It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Veritas next project is CNN

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: Vasa Croe

He has been criticized for selectively editing videos to misrepresent the context of the conversations and the subjects' responses, creating the false impression that people said or did things they did not.

So essentially, this is literal hardcore right-wing fake news, attempting to portray a left leaning news organization as "fake news", yeah? Well, as long as it validates your own personal political ideology... I suppose.

So some nameless editor on Wikipedia SAYS "he's been accused." and that makes it true? Just who is biased here? Could it be a nameless "editor" on Wikipedia. Nah! Everyone knows Wikipedia is staffed by un biased professional journalists. So not particularly impressed with your source material here.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Selective editing is apparently only a problem when it goes against your agenda.

CNN twice on Sept. 25 following the release of the transcript cut out 540 words between one sentence in the transcript and another without noting that anything was between the two sentences. The deceptive edit started with a line from Trump: “I would like you to do us a favor.” CNN then immediately placed another line—”There’s a lot of talk about Biden’s son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great.

Media Outlets Cut Out Crucial Parts of Trump Transcript

Remebember...the biggest smoking gun of the month continually rammed down everyone's throat by CNN etc.

Trump: “I would like you to do us a favor.” then...

540 words not about Biden

Yet 80% of America just got to see the edit over and over and over and over and it's still being spread as if it's relevant

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

LOL @ Wikipedia as an unbiased source.

Yes, the videos are edited.

For time... he makes documentaries.

The entire uncut footage is released a well if anyone wants to go through it.

So no, it is not "edited to misrepresent context."

THAT appears to be the preview of places like CNN.

Did you mean, 'purview?

No matter,

You are correct to say the video was edited, more or less for time, and any street language used.
As for Bonifield, he works for CNN in matters medical...in Atlanta, not Washington, and not in the political scene at all.
So all the PV guy really got was an opinion.

Purview, yes.

English isn't my first language so occasionally I still stumble on the written portion of it.

Thanks for the correction.

As for the rest I was referring to O'Keefe, since he was the subject we were talking about.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

originally posted by: Oraculi

James Edward O'Keefe III (born June 28, 1984) is an American conservative political activist.[2][3] He produces secretly recorded undercover audio and video encounters with figures and workers in academic, governmental, and social service organizations, purporting to show abusive or allegedly illegal behavior by employees and/or representatives of those organizations.[4] He has been criticized for selectively editing videos to misrepresent the context of the conversations and the subjects' responses, creating the false impression that people said or did things they did not.

Link

So essentially, this is literal hardcore right-wing fake news, attempting to portray a left leaning news organization as "fake news", yeah?

Well, as long as it validates your own personal political ideology... I suppose.

Yes, it is ultra biased, ultra right outlet camouflaged as legitimate journalism, but sticks to no rules or ethics of true journalism. Edits videos without any shame, cuts off statements in order to show bias, and so on and so on.

Basically, all you would expect non-journalists to do when all they want to do is turn a profit. It's tabloid stuff and some people love tabloids.

I truly tried to refrain from being drawn into this pi$$ing match, right up to the point of your absurd "ethics in journalism" comment.

While I think PV is on par with tabloid sensationalism, to think that CNN, MSNBC, etc are anything resembling an nonbiased news source, rather than left wing editorials, would lead any rational person to doubt your credibility.

I never commented on those, you did, it's called a straw man. But yes if you want to discuss those as well, I agree CNN, FOX and MSNBC do not post all truth either. At the same time, all three of those are far, far from tabloid quality Project Veritas, I think we can agree.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

If CNN has nothing to hide, then they have nothing to worry about.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

James Edward O'Keefe III (born June 28, 1984) is an American conservative political activist.[2][3] He produces secretly recorded undercover audio and video encounters with figures and workers in academic, governmental, and social service organizations, purporting to show abusive or allegedly illegal behavior by employees and/or representatives of those organizations.[4] He has been criticized for selectively editing videos to misrepresent the context of the conversations and the subjects' responses, creating the false impression that people said or did things they did not.

Link

So essentially, this is literal hardcore right-wing fake news, attempting to portray a left leaning news organization as "fake news", yeah?

Well, as long as it validates your own personal political ideology... I suppose.

Yes, it is ultra biased, ultra right outlet camouflaged as legitimate journalism, but sticks to no rules or ethics of true journalism. Edits videos without any shame, cuts off statements in order to show bias, and so on and so on.

Basically, all you would expect non-journalists to do when all they want to do is turn a profit. It's tabloid stuff and some people love tabloids.

I truly tried to refrain from being drawn into this pi$$ing match, right up to the point of your absurd "ethics in journalism" comment.

While I think PV is on par with tabloid sensationalism, to think that CNN, MSNBC, etc are anything resembling an nonbiased news source, rather than left wing editorials, would lead any rational person to doubt your credibility.

I never commented on those, you did, it's called a straw man. But yes if you want to discuss those as well, I agree CNN, FOX and MSNBC do not post all truth either. At the same time, all three of those are far, far from tabloid quality Project Veritas, I think we can agree.

No, I don;t think we can agree.
Project Veritas gets actual video material.
CNN makes things up out of thin air and then tells you, in the case of wikileaks, you're not allowed to look at it yourself.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Link

CNN makes things up out of thin air and then tells you, in the case of wikileaks, you're not allowed to look at it yourself.

You're confused. I was talking to Mach2, who was agreeing. You just injected yourself into an ongoing conversation.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
What does the non-biased media think of all this ?

Oh: wait...

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
a reply to: JustJohnny

I couldn't find anything about Project Veritas being prosecuted for anything, maybe you could link to an example. Seems I remember them being sued but unsuccessfully. They have released videos that revealed a teacher's union protecting a teacher who had abused a student, which seems like worthwhile work.

The work on Planned Parenthood was a political hit job but the lady did say they sold fetus tissue. Help me out with an example of what you mean by prosecuted over their work and not how they obtain the secret video. The expose on CNN this round seems to be on Stelter screaming some ugly unkind things at others, the same guy who preaches to the rest of us.

They did get prosecuted, for trying to interfere (bug?) with a senators phone.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Link

You're confused. I was talking to Mach2, who was agreeing. You just injected yourself into an ongoing conversation.

I think something went awry with the system. I was confused, as well.

I apologize if it came off as a "strawman". I try not to do those.

I may have assumed, incorrectly, that you beleived there are non bias "news" outlets still in existence. There may be some, I suppose, but I'm not aware of them.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Since we already know that CNN is basically a CIA black op & are the prime propagandists for the globalist elites, this is gonna be good - like a fly-on-the-wall inside the CNN boardroom discussing their weekly propaganda-programming techniques and targets.

Hopefully we'll get to see how triggered and frustrated they are at Trumps relentless attacks on them.

Can't wait for this one - it's gonna be good.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Judging by the swarm of flies attracted to this thread already, I'm sure it will be entertaining if nothing else.

"They were accused of selectively editing!"

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

So, what are you actually trying to say, exactly? Are you seriously trying to argue that this guys the definition of quality ethical journalism?

Or are you just randomly ranting nonsense, in the hope that you eventually stumble across some kind of discernible point?
edit on 12-10-2019 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well , let us look at numbers , shall we ?
I do not watch any shows outside of Discovery , History , Science , etc. and cartoons in the meantime .
However , due to the constant barrage of "CNN is popular" , I do keep up with numbers .
Just for ATS.
Here Are the Top Cable News Shows of Q2 2019
There are times that Sean Hannity alone outdoes the entire prime time lineups of other channels
You heard me right.
With the growth in popularity , I would say a LOT of folks have been and are switching.
This has been the trend for a long time now.
The only age group still loyal to the liberal based news shows , are the ones under 25 .
And foreign countries.
Let that sink in.
The reason ?
It is not rocket science.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Link

If you want to have a private conversation with someone, use the messaging system.
This is a forum - there is no 'injecting' into conversations.
Like I said, you thought wrong - we do not agree.

edit on 12/10/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   

how many edits/reshoots did it take?

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

numbers mean #e.

hillary beat the orange one by 3 million. meant nothing.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
Judging by the swarm of flies attracted to this thread already, I'm sure it will be entertaining if nothing else.

you asked.

i googled. www.vice.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

just like trumps tax returns. and school records.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

MORE than "entertaining" if the Project Veritas STING against CNN is linked to the negative exposure CNN will receive from the upcoming DOJ Inspector General's report on Media Malpractice. (IG Horowitz said in June 2018 that a Media Malpractice investigation was beginning.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join