training accidents each year then combat. The reasoning to pull those 50 out due to the risk of being killed in combat is a risk that just isn't there right now for them, and so they have a higher chance to die from an accident if they were in the states. I'm not saying that justifies us being there, just that risk is the wrong factor to use for this event.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Oraculi

SMH

You want a war?

Then have your leftist representatives in congress vote for it. They (the leftists) hold the majority. They can declare war. The president actually can't.

You want war, go tell your representatives to vote for it.

You uninformed, gullible moron. I honestly dont even understand how you can be this dense (or this disingenuous, whichever is the case). Stunning level of ignorance. I mean, you are legitimately one of the most ignorant people i have ever come across... but even you cant be dense enough to actually believe what you wrote in that comment.

The forces there were PREVENTING war. They were bringing stability to the region. That was their job. A job that, by literally all accounts, they were doing very well. Pulling them out doesnt stop a war; it births war. It blatantly screws over one of our staunchest allies, it shakes confidence in the US for all of our other allies, it gives ISIS free reign to return to full strength, and it directly benefits Russia (weird that Trump would do something to benefit Russia, wonder why).
You wont find a single foreign policy expert or Middle East expert who will say anything other than the force that Trump just pulled out was very successful. You wont find a single one who says that this was a good idea. Every single one will tell you that this clears a path to MORE war, and has the potential to cause vast security concerns for the US in the future. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.
There's a reason that even his strongest GOP supporters have said (unanimously) that this was a terrible idea, causes a massive amount of problems, harms the US's reputation, and leaves the door wide open for warfare. There's a reason why all of the soldiers there said this was an incredibly huge and shameful mistake, and that they are "ashamed."
Turkey did everything we asked of them. They were one of our most loyal allies. They helped fight ISIS and keep it from re-establishing itself. And we just abandoned them and left them to be slaughtered.

This move doesnt prevent war and was never intended to. Nobody is dumb enough to believe that. Except, apparently, you. Even the biggest Trump suck-ups have gone on record stating that this was an incredibly massive and incredibly worrying blunder, with literally zero benefits. This creates massive potential for MORE war, not less. So just stop with your incredibly disingenuous and incredibly uninformed and incredibly idiotic BS.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I am not " Suggesting " Anything . My Family Served their Country Well , and some Never Came Back . What was the Last War U.S. Servicemen Won ? My Point being War is the Last Resort after Diplomacy Fails to Resolve Differences between Parties . Geopolitics be Damned , enough Americans have Died already in Foreign Wars that Never have Conclusive Outcomes other than putting Brave Men in Body Bags . I Will Defend MY COUNTRY , but I Will Never Defend Tyranny . The Real Enemy of America Today have Always been the Neocons who could Care Less How Many Meet their Maker in Pursuit of their Alleged Political Whims ...........

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join